Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-23-2022, 02:05 PM   #1

Winegard Gateway GW-1000 power and set-up

Hi,
I have a new 2023 Forest River Sunseeker 3010ds that we picked up last week from our dealer in Orlando. We camped at Wekiva Springs State Park for two nights and are looking forward to many new adventures! My question is how to set up my Winegard GW-1000. It was on when we we camping but there was no Wi-Fi in the campground. The LED was flashing so I know it had power. Now I’m home and the LED is not flashing. I pushed reset a few different times without success. It doesn’t seem to have power. There is no power switch. I don’t know if it’s a fuse issue. I don’t know where that fuse is located. I’ve found fuse panels but don’t see any 3 Amp fuses. Any suggestions will be appreciated.
BigRNick
BigRNick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2022, 11:02 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRNick View Post
Hi,
I have a new 2023 Forest River Sunseeker 3010ds that we picked up last week from our dealer in Orlando. We camped at Wekiva Springs State Park for two nights and are looking forward to many new adventures! My question is how to set up my Winegard GW-1000. It was on when we we camping but there was no Wi-Fi in the campground. The LED was flashing so I know it had power. Now I’m home and the LED is not flashing. I pushed reset a few different times without success. It doesn’t seem to have power. There is no power switch. I don’t know if it’s a fuse issue. I don’t know where that fuse is located. I’ve found fuse panels but don’t see any 3 Amp fuses. Any suggestions will be appreciated.
BigRNick
Following this post as I will be going through the exact scenario in Nov. might even go to Wekiva! 😀 I guess you purchased the GW-1000 from Winegard and installed it into the Winegard 360+?
Hoping you get some responses
scotte303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2022, 01:54 PM   #3

The Winegard was included as an option in my RV. I called the Winegard support line and they told me how to turn it on. On the coaxial plate in the cabinet near the Winegard Gateway, there are two small buttons. One turns on the antenna and the other turns on the gateway. I couldn’t see them in the cabinet shadows until I was told to look there. That problem is solved. Now I have to get a SIM card and data plan from Verizon.
Old 08-24-2022, 02:06 PM   #4

Quote:
The Winegard was included as an option in my RV. I called the Winegard support line and they told me how to turn it on. On the coaxial plate in the cabinet near the Winegard Gateway, there are two small buttons. One turns on the antenna and the other turns on the gateway. I couldn’t see them in the cabinet shadows until I was told to look there. That problem is solved. Now I have to get a SIM card and data plan from Verizon.
I will need to ask the dealer if it can be done.
Anyhow, just curious how the WiFi gateway is working. We’re you able to connect to anything like your home?
Thanks!
Old 08-24-2022, 02:51 PM   #5

I tried to connect the Gateway to my home WiFi but was unsuccessful. Not sure if I was doing it correctly.
Old 08-24-2022, 06:09 PM   #6

Quote:
I tried to connect the Gateway to my home WiFi but was unsuccessful. Not sure if I was doing it correctly.
I believe you just need to push and hold a button for a few seconds
Old 10-18-2022, 09:32 PM   #7

Might be too simple to state but you either bring your own SIM card or purchase a data plan through Winegard.

What I’d like to know is if this is better than other options on the market?
Krtwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2022, 05:19 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krtwin View Post
Might be too simple to state but you either bring your own SIM card or purchase a data plan through Winegard.

What I’d like to know is if this is better than other options on the market?
I installed the GW-1000 got a dedicated sim card and all that. The GW-1000 would drop the connection every two to three hours and need to be rebooted after a few days it was sent back. I picked up a Verizon 8800L MiFi and it has worked like a champ. We have two phones that have the top tier Verizon plans and each one gets 50gb of hotspot each month, because of our phone plans we get a discount on the MiFi data plan we have 100gb and it costs us $40 a month. So basically we have 200gb of hotspot a month. I have seen on Ebay that there are vendors that offer the 8800L and a truly unlimited data plan but, no sure if that is BS or not. https://www.ebay.com/itm/27538695459...Bk9SR9bsufv9YA I just ran this speed test
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	st.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	156.4 KB
ID:	280600  

Tags
power, winegard