Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-12-2023, 01:38 PM   #6901
Site Team

Had a customer come in to get a tire he had in his trunk, mounted on his passenger rear wheel.

As I am about to let the air out of the tire, he warns me of the gas inside it, so I don't breathe it in.

He now tells me his tire has nitrous oxide in it. That is a new one on me and I ask who put that in it. He tells me another tire place did, and they had put a green valve cap on it to alert others about it.

He was warning me so I wouldn't be affected by the laughing gas inside the tire........but that didn't work as I did laugh and am still laughing at him thinking it had nitrous oxide.

Are ya laughing too?

P.S. He may be on to something. Tire shops would be much happier places if there was a lot of nitrous oxide floating around. Maybe we should merge with a dentist and change the signage. "Tires and Teeth repaired here".

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
wmtire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2023, 02:25 PM   #6902
Site Team

It's 1.5 miles between my shop and the other WM tire place.

That's the distance a customer drove...on a flat tire, to get from them to me.

She was rather upset that her tire was now ruined, but her anger was aimed at them and not moi.

They couldn't repair her tire and suggested she bring it to me. However, according to her, they neglected to tell her that she couldn't drive on it flat for 1.5 miles.

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
Old 01-12-2023, 02:37 PM   #6903
Site Team

They probably used the verb 'take' to mean "haul/carry" not "drive".

Nights Camped: '13 = 49/'14 = 74/'15 = 74/'16 = 85/'17 = 110/'18 = 111/'19 = 86/'20 =108/'21 = 115/'22 = 135/'23 = 78; Booked for 2024 = 69
Mr. Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2023, 03:35 PM   #6904
KSH

Found you a good one
Name:   tapatalk_-93617121.jpg
Views: 618
Size:  16.9 KB
KSH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2023, 05:01 PM   #6905

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmtire View Post
P.S. He may be on to something. Tire shops would be much happier places if there was a lot of nitrous oxide floating around. Maybe we should merge with a dentist and change the signage. "Tires and Teeth repaired here".
I can envision a rash of flat tires as people take to huffing tire air.
Old 01-12-2023, 06:30 PM   #6906
Mopar Guy

Quote:
It's 1.5 miles between my shop and the other WM tire place.

That's the distance a customer drove...on a flat tire, to get from them to me.

She was rather upset that her tire was now ruined, but her anger was aimed at them and not moi.

They couldn't repair her tire and suggested she bring it to me. However, according to her, they neglected to tell her that she couldn't drive on it flat for 1.5 miles.
dont forget the 5 miles she drove on the flat to get there...
Cost4133 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2023, 08:50 PM   #6907

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jfkmk View Post
I actually saw someone doing this. Fortunately, it was during heave rush hour traffic and cars were barely moving, but the guy was actually changing his tire in the middle lane.
Probably surrounded by inconsiderate drivers that refused to give him room to get to the shoulder.

Lots of that in some cities.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Forest River Forums mobile app

"You only grow old when you run out of new things to do"

2018 Flagstaff Micro Lite 25BDS
2023 f-150 SCREW XLT 3.5 Ecoboost (The result of a $68,000 oil change)
TitanMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2023, 08:51 PM   #6908

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jfkmk View Post
I can envision a rash of flat tires as people take to huffing tire air.
The way some drive I think they already do.

"You only grow old when you run out of new things to do"

2018 Flagstaff Micro Lite 25BDS
2023 f-150 SCREW XLT 3.5 Ecoboost (The result of a $68,000 oil change)
TitanMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2023, 09:50 PM   #6909

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanMike View Post
Probably surrounded by inconsiderate drivers that refused to give him room to get to the shoulder.

Lots of that in some cities.

Could be, but with the heavy rush hour traffic they certainly could have made their way to the shoulder. Probably a classic mix of stupidity and inconsiderate drivers.
Old 01-12-2023, 09:51 PM   #6910

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanMike View Post
The way some drive I think they already do.

Old 01-16-2023, 10:11 AM   #6911
Site Team

Not a Monday story, but a Saturday night story at the other WM place. I went in there to get a picture frame which was under $4 but it cost me more than that by the time you finish reading. When I went to check out, there was a huge line with about 20-25 people waiting to get to the self checkouts. There were 3 staffed checkout lines operating and I tried to use the one with the least amount of people ahead of me with the least amount of items. I did not choose wisely.

Anyhoo the women directly ahead of me, when it got her turn, left about six items in her buggy as the cashier was scanning her other stuff. I was wondering if she was attempting to steal those items, by not unloading them to be scanned. I was kinda smiling at the thought of getting to witness this. That smile would soon be wiped off my face.

When it got time to pay, sure enough those six items were still in the buggy... unscanned. The woman went to pay with some card and I think her adult son walked up at this time too as he was standing with her. Her card came up short and the cashier told her what she needed to pay in difference. The woman then pulled out another card, and it was declined so she was still short. This woman then pulls the six unscanned items out of her buggy to get scanned. Here is where the smile left me, cause if she was short earlier she is going to be even more short now when these items were added.....which she was. She acts surprised at this when the cashier gives her an even new higher total to pay..

