RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×

Old 06-17-2020, 06:40 AM   #1

Lies your dealer told you.

I recently bought a used trailer from a dealer that I don't usually use. These are some of the things they tried to get past me.

I put this in the joke section because you cant make this up.

Please share your experiences.

I pointed out the date code was 2013... The salesman told me that some tire manufacturers are using letters now. you cant go by that. ( I got new tires thrown in when the sales manager found out)

Trailer has Dexter ez lube axles. I asked if they packed the bearings....I was told you never have to do that. Just squirt some grease in there a couple times a year and you will be fine.

Sales said that I have a 30 day bumper to bumper warranty from the first time I use it. Sounds fishy should be from the time I take delivery. Oh well. I call for service 31 days after I take delivery for something minor. Sorry you are past your 30 days. I told them what sales told me and I haven't used it yet. They said Sorry sir never heard of that.

On the walk through. I ask why dont this light work. Probably a burned out light bulb. We don't change those. You have to do it yourself.

Walk through guy...You have heated waste tanks. Me...thats awesome. Wlak through guy...You probably want to make sure thy work before you use them. Me thinking to myself...Um isn't that your job?

At that point I should have walked away.

But wait there's more.

Walk through guy didn't know how to open the awning. The old style manual type. He had to get a service guy.

I know how to do it but I let him get the service guy anyway. They were jerking me around acting like I was stupid so I That's what I did I just acted like it didn't know anything. Walk through guy was moron.
Old 06-17-2020, 06:43 AM   #2

All of them

JoePa77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2020, 06:48 AM   #3

Your truck will tow anything we have. RV dealer years ago. (Not my current dealers)

Car dealer (Ford) salesman ..... that van will tow 3500 pounds. Neglected to say if it had the tow package which it did not.

2005 Dodge 3500 Cummins
2017 Wildwood Lodge 4092 BFL
1966 Mustang GT
1986 Mustang SVO
Lillie Spoiled Rotten Boxer Mix
Oaklevel is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dealer