Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-18-2020, 10:30 PM   #2061
NXR

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmtire View Post
I know that episode. I watch a lot of married with children.
That's why I love my Tecma toilet. When I push the "flush" button it sounds just like a Ferguson.

Ray
Old 08-19-2020, 09:44 AM   #2062
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by nxr View Post
that's why i love my tecma toilet. When i push the "flush" button it sounds just like a ferguson.

Ray
ba-whoosh!

Iwritecode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2020, 09:56 AM   #2063
Site Team

Had another person come in for a job interview. He is supposed to be here at 8 AM. Shows up at 9:29. Says his car broke down, and he walked in.

During the interview, I ask if he's been arrested. The answer was yes, and for armed robbery.

I'm just going thru the motions now, as I'm not going to hire them. Ask him about children and does he have any outstanding child support enforcement actions. He said no, but also said he is going thru a divorce currently where two children are involved. Said he is living with his dad. He then adds he has two other children from another woman. So that's four kids total.

I tell him I will call him later after I make a final decision. As he walked off, I went outside shortly thereafter to watch him and which direction he went. I watch him go a few businesses down and get in a parked vehicle and drive away.

If you aren't laughing now, then here is the punchline. He's only 21

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
wmtire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2020, 10:08 AM   #2064

Quote:
Had another person come in for a job interview. He is supposed to be here at 8 AM. Shows up at 9:29. Says his car broke down, and he walked in.

During the interview, I ask if he's been arrested. The answer was yes, and for armed robbery.

I'm just going thru the motions now, as I'm not going to hire them. Ask him about children and does he have any outstanding child support enforcement actions. He said no, but also said he is going thru a divorce currently where two children are involved. Said he is living with his dad. He then adds he has two other children from another woman. So that's four kids total.

I tell him I will call him later after I make a final decision. As he walked off, I went outside shortly thereafter to watch him and which direction he went. I watch him go a few businesses down and get in a parked vehicle and drive away.

Nothing like getting an early start. Wonder if those kids will grow up just like dad?

Employees that owe child support and are having the state collect it from paychecks are a PITA. I did payroll for my Son when he first stated his business.

Payday I not only had paychecks for the employees, I had one for the State too. Nothing like doubling your workload for payroll and not getting anything back to offset the costs.

"You only grow old when you run out of new things to do"

2018 Flagstaff Micro Lite 25BDS
2023 f-150 SCREW XLT 3.5 Ecoboost (The result of a $68,000 oil change)
TitanMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2020, 10:13 AM   #2065
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanMike View Post
Nothing like getting an early start. Wonder if those kids will grow up just like dad?

Employees that owe child support and are having the state collect it from paychecks are a PITA. I did payroll for my Son when he first stated his business.

Payday I not only had paychecks for the employees, I had one for the State too. Nothing like doubling your workload for payroll and not getting anything back to offset the costs.
You are preaching to the choir. That is why I ask those support enforcement questions. My experience has been that those who have support enforcement after them, don't stay long. They usually quit and move somewhere else as soon as you have to start deducting from their paychecks.

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
Old 08-19-2020, 10:14 AM   #2066

Quote:
The sad thing is, and this guy already proved it, is they breed.
Jfkmk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2020, 12:53 PM   #2067

Quote:

A former supervisor was something like 22 when I met him (before he became my supervisor.) He had 6 kids by 3 baby mamas and had informal support payments going to each until one got jealous of the other 2 and took him to court. He ended up with over 50% of his paycheck going to them, another 15% for taxes. He quickly got a second job just to pay for his expenses, but it took a boatload of paperwork for that job, and the one that followed it to not have more child support taken out. Then when the oldest child turned 18 and he didn't have to pay for her another of the mamas tried to get more out of him since he wasn't paying for baby #1 any more. Fortunately, for him, the courts told her it didn't work that way. Along the way he had to kick in something like $10,000 for his share of daughter # 2's Quinceañera... that mama married rich and still insisted he pay, then the stepdad walked her into her party.

Happiness is just a ride away!
Sharon455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2020, 10:14 AM   #2068

Angry

Quote:
As a Labor & Delivery RN, I can tell a lot of crazy stories such as this. It's unbelievably disheartening and maddening to witness number of deadbeat parents, maternal or paternal, our country produces.

Some of my favorites are when "dad" gets arrested in the hospital. I use quotes because often neither knows who the lucky guy is.) Our local officers are kind enough to do it outside of the patient room.

Don't get me started.
2006 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer 4 x 4
2018 Ford F-150 Crew Cab 4 x 4
LizzyRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2020, 10:24 AM   #2069
Site Team

1. That tire did not come from me as it's a Walmart only brand, no matter what you keep saying.

2. You're not finding a receipt from me because of #1 above.

3. I didn't sell you a faulty tire, because of #1 and #2 above as well as you ran it down thru the wire since your vehicle is out of alignment no matter where you purchased it from.