The woman now starts telling the cashier to refund stuff, since she has no money. I start scoping out the other lines to see if I can move, as I know this is about to get extremely time consuming, as the cashier is starting to descan items now. The woman wants to keep some of those six items that were last scanned, and refund other previous things. The cashier is telling her she cannot take off things that were already paid for from her first card, but just the last things that are still not paid for.

I cannot find another line to move that is not backed way up now, as is this one I am in, with many other frustrated customers behind me. This woman digs out about $5 and some change out of her purse, but is still arguing about wanting to keep some of those last items and refund earlier ones. The cashier tells her she will have to go to the refund desk to do that as they are already paid for.

The villagers other people in line, are about to get the pitchforks out. I think I am going to be leading the revolt myself. WM probably does sell feathers but I am not sure about tar.

I ask the cashier how much does this woman owe at this point which was $10.22. I pull out a tenner from my wallet and hand the cashier, and then tell the woman to give the cashier .22 cents as I saw it in her hand. The woman says that I didn't have to do that.....and I thought to myself, that yes I do if I ever want to get out of here. She gives the cashier the .22 cents and thanks me for doing that for her. I just nod in acknowledgment.

It was now I get the funny ending to this story. As the woman and her son walk off, the WM cashier "Thanks me so much for paying for her and getting her out of there". I kinda laugh and tell the cashier she is welcome. The guy directly behind me also thanks me.

So my $4 picture frame cost me $14 at the end. But ya get a story out of it, and I got 3 people thanking me.

P.S. I forgot to tell ya that one of the last six things she was so adamant about keeping was some BC powders. I should have bought them for myself, since I was the one with the headache when it was all said and done.

Old 01-16-2023, 10:40 AM   #6912
Director, FROG

Apparently your super power of making money appear magically in other people's pockets doesn't work outside of the walls of your shop.

I hope word of your good deed doesn't get out around town. People will start asking you to pay for their tires rather than straining to perform your magic. Granted, it will cost you a lot, but at least you'll get to keep the profit from each sale.

(Sort of a variation on the old, "We lose money on every sale, but we make it up in volume." )

Bob Byrne
Director, Forest River Owners' Group (FROG)
frog@forestriverinc.com
www.forestriverfrog.com
F.R.O.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2023, 10:42 AM   #6913
Pickin', Campin', Mason

Nice of you to spot the $10.

A cashier friend of ours has indicated the new "thing" for some folks in check out lines is to "come up a little short" and cause a scene hoping someone behind them will pay the extra to get them out of the line. She indicated it works more often than not and especially so when the store is busy with full self check out lines and few cashiers running regular lines.

Days Camped '19=118 '20=116 '21=123 '22=134 '23=118 '24=90
5picker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2023, 10:43 AM   #6914
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by F.R.O.G. View Post
Apparently your super power of making money appear magically in other people's pockets doesn't work outside of the walls of your shop.
I think the magic money mojo only works here if I am the one it is owed to. The other WM place must have a form of it too, since they did make money appear....from me.

Old 01-16-2023, 10:51 AM   #6915
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5picker View Post
Nice of you to spot the $10.

A cashier friend of ours has indicated the new "thing" for some folks in check out lines is to "come up a little short" and cause a scene hoping someone behind them will pay the extra to get them out of the line. She indicated it works more often than not and especially so when the store is busy with full self check out lines and few cashiers running regular lines.
I don't feel this was the case here, but I have had a woman scam me before so it does happen. If it only cost me $10, I feel I got off lucky compared to the ex.

Old 01-16-2023, 11:23 AM   #6916

Can you meet me at my local WM in a couple of hours
planning my shopping list now.

How much can I plan ?
Old 01-16-2023, 12:34 PM   #6917
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussieguy View Post

How much can I plan ?
Sorry, but in case you haven't heard "Charity begins at home!"

Old 01-16-2023, 01:00 PM   #6918

I get that times are tough right now, I’ve been there while trying to raise two kids. However, I can use a calculator and often tracked things to the penny while deciding which items were more important than the next. Yes, it took me longer to shop, but I never had to put things back once reaching the register. Seems like simple math is a thing of the past.
Bless you for helping her out, I hope she appreciates it.

Happiness is just a ride away!
Sharon455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2023, 02:30 PM   #6919
Director, FROG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussieguy View Post

How much can I plan ?
Quote:
Sorry, but in case you haven't heard "Charity begins at home!"
Aussieguy, it sounds as if Bobby wants you to stop by his house so that he can drive you to the other WM. What a guy!

Bob Byrne
Director, Forest River Owners' Group (FROG)
frog@forestriverinc.com
www.forestriverfrog.com
F.R.O.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2023, 02:45 PM   #6920

bit rough... how am I gonna afford gas to AL if I can't afford groceries....
maybe Doughboy will cough up some BBQ to sweeten the deal.

Tags
tire

« cute joke(s) | - »