Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-15-2021, 12:20 AM   #4361

Quote:
Originally Posted by F.R.O.G. View Post
--------------------------------------------------Passenger / Passenger
-----Passenger / Driver

---------------------------------------------------------------------------Driver / Passenger
------------------------------Driver / Driver

Dually? You're on your own.
Is that front engine or a rear engine?
Old 09-15-2021, 06:15 AM   #4362

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmtire View Post
According to a guy on the phone awhile ago, I may get a lot of tire sales

He was wanting a price on a set of tires. He also told me that his ex and her boyfriend cut all of his tires which was why he needed a set.

He then added I may get a lot of business as all of their tires were going to end up cut too.

Time for me to do my best Sgt Shultz impersonation and state I know nothing.
JWood422 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2021, 07:50 PM   #4363
Site Team

I was almost involved in a very stupid persons wreck this evening. I used an online drawing tool to try and get it visualized for everyone.

I was trying to get out of my banks parking lot and onto the road. I am the orange vehicle in the pic, about to make a 90 degree right (North) turn from the bank.

There was a car heading south on the main road, attempting to make a 90 degree left (east) turn into the bank driving the green vehicle. They are directly at a t angle to me. They had to wait for north bound traffic to go by, as so did I. There were several cars stopped behind her.

Once all northbound traffic went by, the green car started their left turn into the bank, as I started my right turn out of the bank. It was at this same time that a vehicle (white color) behind the green car decided to also make a left turn into bank, by coming south down the north bound lane that I was now pulling into. They barely missed my front end as I yanked hard to the right...but plowed right into the side of the green car turning into the bank.

That took a special effort to do something that dumb.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2021-09-15 at 19-36-21 Create a perfect sketch of your accident.png
Views:	83
Size:	31.7 KB
ID:	262881   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2021-09-15 at 20-15-37 Create a perfect sketch of your accident.png
Views:	79
Size:	26.3 KB
ID:	262884  

What if UFO's are just billionaires from other planets?
wmtire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2021, 08:52 PM   #4364

Glad you weren’t hit. Based on the dashcam videos I’m addicted to watching this, and other questionable actions happens way too often.

Happiness is just a ride away!
Sharon455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2021, 09:05 PM   #4365

We can put people in space but still can't cure stupid.

"You only grow old when you run out of new things to do"

2018 Flagstaff Micro Lite 25BDS
2004 Nissan Titan
TitanMike is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2021, 09:21 PM   #4366

Quote:
I was almost involved in a very stupid persons wreck this evening. I used an online drawing tool to try and get it visualized for everyone.

I was trying to get out of my banks parking lot and onto the road. I am the orange vehicle in the pic, about to make a 90 degree right (North) turn from the bank.

There was a car heading south on the main road, attempting to make a 90 degree left (east) turn into the bank driving the green vehicle. They are directly at a t angle to me. They had to wait for north bound traffic to go by, as so did I. There were several cars stopped behind her.

Once all northbound traffic went by, the green car started their left turn into the bank, as I started my right turn out of the bank. It was at this same time that a vehicle (white color) behind the green car decided to also make a left turn into bank, by coming south down the north bound lane that I was now pulling into. They barely missed my front end as I yanked hard to the right...but plowed right into the side of the green car turning into the bank.

I sometimes watch YouTube videos on stupid drivers to remind me not to expect considerate behavior, especially when pulling my trailer. Had something new happen. A semi clipped my trailer at a lane reduction pulling off the trim on the right rear corner. I didn’t feel it nor find it till we got to our site.
You never know what is going to happen.
Unfortunately my rear camera doesn’t record and due to the lane reduction there was no place to pull over and see what the long horn blowing was about.
Glad we’re both safe Bobby.
myxkp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2021, 10:21 PM   #4367

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergiop View Post
Well that confirms the mental giants that live in your city. Calling people and telling them you are going to commit a crime.

Here is an idea, WMTIRE should tell the caller that he won't call the police if he includes his ex-wife and ex-mother in-law in his plot to extract revenge.
wildcatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2021, 01:23 AM   #4368
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildcatter View Post
Here is an idea, WMTIRE should tell the caller that he won't call the police if he includes his ex-wife and ex-mother in-law in his plot to extract revenge.

Now you tell me.

My next to last customer this evening was a lady needing her passenger rear tire repaired. She said her husband had plugged it, but it was still leaking. Once she pulled into the bay, before I even touched the wheel, I could see one lug nut sticking way out from the others. I reached out with my hand and could unscrew it. It was barely on the stud. I stopped and pointed this out to her. She then adds that her "idiot husband" (her words not mine) had also rotated that tire from the passenger front.

The other four lug nuts were barely on there too but were at least snug to the rim somewhat. She now says her teenage son helped her husband do this.

