RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-23-2020, 11:39 AM   #2261
Site Team
 
Mr. Dan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Grayson County, Texas
Posts: 15,120
The lines 'Her reply was "from her house." Well that's about a worthless piece of information to me so I ask her how far away was that.' remind me of RV owners wanting help with a problem and only posting "It's a 2011 27 footer."
__________________
SEARCH is your friend!
FR Wildcat 295RSX / GMC Sierra

Nights Camped: '13 = 49/'14 = 74/'15 = 74/'16 = 85/'17 = 110/'18 = 111/'19 = 86/'20 = 108; booked = 0
Mr. Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2020, 11:42 AM   #2262
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 750
I have to admit i am a big fan of fried pickles. not sure about the rest though!
__________________
2019 Coachmen Freedom Express 192RBS
2018 F 150 Supercrew 6.5 bed 3.5 EB Max Tow
Jfkmk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2020, 11:52 AM   #2263
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 596
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jfkmk View Post
I have to admit i am a big fan of fried pickles. not sure about the rest though!


You can get monkey balls and donkey balls in Hawaii
Chocolate covered macadamia nuts
myxkp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2020, 12:01 PM   #2264
Senior Member
 
5er_tom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Durham, NC
Posts: 2,293
Sorta like mountain oysters.
__________________
Tom & Renťe
Durham, NC

2015 Wildcat 295RSX
2018 Ford F-350, 4x4, Diesel, CC, Long Bed
5er_tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2020, 12:12 PM   #2265
Site Team
 
wmtire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Northeast Louisiana
Posts: 24,672
Don't know about this place as it sounds like they have growing pains. Called in an order, they answered the phone with a hello only. Had to ask if this was them. Not a good first impression.

Their fryer is not working till next week according to her. No tea at all. That's enough right there to stop my biz. Lol
__________________
2011 Flagstaff 831 RLBSS

I wonder what went off in Thomas Edison's head before he invented the light bulb.
wmtire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2020, 01:11 PM   #2266
Site Team
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Northen IL
Posts: 5,173
Quote:
Originally Posted by wmtire View Post
A new restaurant dropped off a menu awhile ago. Got to love the Deep South where we will fry everything. Pickles, oreos, twinkies, ding dongs, snickers, etcAttachment 239806
They've had all of those things at county fairs for many years.

You really don't have to go that far south to be "in the south".
Iwritecode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2020, 02:08 PM   #2267
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 5,357
Quote:
Originally Posted by wmtire View Post
A new restaurant dropped off a menu awhile ago. Got to love the Deep South where we will fry everything. Pickles, oreos, twinkies, ding dongs, snickers, etcAttachment 239806
LMAO !! I'll take the Alligator for $200 Alex.

"Mountain Oysters...the Original Sack Lunch."
TheWolfPaq82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2020, 02:09 PM   #2268
Site Team
 
wmtire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Northeast Louisiana
Posts: 24,672
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
They've had all of those things at county fairs for many years.

You really don't have to go that far south to be "in the south".
What are these "county" things ya keep talking about.
__________________
2011 Flagstaff 831 RLBSS

I wonder what went off in Thomas Edison's head before he invented the light bulb.
wmtire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2020, 02:41 PM   #2269
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 750
Quote:
Originally Posted by wmtire View Post
What are these "county" things ya keep talking about.
The things that 48 states have!
Jfkmk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2020, 03:01 PM   #2270
Senior Member
 
Iwannacamp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 7,849
[QUOTE=myxkp;2419612]You can get monkey balls and donkey balls in Hawaii
Chocolate covered macadamia nuts[/QUOTE

There is a restaurant here that serves ..... Turkey fries
I have tried them.... Just give me something else... clams, stuffed jalapenos, oysters.. anything
__________________
2017 Puma 297RLSS
2005 Ram 2500 4X4 diesel SMOKER!!
I love puns, irony and tasteless jokes...
born in Texas.... live in Arkansas
Iwannacamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2020, 03:37 PM   #2271
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2019
Posts: 507
Quote:
Originally Posted by myxkp View Post
You can get monkey balls and donkey balls in Hawaii
Chocolate covered macadamia nuts
And worth the drive down to Captain Cook to get the original! I still have some saved from our last visit - almost a year ago!
__________________
-Qwkynuf

