Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-11-2021, 08:12 PM   #1

Winegard Connect 2.0 4G or 2.0 4G+?

Who has the Windgard Connect 2.0 4G or 4G+? I would like to add 4G LTE and WiFi extender to my trailer. The current TV antenna is about 1" in from the side of the trailer over the rear door (black antenna in the photo attached). So here are my choices in order of what I would prefer to do and I would like your advice as to what you think is best. Winegard recommends installing their unit on centerline on the roof. How important is that? Note the Connect 2.0 4G is only 4G LTE and WiFi repeater. The Connect 2.0 4G+ is TV/AM/FM antenna as well as 4G LTE and WiFi repeater. I should also note that I am extremely happy with the TV reception I get from the current antenna.

1. Remove the TV antenna and place the Connect 2.0 4G+ in the same location. Gives me an entry point for the wiring, no additional antenna on the roof, my current TV antenna performs well at this location. But it isn't centerline. Also the remnants of the current TV antenna mounting would be covered up by the Winegard antenna.

2. My current TV antenna has a port built into the base to allow an additional antenna wire to exit from the base of the TV antenna. So...keep the existing TV antenna, run the additional cable out the port in the base, and install the Connect 2.0 4G centerline somewhere forward of the A/C unit. Advantage is I still keep the existing TV antenna which performs well for me and the Winegard gets mounted centerline as recommended. Disadvantages are that I now have two completely seperate systems, the Winegard and my existing TV antenna.

3. Remove the current TV antenna and replace it with a 2 port cable entry gland, which I think the Winegard Connect 2.0 4G+ comes with. Mount the 4G+ unit centerline forward of the A/C unit. I'm thinking this might be the best course of action unless the Winegard Connect 2.0 4G+ TV/AM/FM antenna is worse than the TV antenna I have now. This would leave me with the singular antenna system.

Anyone have any experience with this system that can offer advice?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Roof.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	51.9 KB
ID:	254270  
NavyLCDR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2021, 11:39 PM   #2

I have the same exact question with my Legacy. I would love to know if TV reception would improve, and I would love to know how important the center line installation is? My opinion the less on the roof the better!
troybuz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2021, 07:37 PM   #3

I plan on getting one too. But probably just the wifi/4G LTE version. Main reason for is an easier install. Only need to worry about the power and switch. I only wish there was a remote location for the sim card instead of on the unit itself.

Tags
winegard