Old 09-19-2020, 10:32 AM   #2221

Bobby ? we all have our limits and it happens to the best of us. Ya feel bad, but DON'T let it bother you like that. I think G_d put people like on the earth, just so we could have something of zero significance to VENT AT. I've learned not to fret over losing my cool to someone like that and sometimes....it does feel good to let go once in a while.
TheWolfPaq82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2020, 10:40 AM   #2222

So this guy had a flat, put the spare on, and just left the old wheel and tire along the road for someone else to clean up?
Old 09-19-2020, 11:03 AM   #2223
Director, FROG

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmtire View Post
Just had another one of those unfortunate souls who thought when you bought a tire, the wheel came with it.

He said the aluminum rim and blowed out tire were on the side of the interstate about 30 miles from here.

Thing is, This guy had to be at least 30 years old. You'd thought he would have bought tires somewhere in life
Think about it, Bobby. He's both stupid enough AND inconsiderate enough to just drive off and leave a tire and wheel dumped on the side of the highway, and yet he's going to be smart enough to know that when you buy a tire you get -- a tire?

You're more optimistic than I am.

Bob Byrne
Director, Forest River Owners' Group (FROG)
frog@forestriverinc.com
www.forestriverfrog.com
F.R.O.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2020, 11:04 AM   #2224

Quote:
Just had another one of those unfortunate souls who thought when you bought a tire, the wheel came with it.

He said the aluminum rim and blowed out tire were on the side of the interstate about 30 miles from here.

Thing is, This guy had to be at least 30 years old. You'd thought he would have bought tires somewhere in life
In this day and age it's frequently the parents that do things like that for their kids until they finally sell the house and the kids have to go out and fend for themselves

Why do you think so many people are buying RV's and going full time. RV's that don't have a spare room or basement.

"You only grow old when you run out of new things to do"

2018 Flagstaff Micro Lite 25BDS
2004 Nissan Titan
TitanMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2020, 02:38 PM   #2225

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanMike View Post
Beware. She could be single and may be your next ex-wife.

THAT'S funny right there, I don't care who you are!
rracer5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2020, 02:58 PM   #2226
NXR

Quote:
When we bought our first house we ordered a new bedroom set. When it arrived there was no frame and no mattress!

I called the store and the salesperson explained that when you bought an entire bedroom set you did not get a frame, box springs or mattress! Who knew? They grudgingly threw in the frame after I complained that they sold us an entire bedroom set but the mattress and box spring really broke our budget.

Ray
Old 09-19-2020, 03:46 PM   #2227
Site Team

Had a lady come in near closing time today, asking us to check her tire pressures as her low tire light was on. When we gauged them, none were low, and two were high.... with one of those being over 60 psi (door tag called for 35 psi). As some TPMS systems do trip on high pressure as well as low pressure, we corrected them and her light went off.

She explained that she had just bought that tire Friday evening after work, and they put that amount of air in it. I casually asked where she got the tire from, and she said it was the same business as I mentioned in post #2181 earlier in this thread about the guy hammering the tire plug in.

I'm trying to keep up with the Joneses, but every time I catch up, they refinance.
wmtire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2020, 04:19 PM   #2228
NXR

Quote:
... with one of those being over 60 psi (door tag called for 35 psi).

I casually asked where she got the tire from, and she said it was the same business as I mentioned in post #2181 earlier in this thread about the guy hammering the tire plug in.
Maybe they thought it was supposed to be inches of mercury and not pounds per square inch. That's an easy mistake to make.

Ray
Old 09-19-2020, 10:04 PM   #2229

More and more houses with 2 masters and 2 living areas.

It really makes sense IF ONE could get along with the group to have a group home. Maybe 8 to 10 people. One mortgage. One set of utilities etc. Fun times outside with group. Hello. Extra yard help.
Problem is people get on peoples nerves.
born in Texas.... live in Arkansas
Iwannacamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2020, 07:36 AM   #2230

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwannacamp View Post

It really makes sense IF ONE could get along with the group to have a group home. Maybe 8 to 10 people. One mortgage. One set of utilities etc. Fun times outside with group. Hello. Extra yard help.

IF people could get along like that, there never would have been any wars!
Dakota 1120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2020, 10:47 AM   #2231

Quote:

Maybe there are more Sister Wives than we are aware of. Now, you start seeing homes with 3 master suites It starts to take away all doubt.
Sharon455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2020, 10:56 AM   #2232

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharon455 View Post
Maybe there are more Sister Wives than we are aware of. Now, you start seeing homes with 3 master suites It starts to take away all doubt.
In almost every new home built in my area, every bedroom has an en suite bathroom. Itís not uncommon now to see homes with more full baths than there are bedrooms.

