Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-13-2024, 09:05 AM   #9541

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jfkmk View Post
Although he might try!! You never know.

But should not...........

2005 Dodge 3500 Cummins
2017 Wildwood Lodge 4092 BFL
1966 Mustang GT
1986 Mustang SVO
Lillie Spoiled Rotten Boxer Mix
Oaklevel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2024, 09:08 AM   #9542
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by ken64k View Post
, they are 15 degrees ATDC
The last one was a little more than that. Let me grab a camera shot to show ya. Stay tuned

I want to go to Bora-Bora, but I知 too Pora-Pora.
wmtire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2024, 09:15 AM   #9543
Site Team

Ya see his passenger front tire is completely flat and he is driving on his rim. Let me get to a computer and tell this tale of how clueless he was.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20240614_091302_Night Owl Protect.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	165.9 KB
ID:	300966  

Old 06-14-2024, 10:54 AM   #9544
Site Team

Ok, this guy in the red car appeared to be in his mid-thirties or so (age not IQ but ya can tell me as you read on)

He said he was driving home last night and his car started making a noise. When he came out this morning, he saw a flat spot on his tire.....and could that be why it was making a noise? He drove it to me and as it was still making a noise and was hard to steer.

Okay, get your initial laughs all out, as it gets better (or worse)

This guy had hit his rim so hard on something that it bent the aluminum as when it was on the balancer, you could see it wobbling. I showed him the impact mark on the rim and he said he didn't think that he hit anything.

When I went to put it back on the car, I also noticed the whole wheel was sitting too far back in the wheel well and almost hitting the plastic wheel well protector. He had plenty of room on the driver side though. I also pointed this out, that he has probably broke something when he hit whatever it was he did.

He looks me straight in the eye, and says "I didn't hit anything, but I do remember running up near a curb."

Old 06-14-2024, 11:15 AM   #9545

The more I read, the more I realized an IQ of somewhere in the mid-30s is being way too generous. Frankly, I was waiting for you to say he told you it was only flat on the bottom.
Old 06-14-2024, 11:22 AM   #9546
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jfkmk View Post
Frankly, I was waiting for you to say he told you it was only flat on the bottom.
I think that IS what he was meaning when he said a flat spot.

Old 06-14-2024, 12:16 PM   #9547

That's not the only flat spot that guy is dealing with.
Mookie58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2024, 12:23 PM   #9548
Defender of America

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmtire View Post
Ok, this guy in the red car appeared to be in his mid-thirties or so (age not IQ but ya can tell me as you read on)

He said he was driving home last night and his car started making a noise. When he came out this morning, he saw a flat spot on his tire.....and could that be why it was making a noise? He drove it to me and as it was still making a noise and was hard to steer.

This guy had hit his rim so hard on something that it bent the aluminum as when it was on the balancer, you could see it wobbling. I showed him the impact mark on the rim and he said he didn't think that he hit anything.

When I went to put it back on the car, I also noticed the whole wheel was sitting too far back in the wheel well and almost hitting the plastic wheel well protector. He had plenty of room on the driver side though. I also pointed this out, that he has probably broke something when he hit whatever it was he did.

He looks me straight in the eye, and says "I didn't hit anything, but I do remember running up near a curb."
I deal with a large number of "customers" that have all kinds of stories about why "X" happened. As I listen to them explain; I have difficult time concentrating on what they are telling me because it's so outrageous. To the point you want to scream - "No it did not happen like that!" But, I have learned over the years to just agree with them and say; "If you'd like me to help you fix (correct) that, I'll need a credit card deposit of $XXX.00" The story usually ends and the pleading begins.
Centerline TS WDH
Nick Danger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2024, 12:57 PM   #9549
Site Team

The problem with those flat spots is they always seem to stay on the bottom of the tire no matter how far you drive.

2015 Freedom Express 248RBS
TV 2015 Silverado HD2500 Duramax
TST Tire Monitors
Honda 2000I + Companion
2 100W solar panels
Flybob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2024, 01:16 PM   #9550
Site Team

I tried to do the guy who just left a favor, but he is bound and determined to mess things up.

He came in wanting me to take his "new" spare tire out from underneath his truck and put it on his passenger rear aluminum rim, that currently had a slick tire on it. He said he could not afford to buy a tire right now.

I asked him if he had ever used his spare and he said no, as it was a brand new tire. Yeah brand new.......back in 2004.

Here is where I did him the unpaid favor. He didn't have his tools to lower the spare tire.....and even though I do have such, I said I needed his tools. I wanted no part of helping him possibly put that 20+ year old tire on his truck. That may be me or mine that he hits when it peels off and he wrecks.

I asked him where his tools where and he told me he sold them to a friend awhile back.

Old 06-14-2024, 01:28 PM   #9551

Quote:
... He looks me straight in the eye, and says "I didn't hit anything, but I do remember running up near a curb."
Was that by chance YOUR curb?

Camping nights: 2021, 52; 2022, 99; 2023, 88; 2024, TBD (Est: 80+)

chriscowles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2024, 01:55 PM   #9552
Site Team

Fun Fact. A U.S. penny is 3/4 (0.75) of an inch in diameter while a quarter is 0.955 of an inch in diameter.

I point this out for scale in this customers pic. He had tried to plug his tire with 3/4 inch tear in it. He is upset with me cause I refused to try and patch it now. He is out in his vehicle on the phone while I am sharing this lovely experience with ya

Who is going to be the first one to now lay 16 pennies in a row and see if they measure a foot aka 12 inches as I'm stating. Please show your work. Lol
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20240614_134141.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	323.9 KB
ID:	300979  

Old 06-14-2024, 02:38 PM   #9553

Quote:
Fun Fact. A U.S. penny is 3/4 (0.75) of an inch in diameter while a quarter is 0.955 of an inch in diameter.

