Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-09-2015, 01:23 PM   #1

All About Duct Tape

So, the first day I took possession of my TT, I tried to back her up onto my driveway to get her loaded up and learn about her. The driveway ended up being too much of an include and I scraped the bottom. Didn't think much of it and we went to our camp ground the next day.

Started using water and flushing and neighbors knock to inform me &$*@ was spewing all over the place. Not good. I knocked the piping lose from the gray and black tanks. Nasty! Needless to say, we didn't use any plumbing the next 2 days.

I bought supplies to fix her up but it ended up being broken instead of just loose. I try my best, but to no avail. So, I got it secure as I could and then put some playdoughesque putty around the cracks and put a wire mesh around it. I then wrapped the heck out of it with atleast 1/2" insulation of duct tape.
So far, issue resolved!
It got me to thinking, what are some of your stories with the miracles of duct tape? Is there anything duct tape can't fix?
Follow my blog: americanbluestreak.com
donhillphoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 03:32 PM   #2

If ya can't fix it…. Duc-it!!
Currently enjoying second childhood
Canonman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 03:57 PM   #3

I graduated from mere duct tape to Gorilla tape which is a brand name. 10 years ago I took a 16 foot boat to a small lake in Canada for two weeks of fishing. There is a one inch round hole in the transom of most fishing boats that pumps water from the lake into a fish holding tank onboard. During the trip the pump mounted on the transom broke off along with the plastic pipe that goes through the transom. Long story short, it opened up the one hole in the boat so that water gushed into the boat when first launched the first day of fishing.

I grabbed my Gorilla tape and taped the hole with a piece of tape both on the inside and outside of the transom. Mind you, that hole is close to the motor and my fishing buddies were skeptical the tape would hold in the turbulence caused below the water line when motoring the boat. Not only did the tape hold for two weeks submerged in water, but when I got home I had to use a putty scraper to get the tape off to replace the broken pump I never bothered to fix while up north.

2014 Shamrock 183
2014 RAM 1500 Bighorn Crew Cab, HEMI, 3.21 gears, 8 Spd, 4X4 TST TPMS
rsdata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 12:37 PM   #4

I'm a HUGE Gorilla tape fan myself.
I've used it to hold an awning on the side of the camper for a trip home after a sudden strong wind gust.

I've used it to re-attach an entire tent end on our last hybrid.

I've used it to patch a gash down the fiberglass side of the same hybrid.

I think the only thing I've never sued Duct / Gorilla tape for is duct-work in the house.

cdangel0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 03:18 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdangel0 View Post
I'm a HUGE Gorilla tape fan myself.
I've used it to hold an awning on the side of the camper for a trip home after a sudden strong wind gust.

I've used it to re-attach an entire tent end on our last hybrid.

I've used it to patch a gash down the fiberglass side of the same hybrid.

I think the only thing I've never sued Duct / Gorilla tape for is duct-work in the house.
Another Gorilla tape fan here also. I keep a roll in my toolbox, one in the trailer and another smaller 1" wide roll on my motorcycle.

Oddly enough, duct tape doesn't work well on actual duct work. the peel and stick foil tape is made for that purpose and works 100% better... go figure.
steveh326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 03:34 PM   #6
Boss Ox & Drovergirl

is it DUCT tape or DUCK tape?

DUCK is the name brand of the tape that was orginally made from cotton duck cloth durnig WWII.

World HQS for DUCK tape is in Vermillion, OH.

(more info than you wanted to know -- I know)
1992 Goldwing Aspencade
oxcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2015, 12:59 PM   #7
B47

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxcamper View Post
is it DUCT tape or DUCK tape?

DUCK is the name brand of the tape that was orginally made from cotton duck cloth durnig WWII.

World HQS for DUCK tape is in Vermillion, OH.

(more info than you wanted to know -- I know)
No matter how it's spelled,the master of uses of DUCT/DUCK tape is the Canadian comedian Red Green. He's occasionally on PBS.
B47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2015, 01:12 PM   #8

You can hold together a combine all harvest with duct tape.
Einstein wishes he would have come up with the invention.
Old 06-20-2015, 01:23 PM   #9
B47

Quote:
Originally Posted by B47 View Post
No matter how it's spelled,the master of uses of DUCT/DUCK tape is the Canadian comedian Red Green. He's occasionally on PBS.

B47 is offline   Reply With Quote