Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-15-2021, 06:59 PM   #2781

Quote:
Originally Posted by dedobias View Post
A stewardess tried unsuccessfully to get a blond to move to coach where her ticket was. Frustrated she asked the captain for help. He came back and talked to her for moment and she got up and moved back to coach. The Stewardess asked the Captain what he said to her. HE said "I asked where she was going and she said Cleveland of course! Then I told her first class wasn't going to Cleveland only Coach was and she moved!"
Old 01-15-2021, 07:00 PM   #2782

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmtire View Post
Unfortunately, when a customer blows up, they sometimes make it where they won't ever come back due to the embarrassment if they are wrong. That's why it's a no win situation even if you are right.

I have a doozy of a story to type up but will need to be on a computer and not my phone.

I knew it was a lamb (me) being led to slaughter, but I still got involved.
Well, now you have me waiting for that email from FRF!
Old 01-16-2021, 08:50 AM   #2783
Site Team

OK, I have to tell the backstory here, to get the full effect. I have a customer who several years ago brought in basically a wheel with just two beads left on it from a trailer tire he had run flat for who knows how long. He wanted it adjusted, but I told him there was no way I could do that since there was no way to determine the failure as he had ran on it so long. He told me I was going to adjust the tire or he would never do business with me again. He then tipped his hand and said he had a trailer with 20000 pounds of mulch (or maybe sod) sitting on the side of the interstate and he had to get the tire back on.

I told him there was his problem, as he was way overloading the tires and trailer axles, which were maxed out at 12000 pounds. He then realized he had let his mouth overload everything and left.

Over the next few years, he would occasionally come in, wanting tires repaired, but I would always put him at the back of the line cause he was demanding he be put in front of other customers. He would never wait his turn and always leaves. I think I may have already talked about this customer before.

Anyhoo, he set me up and dang if I didn't fall for it. The other day he brings in a flat trailer tire in the back of his truck he wanted repaired, as well as a tire on his truck he wanted us to turn around as the white letters were showing and his other 3 on the truck had the black side facing out.

When I walked out, I saw my employee adding more air to the tire we swapped around and asked him what he was doing. He said the customer said he wanted 60 psi in the tire. I stopped him and said that tire was only rated for 44 psi and to only put that in it as 60psi would ruin the tires.

We did this, and he even tipped my employee $5 for the good service as he put it. My guy was bragging on the customer and the tip but I told him I always had problems with this customer. It was foreshadowing.

The next day, this customer comes back and says we didn't fix the tire he told us to, He still had the trailer tire in the back of his truck and we pointed out, it was still there. He then starts yammering he wanted the tire on the back of his truck fixed, which we then pointed out, he told us to only flip it around and said nothing about repairing it. He then changes his story and says it was the other rear tire he wanted repaired. I told him he made no mention of a third tire when he was there. He start arguing with me. I told my guy to pull it off, and here is where it really started.

The tire that we had not touched the previous day was separated. When we pointed this out to him, he starts trying to say we did it. I told him we didn't even touch that tire, and then told him that he was probably doing it by putting too much air pressure in the tires. He then starts trying to accuse us of the over pressure, when I tell him he told my guy to put 60 psi in the tires which I stopped, unbeknownst to the customer. I gauged the tire we flipped around the day before and it had 44 psi in it.

He then starts in on that we owed him tires, and I could see where this whole scheme was going. I told him that we owed him nothing and he needed to go back to where he bought the tires from...and then added to make sure to tell them that he was over inflating the tires and ruining them. He tried to say he bought them from me, when I reminded him that he hasn't bought tires from me for years, every since that trailer tire incident.

He tells me that he'll definitely not make the mistake of buying tires from me again. Now for the humor, he asked my guy for the $5 tip back from the previous day. I pulled it from my own pocket and handed it back to him. It was worth it to be rid of him. So basically I paid him to leave.

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
wmtire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2021, 08:57 AM   #2784

I shook my head in amazement through the entire story, but you really brought it home with the tip!
Old 01-16-2021, 09:14 AM   #2785
Site Team

Your shop really needs to have its own TV show.