After putting it back on her vehicle, and torquing the lug nuts..I told her I needed to check the passenger front wheel lug nuts also as I didn't have faith now. I made a joke to her that if her husband had took out a big life insurance policy on her, he forgot to cut me in on it, and I was going to ruin his plans. She laughed and said he better not have as she was the only one working right now.

Old 09-16-2021, 02:08 AM   #4369

Quote:
I was almost involved in a very stupid persons wreck this evening.. . .
Reminded me of an incident in Feb 2020. We caught up to a car just as we entered a relatively new roundabout in a rural area (Santa Ynez, Ca.). Had to take it slow and the other car looked hesitant so it didn't surprise me when they pulled to the right onto the wide shoulder upon exiting the roundabout. I thiught "how nice of them to let me pass". So I hit the gas. What did surprise me was the immediate u-turn they pulled in front of me. Seems like we missed by less than an inch. Had to pull over myself to get the heart rate down.

Former owner of
2016 Wildwood X-Lite 231RKXL
pwoods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2021, 03:34 AM   #4370

Quote:
Originally Posted by IsleDog View Post
Saw this on my walk with my daughter last night. Just remember, its a jeep thing!
I saw right off that the spare was almost flat. Shot maybe.

But then I realized most Jeeps have a high-volume 12v air compressor aboard. Keeping it aired way down and small 'till needed, probably reduces sun damage.

Wes
Wes Tausend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2021, 01:44 PM   #4371

Passenger rear, isn't that the passenger passenger tire?
jk510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2021, 01:49 PM   #4372
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by jk510 View Post
Passenger rear, isn't that the passenger passenger tire?
Lol. Yes it is according to some.

Old 09-16-2021, 01:56 PM   #4373
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes Tausend View Post
I saw right off that the spare was almost flat. Shot maybe.

But then I realized most Jeeps have a high-volume 12v air compressor aboard. Keeping it aired way down and small 'till needed, probably reduces sun damage.

Wes
You apparently missed this post explaining the pic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IsleDog View Post
have fun with it! for those who cant tell, its actually a golf cart tire they have bolted on back there.
Iwritecode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2021, 02:05 PM   #4374
Director, FROG

Quote:
Lol. Yes it is according to some.
HEY! I'm right here. You know I can hear you, right?

Bob Byrne
Director, Forest River Owners' Group (FROG)
frog@forestriverinc.com
www.forestriverfrog.com
F.R.O.G. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2021, 02:07 PM   #4375
Site Team

Quote:
.......... by coming south down the north bound lane that I was now pulling into. They barely missed my front end as I yanked hard to the right...but plowed right into the side of the green car turning into the bank.

Yes, but will they need new tires?
Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2021, 02:15 PM   #4376

Quote:
I was almost involved in a very stupid persons wreck this evening.
Here is an intersection in my town:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	89
Size:	70.4 KB
ID:	262905

The white arrows are the directions of travel for the lanes. I was the green arrow getting ready to make the right turn. I did not bother looking to my left because as that is a one way street at that point there should be no traffic coming from the left.

Well, I was wrong. The elderly driver (I shall leave gender out of this) who was coming the wrong way on a one way street designated by the red arrow almost collided with me.
NavyLCDR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2021, 04:46 PM   #4377

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
You apparently missed this post explaining the pic.
I know. I was so discouraged that somebody said that.

It nearly ruined my chance to pretend that steel wheels can auto-inflate (hydrof... no... aeroform!) along with very stretchy, inner-tube-like tires.

But after all, this is thee 'Mondays at the tire shop' thread in the 'Jokes and Humor' section. So...

Here, I can have little doubt that somewhere, some tire customer wants to believe that wheels expand when they bring in a wrong diameter bead tire for mounting... on a Monday. And of course, then argue the tire size is the same height.

Wes
Wes Tausend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2021, 09:14 PM   #4378

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanMike View Post
We can put people in space but still can't cure stupid.
Stupid is curable... but it's not legal.
EddieL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2021, 09:17 AM   #4379
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet H View Post
Yes, but will they need new tires?
Didn't appear so but I had somewhere else I had to get to.

Old 09-17-2021, 10:11 AM   #4380

Quote:
Originally Posted by NavyLCDR View Post
Here is an intersection in my town:

Attachment 262905

The white arrows are the directions of travel for the lanes. I was the green arrow getting ready to make the right turn. I did not bother looking to my left because as that is a one way street at that point there should be no traffic coming from the left.

Well, I was wrong. The elderly driver (I shall leave gender out of this) who was coming the wrong way on a one way street designated by the red arrow almost collided with me.

Now this scares me! We are going to be near that area in a couple of weeks. We will besure to stay north of there so as to not get near that intersection.

The drivers aren't much different in the Salem area or they weren't six years ago.

Glad you were lucky!

2016 t28FQDX Shockwave,
New Provider tires 10/31/18 ,
2015 LTZ Duramax with over 184,000 miles,
2020 Polaris RZR 900 Fox Edition
herbike is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tire