Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-15-2011, 09:25 PM   #1

Work Desk for Windjammer 3065W

My wife and I love our Windjammer 3065w with one exception.
There is no desk. My DW is in school and wanted a private space to do her research and assignments. We were looking at collapsible desks but none seemed to fit the bill so I decided to make one for her. There is room in the bedroom between the dresser and door so after some thinking I cam up with this solution.
I ordered an extra dresser top in the same finish as or TT from FR along with the same brackets and support leg they use for the countertop extensions. I had to shorten the top down to 35" and spaced the mounting brackets for the desktop to match the ones on the kitchen cabinets so we would get dual use from it.
It does block the bedroom door when in use but the 3065W has another door in the bedroom for the bathroom. If the DW needs to exit the bedroom when it's up she just comes through the bath.
She has her workstation and I am a genius (in her eyes).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Desk1.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	25.5 KB
ID:	5307   Click image for larger version

Name:	Desk2.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	33.6 KB
ID:	5308  
Stevea1956 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 09:34 PM   #2

Location: Canandaigua,New York (The heart of the Finger Lakes)
Nice mod......we have the 3065 also. Guess what,the DW wants one now! Could you send a Private Msg.of who you contacted at FR. (and what parts you ordered from them). Thanks- Dave K. Very nice!! PS- DW wants to know why I didnt think of that, I told her I was a little slow.....as usual !!
BigRed is offline   Reply With Quote