Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-29-2016, 07:40 PM   #1

Would this type of outside stove work?

We had a pop-up for 6 years before purchasing our current TT. We had a 3-burner metal stove in the pop-up that would could use either inside or outside. I used it outside for all our cooking and loved it. Now that I want to cook outside with the TT, it seems that when looking for some type of camp stove, there are either ones that are too big and heavy for just my DH and myself, or there are ones that are small and use the small propane cylinders. Would it work to buy a pop-up stove and connect it to the same gas connection as we have for the outside grill?
Old 08-05-2016, 11:15 AM   #2

Probably yes. Most inside stoves are low pressure. And most - but not all - connections for outside grills are also low pressure, having gone through the regulator up at your propane tank. Most outside camp stoves and barbeques have their own built-in regulators, and therefore need a high pressure source.

An exception was my Coleman PUP, which had a piped high pressure connection to the rear of the camper that bypassed the regulator up at the tank.

If there are no propane connections up at the tank that bypass the regulator, then you have low pressure on your outside connection, and an indoor stove should work just fine.

Fred W
2014 Rockwood A122 A-frame
2008 Hyundai Entourage minivan
pgandw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2016, 04:16 PM   #3
Site Team

Since you'll technically be buying an inside (low pressure) stove, it would work fine to hook it to grill connection.
Old 08-18-2016, 08:49 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by zinger60 View Post
We had a pop-up for 6 years before purchasing our current TT. We had a 3-burner metal stove in the pop-up that would could use either inside or outside. I used it outside for all our cooking and loved it. Now that I want to cook outside with the TT, it seems that when looking for some type of camp stove, there are either ones that are too big and heavy for just my DH and myself, or there are ones that are small and use the small propane cylinders. Would it work to buy a pop-up stove and connect it to the same gas connection as we have for the outside grill?
I currently use a stove from in a pop-up and it works just fine. Already has the quick disconnect so no adapting necessary. Only down side in my case was that it sits pretty high when on the mounting rail so I just set it on a table.

Happy camping,

craig
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	camp092615.jpg
Views:	171
Size:	459.7 KB
ID:	117675