Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-24-2021, 03:16 PM   #4161

Should have told him it would cost more for a tire that holds air.
Old 08-24-2021, 03:18 PM   #4162
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jfkmk View Post
Where are ya all at with these retorts when I need them? Lol

He didn't purchase the tire and was shopping. If he comes back I may use that one

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
wmtire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2021, 04:16 PM   #4163

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jfkmk View Post
Now that funny right there!

After reading a lot of these stories, I know where I will buy my next set of tires. May have to take a trip south!

2021 Surveyor 203rkle
2018 Chevy Silverado
Fastway e2 Hitch
wyodrums is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2021, 10:00 AM   #4164
Site Team

Had a customer come in needing some tires swapped over on rims. I told him it would be $15 and he said all he had was $5 to his name. I declined and went to walk back out of the heat.

He then said he may have more money in his truck and to go ahead and do it.

When he went to pay, he pulled out a twenty dollar bill and I saw a few more underneath as well as some ones.

Another day, another money appearing miracle.

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
Old 08-25-2021, 10:12 AM   #4165

Bill - you must have a money tree in your parking lot. If I come for a visit, would you show me the magical spot these events keep taking place at?
Might make enough money appear to pay for a trip from Sacramento.
2012 RAM 2500 Laramie CTD and 4:10
mmartin_tdc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2021, 10:19 AM   #4166
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmartin_tdc View Post
Bill - you must have a money tree in your parking lot. If I come for a visit, would you show me the magical spot these events keep taking place at?
Might make enough money appear to pay for a trip from Sacramento.
You would think that word would get around about this and vehicles would be lined out in the road for a chance at it. It's almost like all these people who have the money appear after they say they don't have any, are keeping it a secret.

Go figure

Old 08-25-2021, 10:43 AM   #4167
Befuddled wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmtire View Post
Had a customer come in needing some tires swapped over on rims. I told him it would be $15 and he said all he had was $5 to his name. I declined and went to walk back out of the heat.

He then said he may have more money in his truck and to go ahead and do it.

When he went to pay, he pulled out a twenty dollar bill and I saw a few more underneath as well as some ones.

Another day, another money appearing miracle.
Was it this guy? (click on image to view animated gif...)
Click image for larger version

Name:	moneymiracle.gif
Views:	258
Size:	3.63 MB
ID:	261635

2020 Rockwood Ultra Light 2891 BH
1996 Dodge Ram 3500 dually 8.0L V10

"Si Quaeris Peninsulam Amoenam Circumspice"
cc102bob is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2021, 10:48 AM   #4168

Another miracle:

2011 Rockwood 2604
K_and_I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2021, 11:21 AM   #4169

Quote:
Originally Posted by K_and_I View Post
Another miracle:

Truth in advertising?

Credit + Interest = Usury
PatrickY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2021, 11:54 AM   #4170
Site Team

This is not funny but a tale of insanity imho. A week or so ago a tow truck brought in a vehicle that needed the passenger rear tire replaced as it was blown out. The tow driver pointed out the passenger front tire and said he didn't know what we would do about it. The rim is destroyed but it was still holding air somehow.

The mom of the vehicle owner came and picked up the car later and we pointed out the passenger front to her and she said she do would something about it since we don't sell rims.

This car just arrived again on a tow truck this time needing the driver front tire replaced. That rim is still on the passenger front. I called her and she said to just fix the driver front as she isn't worried right now with passenger front. I have no idea how that tire has not exploded but it's not going to be pretty when it does. Hope she doesn't kill somebody.

This is crazyClick image for larger version

Name:	20210825_112313.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	60.3 KB
ID:	261644Click image for larger version

Name:	20210825_113916_HDR.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	30.8 KB
ID:	261645Click image for larger version

Name:	20210825_113920_HDR.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	37.8 KB
ID:	261646

Old 08-25-2021, 12:12 PM   #4171

The driver of that car needs to either get off the phone, learn to drive or both. But they may not get a chance to if that RF tire blows at speed and sends them into a tree or light pole.

I hope the Mom has life insurance on the driver.
Old 08-25-2021, 12:19 PM   #4172
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergiop View Post
The driver of that car needs to either get off the phone, learn to drive or both. But they may not get a chance to if that RF tire blows at speed and sends them into a tree or light pole.

I hope the Mom has life insurance on the driver.
The actual driver is supposedly on the way to pick it up. I am going to strongly suggest she get a wheel and tire.

Old 08-25-2021, 12:40 PM   #4173

Since you can magically make money appear, can’t you try using your super powers on the rim? It just might work!
Old 08-25-2021, 01:11 PM   #4174

Quote:
I hope my whole day isn't going to be like this. Had a lady come in who we repaired a tire for week before last.

She wanted me to give her money back on the repair since she bought new tires and wasn't using that tire anymore.

