Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-21-2020, 09:50 AM   #2241

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanMike View Post
Beware. She could be single and may be your next ex-wife.
Something like this ?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Resized952020022495145924 (002).jpg
Views:	173
Size:	72.5 KB
ID:	239655
TheWolfPaq82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2020, 10:10 AM   #2242
RV There Yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmtire View Post
Not at all. Tire has decent tread left. The truck is still here so I went a took a pic of tread. The customer supposedly went to find a rim. However that is a moot point as to tread depth as the tire is gouged down to the cords on the sidewall. The customer tried to silicone the flap of sidewall back. The tire has to be replaced cause of the gouge..Attachment 239649
thanks for sharing that! from your first picture the perspective makes it look like the tread is gone! its always amazing what people will do to try to save a buck and jeopardize their safety.
Old 09-21-2020, 01:44 PM   #2243
Site Team

The guy in the first truck with the cracked rim came back to get his Ford. He changed the story and now said another tire store most have done that a year ago.

Whatever happened, he jinxed the customer who was here in a dodge charger, getting a tire repair. His rim was also cracked, so that's two customers I lost.

Who knew cracked rims were contagious

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
wmtire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2020, 02:23 PM   #2244

Quote:
Originally Posted by IsleDog View Post
thanks for sharing that! from your first picture the perspective makes it look like the tread is gone! its always amazing what people will do to try to save a buck and jeopardize their safety.
After over four decades in the automotive business nothing amazes me anymore.

Tires are just one facet. Wait until you watch someone complain about the cost of a brake job when their drums/rotors are worn too badly to be turned and the proper shoes/pads cost more than they think they should.

They leave, go to the local parts store, buy the cheapest shoes/pads then go home and either DIY, have son, friend, neighbor, or who knows who, install them.

Think about all those vehicles approaching the intersection you are about to pass through or coming up behind you when traffic stops suddenly.

Just think, a major safety system on cars/trucks and ANYONE can work on them with no training or certification but in order to work on a vehicle air conditioning system you have to be certified or you can't buy the ingredient that makes it work.

Go figure.

"You only grow old when you run out of new things to do"

2018 Flagstaff Micro Lite 25BDS
2023 f-150 SCREW XLT 3.5 Ecoboost (The result of a $68,000 oil change)
TitanMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2020, 02:40 PM   #2245
waybeck2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWolfPaq82 View Post
I envy you Bobby. I love my job, but you have way more interesting days than I ever will. I do deal with some crazy stuff from some the PhD's I have to deal with.

ROFLMAO @ PhD's. Oh how I try to avoid them guys. Never a common sense comment comes out of their mouth.

Looking Forward to Completing This Map Soon !
waybeck2018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2020, 02:54 PM   #2246
waybeck2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jfkmk View Post
I read the Paul Harvey rest of the story 6 times and all i could fo is shake my head in disbelief. I would have popped a cork long before you did!

Being a retired CWO4 (Navy), this guy would have been "warrantized" on the second sentence. Just saying, enuff is enuff

Old 09-21-2020, 10:10 PM   #2247

Quote:
Originally Posted by waybeck2018 View Post
Being a retired CWO4 (Navy), this guy would have been "warrantized" on the second sentence. Just saying, enuff is enuff
Haha no such critter as a CWO4 has ever been sighted nor photographed. Highly elusive, mythical creatures. Only ever seen when coffee is involved.
Old 09-22-2020, 07:15 AM   #2248

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanMike View Post
After over four decades in the automotive business nothing amazes me anymore.

Tires are just one facet. Wait until you watch someone complain about the cost of a brake job when their drums/rotors are worn too badly to be turned and the proper shoes/pads cost more than they think they should.

They leave, go to the local parts store, buy the cheapest shoes/pads then go home and either DIY, have son, friend, neighbor, or who knows who, install them.

Think about all those vehicles approaching the intersection you are about to pass through or coming up behind you when traffic stops suddenly.

Just think, a major safety system on cars/trucks and ANYONE can work on them with no training or certification but in order to work on a vehicle air conditioning system you have to be certified or you can't buy the ingredient that makes it work.

Go figure.
Sadly, many “professional” jobs are sloppy and botched, and DIY is the way to ensure that the work is done correctly. I do the brake jobs and other repairs myself because I have seen many examples over the years of incompetence from trained professionals. I got very tired of having to redo the professional’s work or take it back in after I got the vehicle back from the shop. It’s DIY for me whenever possible. And that is especially true for any RV work.
Old 09-22-2020, 08:41 AM   #2249

Quote:
Originally Posted by BehindBars View Post
Sadly, many “professional” jobs are sloppy and botched, and DIY is the way to ensure that the work is done correctly. I do the brake jobs and other repairs myself because I have seen many examples over the years of incompetence from trained professionals. I got very tired of having to redo the professional’s work or take it back in after I got the vehicle back from the shop. It’s DIY for me whenever possible. And that is especially true for any RV work.
I agree with this completely, and is the reason I do almost all the work on my vehicles.

A couple of years ago, my wife's Honda had a recall that required an inspection. Of course the dealer does their "complimentary inpsection" to try to drum up more business. They recommended a new battery, which I had been planning to replace anyway due to age. The price was the same as if i bought the battery myself, so i said go for it.

A week or two later i was checking oil and other fluids and I noticed the battery terminals were both loose. I could have easily tightened them myself, but i wanted yo give them an earful. When I showed them the terminals and mentioned it could have left my wife stranded, they simply refused to say anything.

