Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-22-2021, 01:04 PM   #4661
Site Team

The woman from Atlanta came back and said she bought a plug kit. She wanted us to plug the tire for her which I refused. She then started the crying routine. I told her where she could go and probably get it done but she didnt want to do that.

I'm now suspicious and thinking something else is going on.

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
wmtire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2021, 01:08 PM   #4662

That kind of behavior turns Mr. Hand into Mr. Fist.

It’s a portal I’m telling you.
Old 10-22-2021, 01:35 PM   #4663
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergiop View Post
That kind of behavior turns Mr. Hand into Mr. Fist.

It’s a portal I’m telling you.
That really wasn't what was going on with me. I could feel the locks coming off my extended vocabulary...as well as my voice box volume control

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
Old 10-22-2021, 01:53 PM   #4664
RV There Yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmtire View Post
That really wasn't what was going on with me. I could feel the locks coming off my extended vocabulary...as well as my voice box volume control
I have my degree in teaching shop class. my wife calls that the "Teacher Voice". both pitch and volume changes. nothing changes a kids demeaner faster than your voice being three times as loud and an octave or two lower.

Although the video of the UBER driver telling someone to get out of their car comes to mind.
Old 10-22-2021, 03:12 PM   #4665
Always Learning

Quote:
Thanks for the laughs, as I need them this morning.

Ok I was running a credit card on a customer and as I finished up with them a woman probably in her mid to late fifties walked up to me with a lit cigarette in her mouth that was probably the nastiest I have ever smelled (the cigarette not the woman).

I pointed towards our no smoking signs and told her she had to leave the cigarette outside. She then blew a mouth full of smoke directly in my face and told me to hush.

Beatbeatbeatbeatbeatbeat. That was my heart rate after she did that. I'm not sure of my facial expression at the time but it had to be bad enough as she stepped back after seeing it. I glanced to make sure the first customer had gotten in her vehicle then whipped back around. I could feel myself just losing all self control which is something I rarely do. I try to never take anything up here personal but what she did .....uhh.

I gritted my teeth and told her to carry her donkey out the door and never come back. She said some stuff but I couldn't tell you what as the boiling blood in my head was making me deaf. I just pointed to the door and kept that pose as she walked out....but not before making sure to blow a lot more nasty smelling smoke in my business.
You handled that way better than I would have.
Old 10-22-2021, 03:45 PM   #4666
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post
You handled that way better than I would have.
I didn't handle it well, as I ran her off before figuring out how to make her pay for her behavior and stinky atmosphere she left. Lose-lose for me.

Old 10-22-2021, 03:52 PM   #4667

Quote:
I wanted to tell this last customer that when you are trying to sell a load of bull manure, it works better if you're not holding your nose from the smell

He came in saying he needed a tire repaired as it had 15 psi this morning. He then adds we repaired this tire about six weeks ago.

I pulled it off the vehicle and found the leak quick as you could hear the air coming out.

After I repaired it and went to give him the bill, he says again we repaired it not too long ago. I told him I saw our other repair in it and he had run over something else now. He then tries to argue the second hole was in it when he brought it in 6 weeks earlier.

I'm sure ya are already seeing where this is heading.....as did I.

I ask him how could that hole be in it 6 weeks earlier and it just went low this morning. He answer was "I don't know but it did, you tell me how".

I reiterated again that he ran over something else recently, that's how.

He now hit me with what we all know was coming. He said he shouldn't have to pay for something we missed.

That when I wanted to tell him about the bull manure, but I didn't.

I just smiled and asked him if he was paying cash or credit card. He paid and mumbled he would never come back.

Edit: Dang I now realize I missed a golden opportunity. I should have told him he needs to take all complaints to the owner, whenever he's here.
All I can say is that if he wanted a flat repaired for free he should have taken it to a shop that repairs flats for free.
NavyLCDR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2021, 04:00 PM   #4668

Quote:
Just had a woman in here that is from the largest town in Georgia.

She was wanting her tire repaired with a plug only. I told her we patched it from the inside. She then tells me I am the third shop to tell her that and do we have some kind of law that doesn't let us plug tires, as every place in Atlanta does.

I tell her that it's better to patch than just use a plug. She said it may be but that's not for her.

Her parting words was she was stuck in Louisiana cause nobody plugs tires and she needed to get home

I'm still shaking my head at this. She's stuck from her own design. I can picture her physically painting herself into a corner.
Sounds like my hernia repair surgeries . First doc put the "patch" on the outside of the hernia because it was less "invasive" and quicker recovery time. Well....the recovery sucked and the hernia repair failed within 30 days. No warranty, of course. Second doctor said, "If you are going to do a repair, does it make sense to put a patch over it so the pressure pushes the patch in the 'off' direction? No. I go inside the muscle layer and put the patch there so the pressure pushes the patch against the muscle, not away from the muscle." Recovery was much quicker and less painful and about 6 years later it's still holding. Some people (even doctors) don't understand simple physics.
NavyLCDR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2021, 06:43 PM   #4669

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharon455 View Post
Them kind are usually great workers. Everyone around them think they are pillars of the community; it's those victims who can't see beyond a little "love pat" here and there.

Seriously, not condoning domestic abuse, but the people I've known who have lived through it say the same thing. Nobody could believe that {insert name here} could do such a thing.
Exactly.

