After watching the combination of the RV Life branding that Social Knowledge has been doing in the recent months, I reached out to Janet and Andy to find out what was up. I put on my Learn To RV hat as a sort of media presence and got a first glimpse into what's coming up.
Turns out, Social Knowledge hosts 32 different forums
on a variety of brands. There's a huge cost from a time and money perspective (both personnel and servers).
They also want to bolster their [http://rvtripwizard.com]RV
Trip Wizard[/url] property. It hasn't quite been the financial gain that they were hoping it would be; even with the recent (costly) redesign.
So, the plan is to consolidate all of their RVing forums to a single RV Trip Wizard forum. They said the benefits come in a couple of ways:
- Better post engagement - by consolidating the forums, there will be more people to respond to questions
- Start a trip from a conversation - being able to click on a campground name or date range, you'll be able to start a trip right into RV Trip Wizard
- No more silos - each RV manufacturer has many common components from Dometic fridge and A/C to Lippert frames and steps to Furrion ovens and microwaves
- More cross-brand thinking - picking up from the prior point, having owners of other brands will be useful for seeing things in a slightly different perspective
- Simplified administration - the complexity and number of servers will be reduced and the current 150 site team members will be reduced
You won't have to do anything different. Just sign into ForestRiverForums.com
like you normally do. Over the next couple of weeks, the list of forums will grow and then later the URL will redirect you to the final destination. Your email address and password will continue to work.