2003 F150 Supercab 4x4, tow pkg, 3.55 gears
2020 Flagstaff Micro Lite 21DS
Qwkynuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2020, 03:59 PM   #2272
Site Team
 
KyDan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Louisville, KY
Posts: 9,193
Speaking of deep fried.... I saw a "news" story one time where they had deep fried butter at a state fair. No joke.
I've often kidded by saying if you use good batter you could deep fry card board and it wouldn't be bad.
__________________
Peace!
Dan & Rita D
2017 Nissan Titan 5.6L King cab 4wd
1999 Suzuki Intruder Motorcycle
Blue Ox WD hitch

Camping days 2010-53, 2011-47, 2012-41, 2013-41, 2014-31, 2015-40, 2016-44, 2017-63, 2018-75, 2019-32, 2020-41
KyDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2020, 09:06 PM   #2273
Enjoying Life
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Texas
Posts: 606
Quote:
Originally Posted by KyDan View Post
Speaking of deep fried.... I saw a "news" story one time where they had deep fried butter at a state fair. No joke.
I've often kidded by saying if you use good batter you could deep fry card board and it wouldn't be bad.

That would be from the Texas State Fair. Every year(except not this one..closed because of COVID) they have a contest to see who can come up with new deep fried items
It creates some very interesting concoctions. Deep fried Oreos anyone?
__________________
2019 Rockwood 2608BSD 2019 F250 4x4 6.2
ďLife should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!Ē - Hunter S. Thompson, The Proud Highway: Saga of a Desperate Southern Gentleman, 1955-1967
TeachTexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2020, 10:07 PM   #2274
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: North of Seattle, WA
Posts: 9,778
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeachTexas View Post
That would be from the Texas State Fair. Every year(except not this one..closed because of COVID) they have a contest to see who can come up with new deep fried items
It creates some very interesting concoctions. Deep fried Oreos anyone?
Only if the Oreos are "Double Stuffed". Yum.
__________________
"A wise man can change his mind. A fool never will."

"You only grow old when you run out of new things to do"

2018 Flagstaff Micro Lite 25BDS
2004 Nissan Titan
TitanMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2020, 10:24 PM   #2275
Site Team
 
wmtire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Northeast Louisiana
Posts: 24,672
Ya may get a chuckle from this story, but I was kind of irritated with the attitude and waste of time.

Had a guy pull up after closing time today, and I was actually walking out to leave and get to another appointment I had to see about my truck.

This person had a leaking tire they wanted fixed and I stated we were already closed and I didn't have the time to get to it, but could do it in the morning. He said he was leaving town and then asked If I would sell him a tire. I could do that in about five minutes time and told him I would, so I opened back up and told him to quickly pull his truck in. I was in a mad rush, and flipped the air compressor back on.

As I have learned over the years of being burned, always get the money upfront on late arrivals like this, as many times there is a problem and the banks are closed, etc. Some people even try to use that to their advantage.

So as I go to collect the money first for the new tire, he then tells me to just go ahead and fix the tire, SINCE I already had it pulled in and was staying. I tell him again I don't have the time for a flat repair, but will get to it in the morning. He refuses and again reiterates to just go ahead and fix it now. This peeved me, and I now know he was never intending on buying a tire, but just trying to trick me.

I then ask him was he sure he wanted to pay $175 for a flat repair when the new tire was only $100. He explodes and says what do you mean $175 for a repair. I tell him that is what I am going to charge for it since he is making me miss an appointment and I have to take all the extra time to fix it vs just replacing it. He tells me he will go somewhere else and I agreed.
__________________
2011 Flagstaff 831 RLBSS

I wonder what went off in Thomas Edison's head before he invented the light bulb.
wmtire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2020, 10:20 AM   #2276
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jfkmk View Post
Yowza! You should never lie to your mom!
That reminds me- there was a children's show on tv out of Cleveland (many years ago) that featured Captain Penny. He always closed his show with:

You can fool some of the people all of the time, all of the people some of the time, but you canít fool Mom.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Captain_Penny
__________________
K_and_I
K= DW and I
2017 Ford F250
2011 Rockwood 2604
K_and_I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2020, 01:26 PM   #2277
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 596
Quote:
Originally Posted by wmtire View Post
Ya may get a chuckle from this story, but I was kind of irritated with the attitude and waste of time.