Bruce
Old 09-20-2020, 11:38 AM   #2233

IF you had ever visited the Biltmore House, opened in 1900, the house has a bath with every bedroom except for the servant quarters. Each bath had hot/cold running water and the water temp could be adjusted with a built in thermometer in the water line.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biltmore_Estate

;-o
Dakota 1120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2020, 12:05 PM   #2234

Quote:

We have a few houses like that around where I live. I ran across one that had 5 separate, non-related, families living in one house. Most were recent immigrants from South of the border. Usually pretty low profile with few parties but they usually have more cars than will fit in the driveway so they park on the lawn.

"You only grow old when you run out of new things to do"

2018 Flagstaff Micro Lite 25BDS
2004 Nissan Titan
TitanMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2020, 03:20 PM   #2235
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by chroniekon View Post
So this guy had a flat, put the spare on, and just left the old wheel and tire along the road for someone else to clean up?
Quote:
Originally Posted by F.R.O.G. View Post
Think about it, Bobby. He's both stupid enough AND inconsiderate enough to just drive off and leave a tire and wheel dumped on the side of the highway, and yet he's going to be smart enough to know that when you buy a tire you get -- a tire?

You're more optimistic than I am.

Oh, that happens a lot and I have talked about it before. The full size tire and wheel is a lot heavier than a tempo-spare and some people don't feel like like wrestling with it to put it back in a trunk or pickup bed.

A blowed out tire or one run until the tread is peeling also gets left behind a lot as people don't know how to pick it up without getting cut/scratched/hurt. Wearing shorts or dresses can also factor in as being able to pick up the tire. Sometimes there are some physical limitations at play in these cases. My daughter can change the flat tire on her car, but wouldn't necessarily be able to pick up a full size tire and rim to put it back in the trunk without maybe hurting herself. You do have to consider the person and what they are being asked to do when passing judgement. Not everyone is strong, traveling with companions, have roadside assistance, dressed appropriately, etc.

I'm trying to keep up with the Joneses, but every time I catch up, they refinance.
Old 09-20-2020, 03:48 PM   #2236

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanMike View Post
We have a few houses like that around where I live. I ran across one that had 5 separate, non-related, families living in one house. Most were recent immigrants from South of the border. Usually pretty low profile with few parties but they usually have more cars than will fit in the driveway so they park on the lawn.

Lol. I wasnít thinking about parking....assuming a garage... it would have to be larger than the house. We always have 3 or more cars and the RV... plus trailers and whatnot. Hmmm. Gonna need ďbank parkingĒ.
born in Texas.... live in Arkansas
Iwannacamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2020, 04:17 PM   #2237
PhD, Common Sense

The tire/wheel on the roadside is still the responsibility to the person who put it there, his or her capabilities notwithstanding. If necessary, that person should get a friend or family member to help or pay someone to get the tire off the roadway.

JMO. And likely the law.
eye95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2020, 09:16 AM   #2238
Site Team

This customer came in with a leaking tire they wanted fixed this morning. The rim is cracked and the tire gouged where they hit something. Someone has even tried to put silicone on the tire.

When I showed it all to the customer, he blamed it on the spouse, like we are going to believe she did that instead of him.Click image for larger version

Name:	20200921_083154_HDR.jpeg
Views:	105
Size:	44.4 KB
ID:	239647

Old 09-21-2020, 09:37 AM   #2239
RV There Yet?

Quote:
This customer came in with a leaking tire they wanted fixed this morning. The rim is cracked and the tire gouged where they hit something. Someone has even tried to put silicone on the tire.

When I showed it all to the customer, he blamed it on the spouse, like we are going to believe she did that instead of him.Attachment 239647
just curious how much tread is left on that tire. it looks like its down into the wear bars. I would assume that you would decline to repair a tire that is that worn.
Old 09-21-2020, 09:44 AM   #2240
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by IsleDog View Post
just curious how much tread is left on that tire. it looks like its down into the wear bars. I would assume that you would decline to repair a tire that is that worn.
Not at all. Tire has decent tread left. The truck is still here so I went a took a pic of tread. The customer supposedly went to find a rim. However that is a moot point as to tread depth as the tire is gouged down to the cords on the sidewall. The customer tried to silicone the flap of sidewall back. The tire has to be replaced cause of the gouge..Click image for larger version

Name:	20200921_093922_HDR.jpeg
Views:	99
Size:	75.2 KB
ID:	239649

Tags
tire

« Finance Humor | - »