Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-03-2020, 08:39 AM   #2161
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWolfPaq82 View Post
Are Crawdads the Veal of the Lobster world ?
They used to be called the poor man's lobster.....but as high as they have gotten in the last several years, I would dispute that adage.

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
wmtire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2020, 09:51 AM   #2162

Ill have to say when we were there a couple year ago and ordered our big bowl of crawfish that they were the best !!

But in saying that the work it took for the reward was really not worth it to me!

Russell
CAT-RN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2020, 01:13 PM   #2163

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmtire View Post
We also have great food including crawdads, mosquitos large enough to require an FAA transponder, excellent jazz, and the best A&M college in the south

Up here in Michigan, we have skeeters that rip roofs off houses to access dinner... At least that's what they say in a song by that famous singing group Da Yoopers.
S.E. Mich. Flagstaff 26FKWS / 2022 F-150 3.5 EcoBoost SCrew Propride
SailorSam20500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2020, 03:25 PM   #2164

Talking Thursday at the Tire Shop

First, on my way to the tire shop, I'm stopped at a signal and I hear an approaching sound: whap whap whap. . . I figure the guy is following me to the tire dealer because he really needs one, but no, he turns. Tire not flat but had a piece hitting the body.

While sitting outside waiting for 2 new tires, a big diesel pickup pulls in and hands a tire and rim to the owner. He says he'll pick it up tomorrow and ,get this, "It's just a spare". Now where have I heard that before.
Former owner of 2016 Wildwood X-Lite 231RKXL
pwoods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2020, 12:39 PM   #2165
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwoods View Post
Now where have I heard that before.
I give up, where?. Lol

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
Old 09-04-2020, 12:48 PM   #2166
Site Team

I can understand maybe being broke, but judging by the amount of fuel this person has used, not sure that is really the issue.

They supposedly have a trailer with a blown out tire and broke down on side of interstate. They have to get it moved or the state police are going to have it towed....according to them

He has been here four times already, pricing the tire....and a used one at that. He keeps offering me less money than I am asking. I refuse and he leaves saying he will buy one elsewhere... But keeps coming back.

If my alternative was to give the tire guy $9 more dollars or have a towing bill of several hundred to pay, it's a no brainier for me.

Something just ain't computing here

Old 09-04-2020, 01:51 PM   #2167
Multi-Slacker

The food and music in LA are superb, the climate not so much, at least for what is basically a desert rat.
Old 09-04-2020, 02:17 PM   #2168

Quote:
I can understand maybe being broke, but judging by the amount of fuel this person has used, not sure that is really the issue.

They supposedly have a trailer with a blown out tire and broke down on side of interstate. They have to get it moved or the state police are going to have it towed....according to them

He has been here four times already, pricing the tire....and a used one at that. He keeps offering me less money than I am asking. I refuse and he leaves saying he will buy one elsewhere... But keeps coming back.

If my alternative was to give the tire guy $9 more dollars or have a towing bill of several hundred to pay, it's a no brainier for me.

Apparently you were dealing with a "no brainer".

I've run into people like that before. They often wear slip on shoes as tying laces is just too complicated.

Even if I were stone broke and faced with a tow bill like this dude is, I'd find a pawn shop and hock something so I didn't end up with a bill just slightly less than the national debt.

Wonder if he thought of making a cardboard sign saying "I need $9 more for a tire so I can get this out of your way" then sitting on the trailer while traffic passes by. SOMEONE might just stop and give him a "sawbuck".

"You only grow old when you run out of new things to do"

2018 Flagstaff Micro Lite 25BDS
2023 f-150 SCREW XLT 3.5 Ecoboost (The result of a $68,000 oil change)
TitanMike is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2020, 04:07 PM   #2169
Enjoying Life

Quote:

Change the price to $XX.98. He will think he got a bargain>

2006 Durango HEMI

TeachTexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2020, 09:08 AM   #2170

Quote:
Lol, I was baiting with that comment. Many people know of Texas A&M, but not of Louisiana A&M .......which fyi is LSU.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Louisi...ate_University
I live in Gainesville. Neither come close to our local A&M. <smile>

Camping nights: 2021, 52; 2022, 99; 2023, 88; 2024, TBD (Est: 80+)

chriscowles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2020, 09:10 AM   #2171

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAT-RN View Post
Ill have to say when we were there a couple year ago and ordered our big bowl of crawfish that they were the best !!

But in saying that the work it took for the reward was really not worth it to me!

