Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-23-2017, 11:51 AM   #1

Funny story for Thanksgiving

This is a true story that deserves telling for a laugh on this Thanksgiving. The people who are involved are friends of mine and for this story shall be named L and D to protect extreme finger pointing and out right gafawing at camp fires.

L was in his motor home and discovered he could not unlock the door from the inside.
He called D who lived in site about six down. D brought some tools down and passed them through the window to L and then stayed to try to help from the outside. L took the door lock apart which took around 10 minutes or so and as he stepped down from the now opened door D then looked at L and they both said almost in unison "why didn't you/I just go through the front door"? L's motor home at this time was a Forest River class C on a van frame.

He now has a Coachman Class A.

Everyone have a nice day and remember - Its darkest before it gets totally black.

Dave
Western Golf and Country Cart (custom body, EZ-GO frame)
Arguing with some people is like trying to smell the color 9
Volvodriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2017, 12:17 PM   #2

Hey I resemble L...
born in Texas.... live in Arkansas
Iwannacamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2017, 08:01 PM   #3

I was never so happy that our Georgetown had a driver's door than the day we were ready to pull out of a campground and the innards of the door crapped out with me behind the wheel and my wife on the outside. She had just finished the walk through on the toad while I finished up inside. We were able to do a very inconvenient ingress egress through the driver's seat until we were able to replace the luck mechanism.

I fully appreciate the embarrassment factor on a Class C. Good one.
coupevillefish is offline   Reply With Quote