Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-07-2021, 05:16 PM   #3521

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanMike View Post
One could always take a "stand in".[emoji16]

Didn’t even consider that !! They say at my age don’t make risky decisions !!

Russell
CAT-RN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2021, 02:03 PM   #3522
Site Team

Had a female customer needing a tire repaired. I noticed she had Alabama license plates when she was backing in the bay. I joked with her that I would fix her tire even though she was from Alabama.

She then told me she had noticed my LSU hat I was wearing and thought about driving off.

She had a great sense of humor as we picked at each other about our favorite colleges, football, that traitor named Nick Saban, etc. She was interested when I asked her why Louisiana doesn't have an A&M University.

At the end she tipped me $10. I told her she didn't have to do that and she quipped to buy me some beers with it as it would help ease the pain when Alabama beats LSU later this year.

I put my hand on my stomach and told her that hurts. She then stated that the truth usually does.

I now put my hand over my heart and told her she was killing me. She was laughing pretty good now and said she needed to leave before I died.

She had told me she travels back and forth between LA and AL. I hope she stops in again as she was a lot of fun. I plan to steal her put downs.

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
wmtire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2021, 07:07 PM   #3523
54 Years, 13 RV's

I want to know in what form you're going to return the bread?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dan View Post
Also older than my string trimmer but not Mr. Dan old.

Oh, I forgot. I'd like to borrow a loaf of bread for a couple of weeks.
Old 06-08-2021, 08:05 PM   #3524

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmtire View Post
Had a female customer needing a tire repaired. I noticed she had Alabama license plates when she was backing in the bay. I joked with her that I would fix her tire even though she was from Alabama.

She then told me she had noticed my LSU hat I was wearing and thought about driving off.

She had a great sense of humor as we picked at each other about our favorite colleges, football, that traitor named Nick Saban, etc. She was interested when I asked her why Louisiana doesn't have an A&M University.

At the end she tipped me $10. I told her she didn't have to do that and she quipped to buy me some beers with it as it would help ease the pain when Alabama beats LSU later this year.

I put my hand on my stomach and told her that hurts. She then stated that the truth usually does.

I now put my hand over my heart and told her she was killing me. She was laughing pretty good now and said she needed to leave before I died.

She had told me she travels back and forth between LA and AL. I hope she stops in again as she was a lot of fun. I plan to steal her put downs.

Careful, she may end up staying for Breakfast.

"You only grow old when you run out of new things to do"

2018 Flagstaff Micro Lite 25BDS
2023 f-150 SCREW XLT 3.5 Ecoboost (The result of a $68,000 oil change)
TitanMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2021, 09:22 PM   #3525

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanMike View Post
Careful, she may end up staying for Breakfast.
Or worse, the divorce.
JWood422 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2021, 09:48 PM   #3526

Quote:

Was that cupids arrow I just heard go zipping past?

2022 Rockwood 2893BS
2019 Ram 2500 Longhorn CTD
Theb2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2021, 06:31 AM   #3527

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theb2b View Post
Was that cupids arrow I just heard go zipping past?

Bobby still bleeding from the previous arrow. Lol

Russell
Old 06-09-2021, 06:54 AM   #3528
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAT-RN View Post
Bobby still bleeding from the previous arrow. Lol

Russell
I feel like I was hit with more of a bazooka than an arrow. Lol

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
Old 06-09-2021, 03:25 PM   #3529
Just as confused as you

Bobby, this makes the 3rd lady with a great sense of humor. I think there is a saying that has something to do with "third", "time" and "charm".
Camping since 1989, Seasonal since 2000.
Car Shredder Op/Tech, Scrap Metal Recycling - retired
Scrapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2021, 03:41 PM   #3530

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrapper View Post
Bobby, this makes the 3rd lady with a great sense of humor. I think there is a saying that has something to do with "third", "time" and "charm".
I'd think that if the first two "bullets" missed, who's going to stand still for the third? (OK, make that "arrows").

Old 06-09-2021, 04:07 PM   #3531
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrapper View Post
The only thing that comes to my mind about three/third/etc has to do with three strikes and you're out.

Old 06-09-2021, 04:39 PM   #3532
waybeck2018

Quote:

That may have been a friend of ours WMTIRE. She lives and breathes BAMA football. Roll Tide !

Looking Forward to Completing This Map Soon !
waybeck2018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2021, 09:24 AM   #3533
Site Team

I was able to get away with a bluff. Was busy earlier when I had a customer walk in that always complains and gripes about everything...prices, wait time, weather, etc. You name it and he complains about it.

I saw him walk in as I was checking out (monetarily not physically) a female customer. He walked up behind her.

She asked me how my day was going and I used that opening to try to bluff the man behind her into not giving me a hard time. I asked her if she ever woke up in a bad mood and felt like she was going to just go off on the world if anyone messed with her, as that's how I was feeling this morning.

She laughingly responded with "every day I was married". Now I'm doing my best to not laugh (and it was hard I tell you) to not spoil my bluff attitude.

I just commented "so you are happily divorced too"...and we bumped elbows.....as I'm doing all I can to not burst out laughing. She was ruining it for me with her funny wit.

I now try to get a real serious look back on my mug, and ask the male customer how I can help him. He needed a tire repaired and not one time did he complain about anything. I think it was a first.

I am laughing about the female customers comment now that he left and I type this up

Old 06-10-2021, 12:52 PM   #3534
Site Team

That was semi exciting and got my blood pressure up somewhat.

