Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-07-2016, 12:54 PM   #1

XLR 375 Amp - How do I run camera cable to the hitch pin area?

Ok, so I'm trying to install a wired backup camera on my XLR 375 AMP, the wireless just wasn't reliable enough. I have the camera mounted on the rear of the toy hauler, and I can easily run the cable from the rear to the front area, but I'd really like to run it all the way to the hitch pin area (where the trailer wiring plug is) in order to keep it in the bed area of the truck when towing. This is the RearView Safety system with the quick disconnect coiled cable between the truck and the RV.

Can anyone give me any suggestions on how to run the cable from under the RV to the pin box area without running on the outside of the front? Trying to keep as much concealed as possible. I was thinking about trying to run through the flexible conduit the trailer wiring uses, but fish tape doesn't want to push through there. I can't really see any gaps from the generator or the propane compartment to the pin box, but maybe I'm missing something. Thanks for any help!

John
- Air Bags
2kcj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2016, 04:55 PM   #2

I had the same issue, could not snake the cable thru the front cap, so I ended up running it through my garage, out the front access door and into the hitch pin box. I used eternabond tape to cover the cable and attach it to the curved underside of the front cap. Not OEM, but worked for me...

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Renogy Solar Suitcase
Progressive Industries EMS
Sea Eagle 420 Tandem Inflatable Kayak
Jimsue is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cable, hitch, xlr