Labor & Delivery RN here. We see it ALL. THE. TIME. The abusers are a sweet as honey to everyone else. It's how they reel in the vulnerable. Disgusting. Fortunately, we don't buy what they are selling.
2006 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer 4 x 4
2018 Ford F-150 Crew Cab 4 x 4
LizzyRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2021, 06:47 PM   #4670

Quote:
Originally Posted by itat View Post
Yes. Our privacy laws wouldn’t allow publication of arrest records on individuals. You can request criminal background checks through the local police dept. but they aren’t freely published on the internet.

I'm in Washington State and our County Jail lists the roster and the charges for all to see. The bail amount is also listed.
2006 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer 4 x 4
2018 Ford F-150 Crew Cab 4 x 4
LizzyRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2021, 10:53 PM   #4671
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizzyRN View Post
I'm in Washington State and our County Jail lists the roster and the charges for all to see. The bail amount is also listed.

We do better than that. We get to see the arrest report, which sometimes has the crimes listed in detail.....like this guy pulling his little wagon.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2021-10-22 at 22-50-03 1A21TV41 (JPEG Image, 775 × 1000 pixels).png
Views:	244
Size:	447.3 KB
ID:	264808  

Old 10-22-2021, 11:01 PM   #4672

Quote:
We do better than that. We get to see the arrest report, which sometimes has the crimes listed in detail.....like this guy pulling his little wagon.
When I read your last sentence I had to read the report to make sure you didn't mean what I thought you meant.

Thankfully the report clarified. One never knows when they'll run into a euphemism

"You only grow old when you run out of new things to do"

2018 Flagstaff Micro Lite 25BDS
2023 f-150 SCREW XLT 3.5 Ecoboost (The result of a $68,000 oil change)
TitanMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2021, 11:08 PM   #4673
Site Team

I chose to show that particular arrest report as we have a recent thread on that same subject matter going on here:

https://www.forestriverforums.com/fo...ml#post2651621

...and to mess with everyone's head. Now when you see someone pulling a wagon, you are going to wonder if that's what they are doing.

Old 10-23-2021, 08:25 AM   #4674
Site Team

When I got to work this morning I did my usual routine and checked caller ID to see if any missed calls before getting here. I noticed several from yesterday after I closed and one this morning before opening that had "private number" as the caller ID with no number listed.

That just screams a telemarketer to me. After opening up, the telephone rang and it was the private number ID again. I went ahead and answered it and there was a woman on the other end asking for the owner. Knowing it's a telemarketer for sure now, I told her he's not in.....
.which according to some people, I'm not the owner.

She asked if she could leave a message and I said sure. Then she went off using all kind of cuss words telling me where to go, who to have relations with, body parts to kiss, etc.

This actually took me by surprise, and when I looked at the phone, I could smell the cigarette smoke coming from it as I hung up.

I am 99% sure who it was (and it's not the ex).

She actually made my day as I now believe I bothered her as much as she did me yesterday.

Old 10-23-2021, 08:27 AM   #4675
NXR

Did you ask her for her call-back number in case the owner wanted to talk to her?
Old 10-23-2021, 10:46 AM   #4676
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by NXR View Post
Did you ask her for her call-back number in case the owner wanted to talk to her?
That would have been a great retort but unfortunately it's hard to think of these things in the heat of the moment. I will save it for future though. Thanks

Old 10-23-2021, 11:58 AM   #4677

Quote:
I have a regular customer who blames his ex for all his tire flats....and he has had a lot recently. He accuses her of throwing nails out at his house. However it's a hodgepodge of different things I find in them.

He was just in here with yet another flat, which was caused by a double sided phillips/slotted driver bit. He was going off on the ex as usual.

What makes this story humorous was what he said he was going to do to get her back. He said he was going to teach her a lesson and marry her sister as well as have intimate relations with her mother.

Now for the kicker. This guy is pushing 70. Move over Hugh Hefner

I bet a $1 if you follow him he rides the shoulder.
I will also bet $1 if his ex is as old as him….she ain’t doing anything
born in Texas.... live in Arkansas
Iwannacamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2021, 12:02 PM   #4678

Quote:
Those are the best kind. They may have doorbell camera upshot pics that people forgot to delete.

Lol. I had a customer with his iPhone out showing me a pic of some valve. I said now wait…there better not be no boob pics I’m about to see. He said nothing. As he had is library open(you know if you know the phone) what did I see? Yep. I said nothing.
born in Texas.... live in Arkansas
Iwannacamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2021, 08:36 AM   #4679
Site Team

Monday is starting off great. Had a customer needing a flat repaired. His tire is almost flat but he still has it on the vehicle.

I'm the fourth place he has been to but he won't let me or the other three repair it or add air to it......as he is convinced that since he has nitrogen in his tires, that is what he has to have. I tried to explain it to him but he was trying to argue.

I decided $18 for me wasn't worth my time and let him go. He can just buy a $200 dollar tire somewhere as this one will be ruined if it isn't already. It's on one of those vehicles without a spare. He said he was charged $100 for the nitrogen by the dealer when he bought this Nissan.

He will get to purchase this education as he's already put a 100 dollar down payment on it.

Old 10-25-2021, 09:56 AM   #4680

Should have told him you use a custom blend that includes 78% nitrogen and other secret ingredients.

Tags
tire

« cute joke(s) | - »