Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-19-2020, 02:23 PM   #1041
Kasual Kamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by CurtPutnam View Post
Hear in suburban Los Angeles, my wife ran over a screwdriver getting off the freeway - all on the pavement. The screwdriver penetrated the tire and the rim.
Wow! Must have been a Craftsman screwdriver to penetrate a steel rim.
JayArras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2020, 02:33 PM   #1042

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biker View Post
Our crew was re-roofing and apartment building. Young kid comes flying in the driveway past all of our trucks. He gets out of his car and starts yelling he has a nail in his tire and we owe him a new tire. How did he know? He just got out of his car and started yelling, he never looked at the tire.
So the crew leader went and looked at the tire, sure enough there was a nail in it. A finishing nail, not a roofing nail. No hissing noise at all. So our guy pulled out his pliers, yanked out the nail (then the hissing started) and handed it to the kid. Our guy says "its a finishing nail and we are using roofing nails."
Kid tried to argue but he had nothing. Then he went into his unit.
The tire was flat when our crew arrived the next day.
Kid most likely didn't know the difference between a finishing nail and and a roofing nail.
Dakota 1120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2020, 02:54 PM   #1043
Multi-Slacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayArras View Post
Wow! Must have been a Craftsman screwdriver to penetrate a steel rim.
Actually, it was. I say was, because it, too, demised during the process. I was going to keep it, but of what value was a bent, flat head screwdriver?
Old 02-19-2020, 03:10 PM   #1044
Kasual Kamper

Quote:
Actually, it was. I say was, because it, too, demised during the process. I was going to keep it, but of what value was a bent, flat head screwdriver?
Actually, Craftsman tools are (or used to be) guaranteed for life. If you brought it into a Sears store, they would give you a brand new one.
Old 02-19-2020, 03:11 PM   #1045

Quote:
Was the Craftsman screwdriver bent?

For sure, a Snap On would not have.
Old 02-19-2020, 03:23 PM   #1046
Kasual Kamper

No, it would have snapped.....Seriously! Forged steel shanks will snap before they bend. Ask me how I know.
Old 02-19-2020, 03:30 PM   #1047
Site Team

Quote:
Actually, Craftsman tools are (or used to be) guaranteed for life. If you brought it into a Sears store, they would give you a brand new one.
They still are. I just recently took a socket wrench and a cracked socket to a Lowes and got a free replacement.

It was a bit of an ordeal though since it was an older wrench and they didn't have one exactly like it. The lady at the return desk struggled a bit with it but I ended up walking out with replacements for both the wrench and the socket.

When I did the same thing at Sears they would actually repair the wrench and simply replace the socket.
Iwritecode is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2020, 04:27 PM   #1048
Multi-Slacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakota 1120 View Post
Was the Craftsman screwdriver bent?

For sure, a Snap On would not have.
Yes, it was bent. It was not mine so it did not occur to me to request a replacement from Sears.

A couple lifetimes ago, I had a boss who bent a brand new Crafstman ½" drice ratchet wrench. When he took it in, the salesman got him the new wrench and asked how long the cheater bar was. Boss answered 4 feet.
Old 02-19-2020, 04:27 PM   #1049

Quote:
No, it would have snapped.....Seriously! Forged steel shanks will snap before they bend. Ask me how I know.
Been there, done that
Old 02-19-2020, 04:40 PM   #1050

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
They still are. I just recently took a socket wrench and a cracked socket to a Lowes and got a free replacement.

It was a bit of an ordeal though since it was an older wrench and they didn't have one exactly like it. The lady at the return desk struggled a bit with it but I ended up walking out with replacements for both the wrench and the socket.