I point this out for scale in this customers pic. He had tried to plug his tire with 3/4 inch tear in it. He is upset with me cause I refused to try and patch it now. He is out in his vehicle on the phone while I am sharing this lovely experience with ya

Who is going to be the first one to now lay 16 pennies in a row and see if they measure a foot aka 12 inches as I'm stating. Please show your work. Lol
ill play
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	pennys.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	458.3 KB
ID:	300983  
rcrupper1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2024, 02:38 PM   #9554
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriscowles View Post
Was that by chance YOUR curb?
He didn't say it was, so not sure. I figure if it had been, he'd been trying to get a free tire.

Just a FYI, I own zero roadside curbs. They belong to the State of Louisiana.

Now if hit the curbs up by the building..........

Old 06-14-2024, 02:39 PM   #9555
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcrupper1 View Post
ill play
EXCELLENT!!!! rcrupper1 gets an A for homework. Did you already know this fun fact?

Old 06-14-2024, 02:58 PM   #9556

Quote:

Admission of responsibility is really hard for some people. It always amazes me when we call the insurance company that they are so sympathetic and non-critical.
Larry-NC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2024, 03:40 PM   #9557
Site Team

Just sold a used tire to my favorite serial killer.

Let me explain as this goes back many years. This guy came in here years ago wanting a flat tire repaired. He was giving me a story of how his wife had just passed away the night before and he got the flat at the hospital. I felt for him and comped him the repair price.

The next time he came in, it was the same story. He had just lost his wife the previous night and the tire was messed up at the hospital. I did remember him telling me the same tale before, as that's not something you forget unless you work in the medical field or mortuary biz where it's common.

He has tried the exact same thing several more times, and it became a running joke with a previous manager of mine, who nicknamed him "The Michelin Murderer".

He just came in here wanting a tire repaired, and he brought the same old 'he just lost his wife last night' routine with him. I almost called him out on just how many wives he's lost but bit my tongue, His tire had a nail in the sidewall and he had to purchase one, but not without really trying to sell the dead wife sympathy/discount thing some more.

This did give me a chuckle as I haven't seen him in awhile.

I charged him regular price and he left......I guess to find a new wife to murder (in his mind).

Old 06-14-2024, 08:06 PM   #9558

Quote:
Well crud. It happened. I snapped. I called a customer a moron to their face. I'll type it up later when I simmer a bit.
You may have to turn in your bunny suit!

Do you prefer Lifebouy, Lux or Polmolive?

rracer5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2024, 02:13 AM   #9559
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by rracer5 View Post
You may have to turn in your bunny suit!

Do you prefer Lifebouy, Lux or Polmolive?

It's funny you should mention that, as this movie NOW holds a whole different level of appreciation for me. I told ya that my Christmas present last year from my daughter was an overnight stay there in The Christmas Story House in Cleveland, which is my movie shrine so to speak.

My first grand baby was just born May 31, and is two weeks old. I got to thinking of this Wednesday and asked my daughter how many weeks was she pregnant, which she said 39 weeks. When I looked at a calendar and backed up 39 weeks, it was to the EXACT day we all spent the night in the house.

I asked them about this in a group text and her first response was "this just got awkward". I assured them it was not awkward, and I thought it was great but only them two knew if it was true. She replied back that she did know but was not telling. He sent me a gif that said "Maybeee" along with another gif of Randy doing the piggy eating scene from the movie and laughing. She then said I may be right.

I was telling some friends about this and one commented it was my fault. I made them both wear bunny pajamas so it should be no surprise if they behaved like rabbits.

So I have the best story ever, that I got to stay in the house but it is also where my grand son was conceived. It was the best WIN-WIN ever for me. I may have to nickname my grandson Ralphie.

And to answer the question: Over the years I got to be quite a connoisseur of soap. My personal preference was for Lux, but I found Palmolive had a nice, piquant after-dinner flavor heady, but with just a touch of mellow smoothness. Lifebuoy, on the other handYECCHH!

Fun Fact taken from the movie clip you referenced. If you visit/tour the house, and pick up the phone they have there on the wall at the staircase, you hear a recording of Schwartz's mom from the movie screaming at her son as per your youtube clip.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20230902_044234.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	200.1 KB
ID:	300995  

Old 06-15-2024, 05:30 AM   #9560

Quote:
Just sold a used tire to my favorite serial killer.

Let me explain as this goes back many years. This guy came in here years ago wanting a flat tire repaired. He was giving me a story of how his wife had just passed away the night before and he got the flat at the hospital. I felt for him and comped him the repair price.

The next time he came in, it was the same story. He had just lost his wife the previous night and the tire was messed up at the hospital. I did remember him telling me the same tale before, as that's not something you forget unless you work in the medical field or mortuary biz where it's common.

He has tried the exact same thing several more times, and it became a running joke with a previous manager of mine, who nicknamed him "The Michelin Murderer".

He just came in here wanting a tire repaired, and he brought the same old 'he just lost his wife last night' routine with him. I almost called him out on just how many wives he's lost but bit my tongue, His tire had a nail in the sidewall and he had to purchase one, but not without really trying to sell the dead wife sympathy/discount thing some more.

This did give me a chuckle as I haven't seen him in awhile.

I charged him regular price and he left......I guess to find a new wife to murder (in his mind).
Your story reminds me of a guy I worked with that almost once a year had to have off for the death of his grandmother, some of us wondered how many he actually had?????
dblr is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tire

« cute joke(s) | - »