2015 Freedom Express 248RBS
TV 2015 Silverado HD2500 Duramax
TST Tire Monitors
Honda 2000I + Companion
2 100W solar panels
Flybob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2021, 09:18 AM   #2786

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flybob View Post
Your shop really needs to have its own TV show.
It already has the perfect show name.
Jfkmk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2021, 10:08 AM   #2787

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jfkmk View Post
We unplugged from cable years ago. If I ever here that Mondays at the Tire Shop is offered I might be tempted to plug back in. When I log in and see this thread in the recent discussion box it's always an immediate go-to.
Robbie D. Camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2021, 11:37 AM   #2788

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbie D. Camper View Post
We unplugged from cable years ago. If I ever here that Mondays at the Tire Shop is offered I might be tempted to plug back in. When I log in and see this thread in the recent discussion box it's always an immediate go-to.
X2 - Thanks for making our days better!
Dirt Sifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2021, 01:40 PM   #2789

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jfkmk View Post
The more people get to know about life in Tire Shops, they'll realize that just about every day is a "Monday". Just a different cast of characters coming in the door or calling on the phone.

"You only grow old when you run out of new things to do"

2018 Flagstaff Micro Lite 25BDS
2023 f-150 SCREW XLT 3.5 Ecoboost (The result of a $68,000 oil change)
TitanMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2021, 06:47 PM   #2790

Perhaps just about every business that deals with the public. My Son is a business owner here locally, and He has a lot of similar stories.
Old 01-16-2021, 10:51 PM   #2791

Quote:
Originally Posted by chroniekon View Post
Perhaps just about every business that deals with the public. My Son is a business owner here locally, and He has a lot of similar stories.
I知 a funeral director. I discovered that you might be a redneck if your grandmother wears a Si Robertson t-shirt to a funeral. (I知 not making this up!)Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8340.JPG
Views:	171
Size:	92.7 KB
ID:	246098
JWood422 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2021, 10:55 PM   #2792
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWood422 View Post
I知 a funeral director. I discovered that you might be a redneck if your grandmother wears a Si Robertson t-shirt to a funeral. (I知 not making this up!)Attachment 246098
I have a feeling this is a shot at me somehow since the Robertson's are from my town and Willie lives about 300 yards from me

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
Old 01-17-2021, 07:13 AM   #2793

Not a shot at you at all. Unless your grandmother has ever worn a Si Robertson t-shirt to a funeral. Then, well, you know.
Old 01-17-2021, 10:12 AM   #2794
Site Team

Quote:
Not a shot at you at all. Unless your grandmother has ever worn a Si Robertson t-shirt to a funeral. Then, well, you know.
Does visitation count?

Old 01-17-2021, 11:49 AM   #2795

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmtire View Post
Does visitation count?
Yes it does! You池e a winner!!!!!
Old 01-17-2021, 12:05 PM   #2796

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwood422 View Post
yes it does! You池e a winner!!!!!
😂😂
Dsimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2021, 01:32 PM   #2797

Quote:
I知 a funeral director. I discovered that you might be a redneck if your grandmother wears a Si Robertson t-shirt to a funeral. (I知 not making this up!)Attachment 246098

OMG. Waiting to see this worn to a funeral in a Stephanie Plum novel by her grandmother, hey she carries a 45 in her purse!
S.E. Mich. Flagstaff 26FKWS / 2022 F-150 3.5 EcoBoost SCrew Propride
SailorSam20500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2021, 04:27 PM   #2798
Site Team

Just had a customer with a faulty TPMS sensor. Can you spot one of the things wrong?Click image for larger version

Name:	20210118_152456_HDR.jpeg
Views:	150
Size:	44.7 KB
ID:	246221

Old 01-18-2021, 04:30 PM   #2799
Senior Member - Retired

I doubt 401 degrees is correct.
Blue Ox Aventa LX tow bar, base plates, diode kit
SMI Stay-IN-Play Duo auxiliary braking system
25' Off shore blue water fishing boat
CA Fisherman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2021, 04:30 PM   #2800

I would think 50 psi is a bit high, but the 401F would have me more concerned.

Tags
tire

« cute joke(s) | - »