I thought she was kidding me, but as ya have probably figured out by now from these customer tales, she wasn't.

My personal Hades would prolly be working the returns desk at Home Depot or Lowes. Always amazed at what folks have zero shame bringing back after having "rented" the item for a while, and the stories that go with them.

Although, some take the award. Returning some unneeded items we got for project godson move in, the woman in front of me was returning an air conditioner. She claimed the air conditioner was defective - all the cold air from this unit would go to the ceiling.
Desert Boat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2021, 02:31 PM   #4175
Site Team

Momma came and got that car with the messed up rim again. I started going over the scenarios of what is going to happen when that tire blows. She told me i was scaring her to even drive it home. I informed her i was intentionally trying to put the fear in her cause it wasn't if it was going to happen, but just when it was.

She sat out there a long time on the phone, I hope calling places I suggested to get a rim. I told her I had one more tire that size and was "trying" to hold it for her when she got me a rim. She thanked me for that.

Old 08-25-2021, 02:42 PM   #4176
Site Team

Bobby, this one is for you...

I was at my local dealer's Quick Lane, which is also a tire shop, this morning for an oil change.

While I was waiting a gentlemen pulled in with a low front tire on the drivers side. He told the service writer the tire had a nail in it and was slowly losing air pressure. After being checked in a "tech" took the vehicle in to the shop to check it. About five minutes later he pulled the car back out of the shop and said it was fixed he'd aired the tire back up to 36PSI.

When the owner inquired about the nail the "tech" replied he didn't see a nail. The owner got in his car, turned the steering wheel hard left, and pulled forward slowly while a couple of us waiting on our cars looked for the nail. Sure enough he had a roofing nail dead center in the thread. The "tech" said that he didn't see it...it had a head the size of a dime! Now it get really good.

The tech goes back in the shop and gets a pair of pliers and pulls the nail out. The tire went flat almost instantly. Now keep in mind the car has been pulled out of the shop and is in the parking lot. Now our "tech" goes back in and gets a drill and reams out the puncture. I think it was at least a 3/8 inch bit on the drill.

Next he goes back in the shop for a puncture repair kit and uses three "worms" to plug the hole he drilled. He then sprayed soapy water on a totally flat tire to check for leaks. Not too surprisingly it didn't bubble.

Now he goes back in the shop and grabs an air hose...that is about ten feet to short to reach out in to the parking lot. After a few minutes of looking around he finally found another hose to extend it out in to the parking lot.

After airing up the tire he goes back in the shop for a pair of side cutter to trim off the excess "worm". Since there are three "worms" to trim he can't get them all in one cut. I watched him twist and pull against the 'worms" while slowing hacking away at them. They must use good adhesive as none of them came out even after his best efforts. I'd guesstimate the nubs he left protruded out at least a 1/4 inch from the thread. It will take awhile for those to wear down I suspect. The "tech" then aired the tire up to 36PSI and said it was fixed.

The manager who had been watching this charade finally came out and told the car owner there was No Charge for the repair. He then helped the "tech" pick up all the "stuff" he had brought out in to the parking lot and carry it back in to the shop.

I didn't know I was going to get free entertainment while waiting on my Expedition.
Old 08-25-2021, 02:51 PM   #4177
Site Team

Ha. They may do tires but from your description I wouldn't dare call them a tire shop. That guy just voided the manufacturer warranty on the tire if it separates later due to his improper repair.

Old 08-25-2021, 03:33 PM   #4178
Site Team

Quote:
That guy just voided the manufacturer warranty on the tire if it separates later due to his improper repair.
No worries, it was a only a low profile Continental tire on a M-B sedan. Shouldn't be more than $300 bucks for a matching OEM replacement tire. The cars owner did say he was going to rotate that tire to the rear axle...that's a really good idea.
Old 08-25-2021, 08:14 PM   #4179
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedLdr1 View Post

Next he goes back in the shop for a puncture repair kit and uses three "worms" to plug the hole he drilled. He then sprayed soapy water on a totally flat tire to check for leaks. Not too surprisingly it didn't bubble.

I didn't catch that part in the initial reading about him checking for leaks on a tire with no air in it.

Old 08-26-2021, 03:23 PM   #4180
Site Team

Let's play a game called " can you imagine my expression".

Since covid we have been trying to encourage customers to stay in their vehicles as much as possible. We are adapting to allow them to stay in vehicle with it running if the exhaust is aimed out the door so they can use air conditioning.

Anyhow I was was repairing one tire on a vehicle and allowed the two young women to stay in vehicle while it was in shop. I heard a car door open and turned around to see the passenger just pour her coke out on the shop floor.

I looked at both of them and they looked back at me just laughing.

Now, can you guess my expression?

Tags
tire