Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-27-2021, 10:28 PM   #3461
Just as confused as you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
If only there were some indication on the screen as to what those numbers represent. Like some sort of 3-letter acronym or something...
There is, it's called Tire Pressure Percentage Safety Indicator.
Camping since 1989, Seasonal since 2000.
Car Shredder Op/Tech, Scrap Metal Recycling - retired
Scrapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2021, 02:01 AM   #3462

wmtire:

was this the lady with the tpms sensor issue?:

Jack, a handsome man, walked into a sports bar around 9:58 pm.
He sat down next to a pretty Blonde at the bar and they both stared up at the TV as the 10:00 news came on.
The news crew was covering a story of a man on a ledge of a large building preparing to jump.
The Blonde looked at Jack and said, "Do you think he'll jump?"
Jack says, "You know what, I bet he will."
The Blonde replied, "Well, I bet he won't."
Jack placed $30 on the bar and said, "You're on!"
Just as the Blonde placed her money on the bar, the guy did a swan dive off of the building, falling to his death.
The Blonde was very upset and handed her $30 to Jack, saying, "Fair's fair... Here's your money."
Jack replied, "I can't take your money, I saw this earlier on the 5 o'clock news and knew he would jump."
The Blonde replies, "I did too; but I sure didn't think he'd do it again."
Jack took the money.

(swiped from the cute jokes thread)
PatrickY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2021, 02:20 AM   #3463
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jfkmk View Post
“She went on for a bit telling me her car was smarter than me, in those words.”

At least now you know where you stand!

Yeah, she reminded me of a certain ex. The forum many not be aware of this, but I went thru a divorce several years ago. Yes it's true.

Anyhow, the ex at the time, had been secretly buying up land and a doublewide trailer. Once I filed the D papers, my attorney informed me I needed to do all I could to help her move out of the house....so I went and looked at her land. I could tell from just an easy cursory glance that there was no way to get a trailer in her driveway, due to her neighbors wooden fence. I told her the same. Her comment was much the same as this customers. That I didn't know anything and was dumb, as the previous owners of the land had a trailer on the property. I just said OK and left it at that.

You can imagine the smile on my face a few days later when she calls me on the phone, in a panic, saying they couldn't get the trailer in the driveway due to the neighbors fence being in the way. I'm smiling as I type this.

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
wmtire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2021, 06:03 AM   #3464

Just wondering Bobby? Did you by chance meet your ex at the tire shop? Stories of the ex and stories of some customers seem to run on the same line?? [emoji23][emoji23]

Russell
CAT-RN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2021, 06:33 AM   #3465
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAT-RN View Post
Just wondering Bobby? Did you by chance meet your ex at the tire shop? Stories of the ex and stories of some customers seem to run on the same line?? [emoji23][emoji23]

Russell

I actually did. True Story

She worked for a company that put those honor snack/candy boxes in businesses and was the person who serviced the one at my shop.

Dang Russell, now you've reminded me of another reason to hate my job. LOL

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
Old 05-28-2021, 06:45 AM   #3466

Mondays at the tire shop

As a friend of mine always says. Now that there is some funny stuff.
Now he doesn’t say stuff if you know what I’m saying. Lol

You having live through it may not be funny to you I guess.

Russell
Old 05-28-2021, 06:54 AM   #3467

Mondays at the tire shop

I’m still laughing !! Unreal!! I know it’s not “Monday” but that a good story!!!

Russell
Old 05-28-2021, 06:54 AM   #3468
Site Team

Quote:
As a friend of mine always says. Now that there is some funny stuff.
Now he doesn’t say stuff if you know what I’m saying. Lol

You having live through it may not be funny to you I guess.

Russell

It's all good. If it wasn't for her, where would I get all this easy joke fodder?

Old 05-28-2021, 07:31 AM   #3469
Site Team

Quote:
I’m still laughing !! Unreal!! I know it’s not “Monday” but that a good story!!!

Russell

There's actually even more humor to that story. I had sent a friend of mine from school to give her a quote on doing some dirt work for her pad. He has a family trucking and dirt business close by. He built my house and detached garage pads for me. He called me back and informed me she told him she had found somebody else at a better price.

Now when she calls me that day, in full panic mode, the house movers needed somewhere to park her two halves until she could get with her next door neighbor about the fence as it was about 4 in the afternoon. She was wanting me to ask my friend (who she had previously told she wasn't going to use) if she could park her trailer on his lot for a few days.

I told her that I would definitely not ask him such, and she should have used him. She goes into meltdown and says she didn't deserve all this stuff (she didn't use that word either).

I laughed about that too, and once again am now.

Old 05-28-2021, 08:40 AM   #3470
Just as confused as you

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmtire View Post
There's actually even more humor to that story. I had sent a friend of mine from school to give her a quote on doing some dirt work for her pad. He has a family trucking and dirt business close by. He built my house and detached garage pads for me. He called me back and informed me she told him she had found somebody else at a better price.

Now when she calls me that day, in full panic mode, the house movers needed somewhere to park her two halves until she could get with her next door neighbor about the fence as it was about 4 in the afternoon. She was wanting me to ask my friend (who she had previously told she wasn't going to use) if she could park her trailer on his lot for a few days.

I told her that I would definitely not ask him such, and she should have used him. She goes into meltdown and says she didn't deserve all this stuff (she didn't use that word either).

I take it you responded with "Yes, you do!"
Camping since 1989, Seasonal since 2000.
Car Shredder Op/Tech, Scrap Metal Recycling - retired
Scrapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2021, 08:41 AM   #3471

Quote:

that sounds like a good fit for the catch phrase i have coined this spring at my job... lot of people doing stupid stuff and then getting fired and not understanding why.....