Was at the tire changer and heard the air release from my impact gun as the quick coupler on the air line was being disconnected.

When I turned around, there was a shirtless guy going out the bay door, taking my air line with him.

As I got to the door to look out, he was attempting to put the quick connect on a valve stem of his front passenger tire/rim on his truck...without an air chuck. This can mess up the spring, pin, and/or rubber washer inside the quick connect. This isn't the first time a customer has attempted such.

I grabbed the air line and gave it a quick tug, dislodging it out of his hand. He grabs it back off the ground and attempts to take it back to his tire again.

I pull it back again and this time he turns around to see me doing it. He tells me to let go as he needs to air his tire up.

I pull the air line back in the shop and as he is approaching me I sternly tell him to never touch my tools again and I'll see to him when I get thru with the other customers....and for him to wait by his truck. I am now reconnecting the hose to my impact gun.

When I glance back over at Mr. Shirtless, he isn't where I told him to stay, but kinda slowly approaching me and I can see he is making fists now with his hands. I am asking myself "is he about to bum rush me?"

As I quickly take inventory of my surroundings, I realize I'm still holding my impact gun. I then make the decision if he does rush me, he is going to receive 350 ft pounds of a nipple twister....commercial style.

He stares at me for another second or so and then gets in his truck and drives away.

This incident did get me to thinking about the future should something actually come to fruition. I don't guess I've lined up which of my forum friends I can call for bail money if things go my way or a blood donation if they don't. Lol

Old 06-10-2021, 01:26 PM   #3535
Site Team

I'd donate bail money just for the story that went along with it!
Old 06-10-2021, 01:28 PM   #3536

Quote:

Was at the tire changer and heard the air release from my impact gun as the quick coupler on the air line was being disconnected.

When I turned around, there was a shirtless guy going out the bay door, taking my air line with him.

As I got to the door to look out, he was attempting to put the quick connect on a valve stem of his front passenger tire/rim on his truck...without an air chuck. This can mess up the spring, pin, and/or rubber washer inside the quick connect. This isn't the first time a customer has attempted such.

I grabbed the air line and gave it a quick tug, dislodging it out of his hand. He grabs it back off the ground and attempts to take it back to his tire again.

I pull it back again and this time he turns around to see me doing it. He tells me to let go as he needs to air his tire up.

I pull the air line back in the shop and as he is approaching me I sternly tell him to never touch my tools again and I'll see to him when I get thru with the other customers....and for him to wait by his truck. I am now reconnecting the hose to my impact gun.

When I glance back over at Mr. Shirtless, he isn't where I told him to stay, but kinda slowly approaching me and I can see he is making fists now with his hands. I am asking myself "is he about to bum rush me?"

As I quickly take inventory of my surroundings, I realize I'm still holding my impact gun. I then make the decision if he does rush me, he is going to receive 350 ft pounds of a nipple twister....commercial style.

He stares at me for another second or so and then gets in his truck and drives away.

This incident did get me to thinking about the future should something actually come to fruition. I don't guess I've lined up which of my forum friends I can call for bail money if things go my way or a blood donation if they don't. Lol
I knew a Dealer that always had the old changing bar from a Coats 505 tire changer leaning next the shop door. (For those unfamiliar, this was a steel bar around 4' long with a removing tool on one end and an installing tool on the other. The 505 was essentially a manual tire changer) He told me it was better than an axe handle.

Deploying the impact wrench on his chest could well alter his anatomy or at the very least brand him. No shirt to take the brunt of the force

JAMH ---(Just Another Meth Head)

Old 06-10-2021, 01:42 PM   #3537
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bama Rambler View Post
Rofl

Old 06-10-2021, 03:15 PM   #3538

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bama Rambler View Post
I was thinking Tijuana Jail. Who's going to throw his bail?

Now that song will be rolling around in your head the rest of today.
coupevillefish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2021, 03:46 PM   #3539

Quote:
I was able to get away with a bluff. Was busy earlier when I had a customer walk in that always complains and gripes about everything...prices, wait time, weather, etc. You name it and he complains about it.

I saw him walk in as I was checking out (monetarily not physically) a female customer. He walked up behind her.

She asked me how my day was going and I used that opening to try to bluff the man behind her into not giving me a hard time. I asked her if she ever woke up in a bad mood and felt like she was going to just go off on the world if anyone messed with her, as that's how I was feeling this morning.

She laughingly responded with "every day I was married". Now I'm doing my best to not laugh (and it was hard I tell you) to not spoil my bluff attitude.

I just commented "so you are happily divorced too"...and we bumped elbows.....as I'm doing all I can to not burst out laughing. She was ruining it for me with her funny wit.

I now try to get a real serious look back on my mug, and ask the male customer how I can help him. He needed a tire repaired and not one time did he complain about anything. I think it was a first.

I am laughing about the female customers comment now that he left and I type this up

Did by chance this lady give you a tip? She let you know she was not married!! You kinda on a roll this week !!

Russell
Old 06-10-2021, 03:56 PM   #3540

Quote:

these kinds of people are prevalent in the lawn mower repair sector... theres more than one reason that we keep our cheater pipes (professional wrench extenders for those that dont know) near the door...same reason that i dont carry a "utility knife", but a rather sizeable folding pocket knife... and that is only because the company i work for has a no firearms policy.... however a fully charged bead seater can shoot a fair bit of shrapnel when needed as well...LOL always think of ways to improvise... a fair fight is a lost fight....LOL
Bogieboy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tire

« cute joke(s) | - »