Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-22-2021, 10:02 PM   #4421

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWood422 View Post
Not after I report you to your boss!
I am sure his "Boss" is sick and tired of hearing from customers.
Old 09-23-2021, 09:58 AM   #4422
Site Team

And speaking of customers, here we go.

Had one earlier needing two tires repaired. As we are doing this he starts asking about new tire prices even though the ones on his vehicle are 75% treaded. He said he was going to come back tomorrow and buy new ones. I told him he ought to go ahead and just buy them now since we already had two off the vehicle. I did this on purpose cause I knew he was trying an old game.

He then came up with a flimsy excuse how he didn't have time today but I told him I could mount four new ones faster than repairing two tires. He then said he forgot his credit card.

After the repairs, I gave him his bill. He then said he was going to buy all new ones tomorrow and just needed these to get him by till then. I told him that was fine and here is what you owe today. He then starts with the "he shouldn't have to pay since he is buying new ones later" routine. I say routine as I've had that one attempted ( and failed) several times.

When I refused to let him leave for free, he went all in with he would never buy tires from me. I grinned and told him sorry he felt that way.

He did pay me ......with a credit card he said he didn't have.

I guess the miracle mojo is coming back again.

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
wmtire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2021, 03:26 PM   #4423
Site Team

Note to self: Never ask older women again if they are friends.

Had a woman purchase a pair of tires. While I am mounting these on her vehicle, another woman drives up needing a tire. These two women are talking like they are old friends and are naming mutual people etc. They seem to be laughing it up and having a good conversation.

When the first one leaves and I go to work on the second ladies tire, I made the mistake of asking if the first woman was a friend of hers.

Man, did I open the floodgates. I didnt think she was ever going to stop badmouthing that first woman. It was just pure venom. It was such a turnaround from their previous interactions I had observed.

Come to find out, the first woman is the ex wife of the second woman's husband.

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
Old 09-24-2021, 04:12 PM   #4424

Note to self: Never ask older women again if they are friends.

words to the wise...

It amazes me how people can be Jekel and Hyde in micro-seconds.
2012 RAM 2500 Laramie CTD and 4:10
mmartin_tdc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2021, 06:51 PM   #4425

Almost like asking a woman when the baby is due only to find out she is not pregnant.
Old 09-25-2021, 08:08 AM   #4426
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jfkmk View Post
Almost like asking a woman when the baby is due only to find out she is not pregnant.
Funny you mention that. I think I have talked before about my favorite pizza delivery woman. Our exchanges are usually pretty fast as I'm busy and she is getting to her next delivery.

I noticed awhile back it looked like she may have gained some weight, but that's just getting older and I certainly can't throw any stones.. Or boulders in my case

She came in yesterday and I asked how she was doing. She said she was about ready to pop, which made me stop long enough to see she was full fledged preggo.

I asked the rhetorical question if she was pregnant, which she asked if couldn't I tell from how big she had been getting. I just shrugged my shoulders and made sure I didn't mention I thought she was just putting on some weight. Never occurred to me she might be pregnant.

Old 09-26-2021, 10:42 AM   #4427

Here's an unusual repair method for you to try, NOT!Click image for larger version

Name:	FB_IMG_1632670632958.jpg
Views:	218
Size:	30.5 KB
ID:	263446
Old 09-26-2021, 12:05 PM   #4428

Quote:
Originally Posted by jk510 View Post
Here's an unusual repair method for you to try, NOT!Attachment 263446
Makes that outside dually easy to fill.
Old 09-26-2021, 12:49 PM   #4429

Quote:
What do you mean Don't Try?

If it means the difference walking 10 miles on a forest service road, and driving to the nearest repair shop----------What was the question again?

"You only grow old when you run out of new things to do"

2018 Flagstaff Micro Lite 25BDS
2023 f-150 SCREW XLT 3.5 Ecoboost (The result of a $68,000 oil change)
TitanMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2021, 10:31 AM   #4430

Quote:

Tell me the valve stem hole in the rim was plugged up!

If not, then that's the new improved dual port filling system!
rracer5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2021, 12:02 PM   #4431
Site Team

Dang it. I was too busy to get my phone as a great picture opportunity was afoot and I missed it.

A customer drove in on a flat. He had some of those aftermarket 35 series extremely low profile tires that we do not work on. You have seen these. There's the rim and then the tire tread, no sidewall.

The tire was destroyed from him driving on it flat and had chunks missing out of it. I told him all we could do was put his spare on which he didnt have. I told him his other option was to have it towed somewhere.

He laughed at me and said he had a third option and that was to go find a real tire shop. His words.

I walked back in the shop to finish my other customers as he got back in his car. I heard him crank up then a terrible scraping sound. When I came back out, this guy had attempted to drive over the curb into the main street. With the flat tire, he got hung up on the curb and was stuck, partially blocking a lane. I just shook my head and walked back in the shop..... That isn't a real tire shop.