When I did the same thing at Sears they would actually repair the wrench and simply replace the socket.
About ten years ago my brother found a 40 year old broken (the threads were broken) craftsman bench vice in a house he was working on, they were going to throw it away, he took it to a sears store and they replaced it with one that was a heavy duty newer model because of course they didn't have that same one in stock any more.
wildcatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2020, 04:56 PM   #1051

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dan View Post
... but I think we'd be surprised by what people will try along those lines - and with perfectly clear conscience.
I once bought a paint gun from Walmart, I just need a cheap gun to spray primer on a car that I was working on at home, got it home, the box was glued shut (didn't notice this when purchasing) instead of stapled, Finally got it opened and the paint gun was used old, had dried paint in it and not even the same model that I had purchased. I took it back and had to argue with them like hell but I did get it replaced but I got it replaced.
wildcatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2020, 06:42 PM   #1052
waybeck2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmtire View Post
You'll get a kick out of my last guy yesterday. He wanted us to order him a $1200 set of BF Goodrich tires. When I went to ring him up he said he was going to pay it out in terms. Told him we don't do terms.

He then starts naming who will vouch for him, but I again tell him we don't do terms. Go to Rent&Roll Tire, as they do terms and advertise everyone is approved.

He then tells me R&R denied him.... So that tells me he has had them repo or something else before with them.... as they approve everyone... except him

What a time waster.

When I pass through NE Louisiana I am going to find WMTire business, sit in a chair outside and observe the loonies he tells about. And I may even buy a set of Goodyear Endurance while there (if he gives me a Military Discount !!)

Looking Forward to Completing This Map Soon !
waybeck2018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2020, 07:47 PM   #1053

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmtire View Post
I think I saw something similar in my marriage license.
Wait. Did you marry my ex-wife?
JWood422 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2020, 08:19 PM   #1054

Quote:
Originally Posted by waybeck2018 View Post
When I pass through NE Louisiana I am going to find WMTire business, sit in a chair outside and observe the loonies he tells about. And I may even buy a set of Goodyear Endurance while there (if he gives me a Military Discount !!)
He has good chairs inside the wait area that you can take outside to sit in.

2016 F350 CC Dually Powerstroke 4x4
2014 Cedar Creek 34RLSA w/Level Up
2007 HD Ultra Classic 103
USS Pyro AE-24 WestPac MM2 '71-'75
SlowrideHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2020, 09:35 PM   #1055

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowrideHD View Post
He has good chairs inside the wait area that you can take outside to sit in.
You can only take them outside if you plan to smoke and not bring them back inside.[emoji16]
dbledan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2020, 12:04 AM   #1056
KSH

Good modClick image for larger version

Name:	tapatalk_1249121382.jpg
Views:	229
Size:	66.1 KB
ID:	223774
KSH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2020, 02:21 AM   #1057

[(partial) QUOTE=CurtPutnam;2272073] ... but of what value was a bent, flat head screwdriver?[/QUOTE]

Actually, what good is a flat head screwdriver even if it's not bent? The guy that invented the flat head should have his head flattened.

Of course, those who only have butter knives might disagree ...
PatrickY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2020, 08:32 AM   #1058

[(partial) QUOTE=CurtPutnam;2272073] ... but of what value was a bent, flat head screwdriver?[/QUOTE]

Factually, I once bent a flat head screwdriver on purpose to allow carb. adjustment on a motorcycle .... allowing the adjustment without removing the air filter housing.
:-)
Old 02-22-2020, 09:48 AM   #1059

I once had a flat head screwdriver that was worn took back to sears and clerk refused to replace it. I took it from him and went over to a shelving unit and snapped it off giving it back to the clerk and telling him it's broke now! guess what he then replaced it. I guess the older screwdrivers were harder back then to have snapped so easy.

2001 Ford F-350 DRW 7.3
2011 25 RL Wildcat
former fiver 1976 Fourwinds had for 35 years
onetonford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2020, 10:31 AM   #1060

I was at one of my grand son's baseball games. Game over, everyone leaving. A mother packs her kid into a blinged out Tahoe that had wheels I'm guessing cost a couple grand each. Fancy, highly polished spokes, that extended out beyond the plane of the tire sidewall.

As she left she rubbed both right side wheels against the curb for a good 20 or more feet. You could hear the grinding all over the parking lot.

Wonder what the conversation was like when she got home?
Quote:
Originally Posted by KSH View Post

"You only grow old when you run out of new things to do"

2018 Flagstaff Micro Lite 25BDS
2023 f-150 SCREW XLT 3.5 Ecoboost (The result of a $68,000 oil change)
TitanMike is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tire

« cute joke(s) | - »