Russell
I lived in Houston for the first half of my career and came to the conclusion that dropping a lobster in a pot with crawfish spices was a lot more efficient way to eat well.

Camping nights: 2021, 52; 2022, 99; 2023, 88; 2024, TBD (Est: 80+)

chriscowles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2020, 10:15 AM   #2172
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeachTexas View Post
Change the price to $XX.98. He will think he got a bargain>
He came back yesterday, pulling the trailer with the messed up tire. We replaced it and he paid the cost. He must have finally figured the math

Old 09-05-2020, 11:35 AM   #2173

Quote:
He came back yesterday, pulling the trailer with the messed up tire. We replaced it and he paid the cost. He must have finally figured the math
More likely the reality finally penetrated the dense mass between his ears with no particular effort on his part.

Old 09-05-2020, 11:55 AM   #2174
Site Team

This one is going to be fun. We an hour away from closing, and Monday is a holiday. Had a very frustrated mom in here awhile ago. She had called earlier needing two new tires, and said she had a tempo spare on her vehicle.

When she gets here, there is no full size tire/wheel in her vehicle. She said her husband left it at his shop.

She lets us replace the other tire, and said she would go get the full size tire.....and she would just pay for both tires. She went to pay with a cash/credit card mixture. The cc declined. The cash wasn't enough to cover cover the one tire already mounted.

We were finally able to get the cc to approved for enough to finish out the price of the one.....but are losing time on this process.

She now is attempting to drive back to her house, which is 25-30 minutes away and return by noon, as well as get more cash.

And during all this, she had a younger child running everywhere, as well as grabbing rocks in the driveway and throwing them at her car and my shop. I was trying to get my guy to help watch him while we were attempting to get her cc approved.

He told me her son was also throwing rocks at him.

Old 09-05-2020, 01:49 PM   #2175

Quote:

And during all this, she had a younger child running everywhere, as well as grabbing rocks in the driveway and throwing them at her car and my shop. I was trying to get my guy to help watch him while we were attempting to get her cc approved.

He told me her son was also throwing rocks at him.
Put the kid in the tire inflation safety cage and duct tape him in.

Some people should be required to keep their kids on a leash. As a rule dogs behave better than many kids.

Old 09-09-2020, 07:25 PM   #2176
Site Team

Quote:
Ha. I have had the building ran into with major damage three (edit four) times. Mostly from people losing control on the road and then taking out the building. Same thing as I have had a flashing letter sign took out, as well as had one of our tire trailers smashed into. The same girl took out the sign and hit the trailer although they are 30 yards apart. She went thru the sign and the trailer finally stopped her progress

This same woman showed up today wanting two tires. I wouldn't have recognized her from years ago, when she hit my sign and trailer, but I overheard her telling my employee she did it.

The years haven't helped her, she was still as ditzy and undecided as I recall her being. She wanted two tires, then changed her mind after we started and only wanted one. Said she didn't have enough money. After we get finished and need to get the next customer inside the shop, she changes her mind again and wants two tires. She pays cash for both.

When we finish up the second time, I tell my employee to tell her she is thru and can go. After I notice she doesn't come and get in her vehicle, I go up front and she is just sitting there. I again tell her she is ready and she says she knows, but continues to sit there.

Finally she leaves after I tell her yet a third time, and add I need my bay free.

Old 09-09-2020, 07:53 PM   #2177
NXR

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmtire;2410220T
I again tell her she is ready and she says she knows, but continues to sit there.

Finally she leaves after I tell her yet a third time, and add I need my bay free.
Sounds like she has a crush on you. Or is it a crash?

Ray
Old 09-09-2020, 08:14 PM   #2178
Site Team

I think she likes your waiting room chairs — after seeing them sitting in the yard.

Nights Camped: '13 = 49/'14 = 74/'15 = 74/'16 = 85/'17 = 110/'18 = 111/'19 = 86/'20 =108/'21 = 115/'22 = 135/'23 = 78; Booked for 2024 = 69
Mr. Dan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2020, 10:34 PM   #2179

Maybe she was waiting for someone to back her car out of the bay so she didnt back into your sign again?
dbledan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2020, 06:27 AM   #2180

Mondays at the tire shop

Do you loses sleep Bobby putting some of those customers back out on the street even though they have better tires.

Im sure you have “homes away from home” for some of them in your parishes??

Russell.
CAT-RN is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tire

« cute joke(s) | - »