4. Yes, I do know that Walmarts tire dept is closed, and I do not price match them

5. No, this is not the tire we repaired for you awhile back, as our chalk marks are still on that tire.

6. This is the price, take it or leave it

Based on all my responses above, I bet you can guess the customers remarks.Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200820_095556.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	53.5 KB
ID:	237027

Old 08-20-2020, 10:32 AM   #2070
Site Team

Just reverse mount it on the rim and she can drive on the other side for a few more mile.

2015 Freedom Express 248RBS
TV 2015 Silverado HD2500 Duramax
TST Tire Monitors
Honda 2000I + Companion
2 100W solar panels
Flybob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2020, 10:35 AM   #2071

Quote:
1. That tire did not come from me as it's a Walmart only brand, no matter what you keep saying.

2. You're not finding a receipt from me because of #1 above.

3. I didn't sell you a faulty tire, because of #1 and #2 above as well as you ran it down thru the wire since your vehicle is out of alignment no matter where you purchased it from.

4. Yes, I do know that Walmarts tire dept is closed, and I do not price match them

5. No, this is not the tire we repaired for you awhile back, as our chalk marks are still on that tire.

6. This is the price, take it or leave it

Based on all my responses above, I bet you can guess the customers remarks.Attachment 237027

Can any of them be repeated here?

As for alignment being "out". From the wear showing way out in the sidewall I don't think the term "alignment" applies at all.

You certainly have some "unique" customers. Certainly not boring there at all.

BTW, when I got back from a week in the boondocks Monday I filled up my propane tanks across from our main tire company's local store. As I was pulling out I saw a customer lugging a chair from their waiting room outside. First thought was of you and the customers that relocated a pair of chairs outside.

Old 08-20-2020, 10:38 AM   #2072
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flybob View Post
Just reverse mount it on the rim and she can drive on the other side for a few more mile.
Not a she.

Old 08-20-2020, 10:39 AM   #2073

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flybob View Post
As bad as the alignment is the suspension may fail before the other side even starts to wear.

Old 08-20-2020, 10:39 AM   #2074
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanMike View Post
Can any of them be repeated here?

As for alignment being "out". From the wear showing way out in the sidewall I don't think the term "alignment" applies at all.

You certainly have some "unique" customers. Certainly not boring there at all.

BTW, when I got back from a week in the boondocks Monday I filled up my propane tanks across from our main tire company's local store. As I was pulling out I saw a customer lugging a chair from their waiting room outside. First thought was of you and the customers that relocated a pair of chairs outside.
So I'm not the only one that happens to. Lol

I wonder who had to take the chair back inside

Old 08-20-2020, 10:54 AM   #2075
Mopar Guy

Quote:

do you really question that? lol I suspect you know...

I am more surprised the customers didn't demand you bring the chairs out for them.
Cost4133 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2020, 11:01 AM   #2076

Quote:

In this case the person was an older gentleman. My guess he is from the generation that puts things back when they use them

Old 08-20-2020, 11:13 AM   #2077
Site Team

Had a customer just leave here that I thought would know better. I've known him since I was a kid. He is a great mechanic.

He pulled in here with his older dually truck that had a tire mounted on the right outside dual that the tread had peeled off. Messed up his body.

I told him I didn't have a tire in stock as I sold my last one his size yesterday. Told him I could get him one in for tomorrow, but he needed it today. Said he was going to Goodyear and see if they had one.

It was his parting words that got me. Said he had a flat and had put his spare on the other day and it was the spare that peeled. He then added he had carried that spare around for over twenty years and it did that to him.

I was laughing and said that was your problem, the tire was over twenty years old. He then said even so, it had never been used and was a brand new tire. I just shook my head and realized this was a lost cause conversation.

Old 08-20-2020, 02:25 PM   #2078

Just ask the mechanic if he would use a 20 year old radiator hose he found laying around in his shop after the existing one burst.

If he says, "yes, of course I would" you know where not to get your mechanical work done.
pgandw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2020, 02:43 PM   #2079

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgandw View Post
Just ask the mechanic if he would use a 20 year old radiator hose he found laying around in his shop after the existing one burst.

If he says, "yes, of course I would" you know where not to get your mechanical work done.
What if he said no and he'd get a "New" one at the auto parts store then ended up coming back with one that sat on the shelf for 20 years?

Old 08-22-2020, 12:25 AM   #2080

Quote:
Had a customer just leave here that I thought would know better. I've known him since I was a kid. He is a great mechanic.

He pulled in here with his older dually truck that had a tire mounted on the right outside dual that the tread had peeled off. Messed up his body.

I told him I didn't have a tire in stock as I sold my last one his size yesterday. Told him I could get him one in for tomorrow, but he needed it today. Said he was going to Goodyear and see if they had one.

It was his parting words that got me. Said he had a flat and had put his spare on the other day and it was the spare that peeled. He then added he had carried that spare around for over twenty years and it did that to him.

I was laughing and said that was your problem, the tire was over twenty years old. He then said even so, it had never been used and was a brand new tire. I just shook my head and realized this was a lost cause conversation.
Are you saying the spare tire on my 1990 Ranger is bad? I have not removed it since I bought the Ranger.
Solar Power & Battle Born batteries
rk06382 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tire

« cute joke(s) | - »