Had a guy pull up after closing time today, and I was actually walking out to leave and get to another appointment I had to see about my truck.

This person had a leaking tire they wanted fixed and I stated we were already closed and I didn't have the time to get to it, but could do it in the morning. He said he was leaving town and then asked If I would sell him a tire. I could do that in about five minutes time and told him I would, so I opened back up and told him to quickly pull his truck in. I was in a mad rush, and flipped the air compressor back on.

As I have learned over the years of being burned, always get the money upfront on late arrivals like this, as many times there is a problem and the banks are closed, etc. Some people even try to use that to their advantage.

So as I go to collect the money first for the new tire, he then tells me to just go ahead and fix the tire, SINCE I already had it pulled in and was staying. I tell him again I don't have the time for a flat repair, but will get to it in the morning. He refuses and again reiterates to just go ahead and fix it now. This peeved me, and I now know he was never intending on buying a tire, but just trying to trick me.

I then ask him was he sure he wanted to pay $175 for a flat repair when the new tire was only $100. He explodes and says what do you mean $175 for a repair. I tell him that is what I am going to charge for it since he is making me miss an appointment and I have to take all the extra time to fix it vs just replacing it. He tells me he will go somewhere else and I agreed.


I have to agree with you; felt some irritation just reading about his shenanigans
I had customers argue the price after fixing their a/c unit. So I learned to calmly reply that I canít undo my labor but tell me which part you donít want and Iíll take it off.
myxkp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2020, 11:27 PM   #2278
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2019
Location: Mesa, AZ
Posts: 142
Because I'm not as nice as some others, I would've put a floor jack under the vehicle, backed it out, put it on a cinder block or something, lowered it down, rolled the jack back in, locked up the shop, taken a picture of his license plate and gone to the appointment.

I've locked cars in the body shop on a few occasions when I was told "I'll bring my deductible in the morning".

I've had so many jerks try to scam me that I had a banner made that said "In God we trust - all others must pay cash."

And, by the way - you weren't mocking deep fried pickles were you?
__________________
2012 Ram Laramie 2500 4x4 CC SB Cummins
2016 Flagstaff 8528RKWS
Patrick (order taker), Barbara (order giver) & Jasper (Dutch Shepherd) and now Jade (Boxer/Lab/Pointer hybrid) aka PB&JJ
PatrickY is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2020, 03:00 AM   #2279
Site Team
 
wmtire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Northeast Louisiana
Posts: 24,672
Had a man call up on the phone yesterday asking if we had a tire in stock, which we did. He then says his son will be up there in a few minutes.

When his son arrived, he had the wheel only on the back of a motorcycle, attached with bungee cords to a very small L shaped rack behind the seat. I asked him how he was going to carry it back once I mounted a tire on it, and he said he would figure it out. I thought to myself this is going to be interesting.

I mounted the tire and returned it to him, and he paid the bill. I went to the next customer. Every time I would glance at him, he was trying to position the tire/wheel in a different way. This went on for about thirty minutes. I did ask him if he knew anybody with a truck, that could get the tire for him. He said the only one was his dad, and that's whose tire he was hauling on his motorbike.

I never did get to see the final solution as I was mounting a pair of tires on the front of a SUV when I heard him drive off, but it had to be quite the sight to see. I guess this is one of those "where there's a will, there's a way" type things
__________________
2011 Flagstaff 831 RLBSS

I wonder what went off in Thomas Edison's head before he invented the light bulb.
wmtire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2020, 05:28 AM   #2280
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 750
Maybe he strapped it to his back? It would definitely be a sight to see!
__________________
2019 Coachmen Freedom Express 192RBS
2018 F 150 Supercrew 6.5 bed 3.5 EB Max Tow
Jfkmk is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
tire

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Forest River, Inc. or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:10 AM.