"play stupid games, Win stupid prizes"
Bogieboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2021, 08:57 AM   #3472
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrapper View Post
I take it you responded with "Yes, you do!"
I did bite my tongue not to. Lol..

At this point she was doing everything she could to make me explode and I started killing her with kindness at the advice of my attorney.

Before she actually left but after I had already filed the papers, she brought a munchkin kitten home knowing I didn't want any indoor pets as all of our dogs/cats previously were outdoor ones. She was just trying to push my buttons.

She wouldn't even let the cat in her bedroom, so he would stay in the living room with me as I was sleeping on the couch. That kitten would sleep on my chest

When I didn't go ballistic as per her plan, she upped the ante and brought another one home. This one would sleep up by my head. Those cats loved me and not her...which just irked her even more.

I actually kind of grew attached to my sleeping buddies and thought about asking her to leave one, but knew she wouldn't just for spite and I didn't want to give her the satisfaction of that.

When she moved in her trailer, these cats became outside ones as she wouldn't have them in her house.

Some people are happily married and some people are happily divorced. Guess which side I fall on. Lol

Old 05-28-2021, 10:30 AM   #3473

Quote:
Originally Posted by SecretSquirrel View Post
The message with photo tells it all.

That tire has been parked in the sun too long!
rracer5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2021, 11:20 AM   #3474

Quote:

Russell
Quote:
I actually did. True Story

She worked for a company that put those honor snack/candy boxes in businesses and was the person who serviced the one at my shop.

Dang Russell, now you've reminded me of another reason to hate my job. LOL

I had much better luck. I met my late wife in a Tire Shop where she was working. A year later we were married and it lasted until she died 30 years later.

"You only grow old when you run out of new things to do"

2018 Flagstaff Micro Lite 25BDS
2023 f-150 SCREW XLT 3.5 Ecoboost (The result of a $68,000 oil change)
TitanMike is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2021, 01:36 PM   #3475
Site Team

Just had customer on the phone go from 0 to 100 in less than a second.

He called asking if we had a certain size tire which I did and gave him a price. He calmly thanked me and said he would see me in the morning.

I told him we would be closed tomorrow and Monday for Memorial Day weekend. And this is where it hit the fan.

He instantly exploded on me. Started cursing at me, calling me every negative connotation known to sailors. I tried to talk and he wouldn't let me. I finally just hung up.

May have lost a sale but probably don't want a powder keg like this guy up here anyway.

Old 05-29-2021, 10:25 AM   #3476

Quote:
Yeah, she reminded me of a certain ex. The forum many not be aware of this, but I went thru a divorce several years ago. Yes it's true.

Anyhow, the ex at the time, had been secretly buying up land and a doublewide trailer. Once I filed the D papers, my attorney informed me I needed to do all I could to help her move out of the house....so I went and looked at her land. I could tell from just an easy cursory glance that there was no way to get a trailer in her driveway, due to her neighbors wooden fence. I told her the same. Her comment was much the same as this customers. That I didn't know anything and was dumb, as the previous owners of the land had a trailer on the property. I just said OK and left it at that.

You can imagine the smile on my face a few days later when she calls me on the phone, in a panic, saying they couldn't get the trailer in the driveway due to the neighbors fence being in the way. I'm smiling as I type this.

Now at least we know your schedule last initial, Bobby D🤪
myxkp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2021, 11:26 AM   #3477

Quote:
Just had customer on the phone go from 0 to 100 in less than a second.

He called asking if we had a certain size tire which I did and gave him a price. He calmly thanked me and said he would see me in the morning.

I told him we would be closed tomorrow and Monday for Memorial Day weekend. And this is where it hit the fan.

He instantly exploded on me. Started cursing at me, calling me every negative connotation known to sailors. I tried to talk and he wouldn't let me. I finally just hung up.

May have lost a sale but probably don't want a powder keg like this guy up here anyway.
Tire might be for his wife's car and she gave him an ultimatum that he put a tire on in the morning-------or else.

He knew that if you were closed he's be in the soup and he was just practicing for the argument at home that would follow

"You only grow old when you run out of new things to do"

2018 Flagstaff Micro Lite 25BDS
2023 f-150 SCREW XLT 3.5 Ecoboost (The result of a $68,000 oil change)
TitanMike is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2021, 02:30 PM   #3478

Boy o boy. Some priceless stories in here.

2021 Cherokee Greywolf 23MK
Equalizer 1,000lb WDH
Guspech750 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2021, 01:56 PM   #3479
Site Team

It may just be me, but I don't believe I would expect to clean dishes or cook food at a tire store.

Had a guy walk in saying he was here to apply for the cleaning or cooking position. I was confused and told him this was a tire store, and we didn't cook here.

He then asked the address and I told him. He told me an address that was actually across the road at the Latin Food restaurant.

I pointed it out to him, and he walked across to them....while I was thinking if he couldn't figure out he was at the wrong place then....

Old 06-02-2021, 02:42 PM   #3480
Site Team

Had an older lady needing a tire repair. I asked her to back in a bay and she tried to get me to do the driving. I told her I would walk beside her and just listen to my directions as we would get her backed in the bay on the first try.

As the glue was drying in her tire I stood beside her vehicle talking to her. Once everything was back on her car, she went to drive away. I told her I thought we were having a good conversation and she had to go and mess it all up.....all the while smiling at her.

I knew she wouldn't understand the comment as she did what I expected and asked what did I mean.

I told her that she was leaving without paying me. Her eyes got huge and she started apologizing. I was laughing and told her it was my fault for distracting her with my witty conversation. She did laugh at that and gave me an extra $5 to boot.

Tags
tire

« cute joke(s) | - »