Old 10-01-2021, 03:08 PM   #4432
Scoundrel

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmtire View Post
Dang it. I was too busy to get my phone as a great picture opportunity was afoot and I missed it.

A customer drove in on a flat. He had some of those aftermarket 35 series extremely low profile tires that we do not work on. You have seen these. There's the rim and then the tire tread, no sidewall.

The tire was destroyed from him driving on it flat and had chunks missing out of it. I told him all we could do was put his spare on which he didnt have. I told him his other option was to have it towed somewhere.

He laughed at me and said he had a third option and that was to go find a real tire shop. His words.

I walked back in the shop to finish my other customers as he got back in his car. I heard him crank up then a terrible scraping sound. When I came back out, this guy had attempted to drive over the curb into the main street. With the flat tire, he got hung up on the curb and was stuck, partially blocking a lane. I just shook my head and walked back in the shop..... That isn't a real tire shop.
I know I shouldn't laugh, but I love a happy ending.

Wooden Spoon Survivor
HangDiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2021, 03:13 PM   #4433
Site Team

Wow, I had an extremely aggressive elderly lady demand how things were going to be and how I was going to do things for her as she was getting a tire for her grandson.

She told me I was going to take her post dated check and hold it till next Tuesday before depositing it. I informed her I do not take paper checks but do accept debit cards.

She then told me rather forcefully how I was "going" to take her check and I was going to hold it. I again told her no and she could come back Tuesday with cash.

She told me she could do that but to go ahead and give her the tire now.

I kinda laughed, and thought she was joking. She was not.

She then snapped and said let me make sure what you are saying. You are telling me that you are not going to take a post dated check and are not going to let me come back Tuesday and pay you for the tire. I told her she was correct.

She squinted her eyes at me and told me I had lost my mind.

I was kinda thinking she was right, as I had to be out of my mind to be continuing this conversation.

Old 10-01-2021, 03:17 PM   #4434
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by HangDiver View Post
I know I shouldn't laugh, but I love a happy ending.
Me and you both. I did grin when seeing it

Old 10-01-2021, 03:38 PM   #4435

Quote:

She then snapped and said let me make sure what you are saying. You are telling me that you are not going to take a post dated check and are not going to let me come back Tuesday and pay you for the tire. I told her she was correct.

I'm surprised she didn't fire you right then and there.
PatrickY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2021, 04:41 PM   #4436
waybeck2018

Quote:
Wow, I had an extremely aggressive elderly lady demand how things were going to be and how I was going to do things for her as she was getting a tire for her grandson.

She told me I was going to take her post dated check and hold it till next Tuesday before depositing it. I informed her I do not take paper checks but do accept debit cards.

She then told me rather forcefully how I was "going" to take her check and I was going to hold it. I again told her no and she could come back Tuesday with cash.

She told me she could do that but to go ahead and give her the tire now.

I kinda laughed, and thought she was joking. She was not.

She squinted her eyes at me and told me I had lost my mind.

I was kinda thinking she was right, as I had to be out of my mind to be continuing this conversation.

When I go through the area where wmtire is I am going to give him a unique experience. I will say "please may I buy a set of 4 Goodyear Endurance tires. Will pay cash or debit, your choice as soon as the tires are installed. Then I will smile and say thank you sir! Wonder if wmtire can handle this type customer after all his stories here?

Looking Forward to Completing This Map Soon !
waybeck2018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2021, 04:47 PM   #4437

Wow. First we learn that you’re running a fake tire shop then we find out you don’t take post dates checks. What’s this world coming to?
Old 10-01-2021, 06:07 PM   #4438
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrickY View Post
I'm surprised she didn't fire you right then and there.

Another opportunity missed.

Old 10-01-2021, 06:18 PM   #4439
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by waybeck2018 View Post

When I go through the area where wmtire is I am going to give him a unique experience. I will say "please may I buy a set of 4 Goodyear Endurance tires. Will pay cash or debit, your choice as soon as the tires are installed. Then I will smile and say thank you sir! Wonder if wmtire can handle this type customer after all his stories here?
I stopped in at his shop and surprised him once… didn’t try to buy anything nor did I try to slick him in any way. I made his day.

Nights Camped: '13 = 49/'14 = 74/'15 = 74/'16 = 85/'17 = 110/'18 = 111/'19 = 86/'20 =108/'21 = 115/'22 = 135/'23 = 78; Booked for 2024 = 69
Mr. Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2021, 06:26 PM   #4440
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dan View Post
I stopped in at his shop and surprised him once… didn’t try to buy anything nor did I try to slick him in any way. I made his day.

Sure did. Dan even took a box of roofing nails to throw out on the road on his way back home. Great Guy.

Tags
tire

« Humor in pictures | - »