If you think that by bringing a vehicle or rv to a "professional" you will get professional service, youre only fooling yourself.
Jfkmk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2020, 08:48 AM   #2250
Site Team

Here’s hoping for more funny Mondays at the tire shop stories in this Jokes and Humor sub-forum. Maybe another odd duck will appear at wmtire’s store today.

Nights Camped: '13 = 49/'14 = 74/'15 = 74/'16 = 85/'17 = 110/'18 = 111/'19 = 86/'20 =108/'21 = 115/'22 = 135/'23 = 78; Booked for 2024 = 69
Mr. Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2020, 01:04 PM   #2251
waybeck2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck1032 View Post
Haha no such critter as a CWO4 has ever been sighted nor photographed. Highly elusive, mythical creatures. Only ever seen when coffee is involved.

Buck, I do love my coffee now! Our elusiveness is key to our success of being there when the rule breaker never expects it. And to act accordingly. 22 years of good times and a resultant happy life and retirement.

Old 09-22-2020, 02:09 PM   #2252

Quote:
Originally Posted by waybeck2018 View Post
Buck, I do love my coffee now! Our elusiveness is key to our success of being there when the rule breaker never expects it. And to act accordingly. 22 years of good times and a resultant happy life and retirement.

I was in training. CW3 when I gave it up
Old 09-22-2020, 03:04 PM   #2253
Site Team

Ok two things learned here. Don't lie to your mother, and if you do please don't bring me into it. This happens fairly frequently and I want to tell them if they lie about me they are going to end up on Mondays at the Tire Store.

Young man and his mother come up here in her Jeep, where he was saying some tires we sold him were no good and one he couldn't keep air in it. I guess he told the same story to mom.

However when we pulled it in, it was obvious as to the problem. He had ran moms Jeep off the road and had all kind of mud stuck in it. Even had it between the rim and tire as this is where it was leaking. When I told them this, he went into denial mode, as she was getting onto him.

However, when both shown this as in the pics, he went silent in his lying. He knew even mom wouldn't buy it now.

I got mom alone as she was paying the bill and explained that she needed to get him to clean all of that sand/mud off as it would wear on her brakes and rotor. She said she would and thanked me. Son never said another word to me. Go figure.Click image for larger version

Name:	20200922_144146_HDR.jpeg
Views:	150
Size:	59.4 KB
ID:	239728Click image for larger version

Name:	20200922_144154_HDR.jpeg
Views:	161
Size:	56.5 KB
ID:	239729

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
Old 09-22-2020, 05:36 PM   #2254

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwannacamp View Post
More and more houses with 2 masters and 2 living areas.

It really makes sense IF ONE could get along with the group to have a group home. Maybe 8 to 10 people. One mortgage. One set of utilities etc. Fun times outside with group. Hello. Extra yard help.
Problem is people get on peoples nerves.
I thought these were commonly referred to as “retirement” or “Old age” homes... hahahaha
Beachbourbon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2020, 05:44 PM   #2255
NXR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beachbourbon View Post
I thought these were commonly referred to as “retirement” or “Old age” homes... hahahaha
Or nursing homes...

Ray
Old 09-22-2020, 06:27 PM   #2256

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmtire View Post
Ok two things learned here. Don't lie to your mother, and if you do please don't bring me into it. This happens fairly frequently and I want to tell them if they lie about me they are going to end up on Mondays at the Tire Store.

Young man and his mother come up here in her Jeep, where he was saying some tires we sold him were no good and one he couldn't keep air in it. I guess he told the same story to mom.

However when we pulled it in, it was obvious as to the problem. He had ran moms Jeep off the road and had all kind of mud stuck in it. Even had it between the rim and tire as this is where it was leaking. When I told them this, he went into denial mode, as she was getting onto him.

However, when both shown this as in the pics, he went silent in his lying. He knew even mom wouldn't buy it now.

I got mom alone as she was paying the bill and explained that she needed to get him to clean all of that sand/mud off as it would wear on her brakes and rotor. She said she would and thanked me. Son never said another word to me. Go figure.Attachment 239728Attachment 239729
Yowza! You should never lie to your mom!
Old 09-22-2020, 06:34 PM   #2257

Quote:
Originally Posted by BehindBars View Post
Oh my... after 48 years in the auto repair business, 34 years at a GM/Euro car dealer & 14 years owning my own European repair shop I could tell stories you don't want to hear! The skill in repairing has evidently gone away. Finding knowledgeable people is impossible.
I always suggest to at least look over what was repaired on your vehicle before leaving the facilty whether it's autos or RV repairs, open the hood & look. Act like you know what your looking at even if you don't, you may see something left loose or not connected or find a tool left behind!
Since this started as a tire repair shop posting I will tell about a new employee I hired early on that perviously worked at a local tire shop so I had him check & repair a nail leak & the customer called about an hour later saying their tire is low again. When I checked it I found a tube patch floating around inside the tire! Of course the employee was standing there when I asked if he did this & he said that was how he repaired tire leaks at his last shop! We had the proper inside plug/patch kit right by the tire machine that he said he didn't see. This is when I learned never believe when a new employee tells you they have done that job before!

David & Mary Button - Ithaca NY
2011 Dynaquest XL 36' Freightliner
Cummins ISC 330HP/1000TQ
dbutton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2020, 09:08 AM   #2258
Site Team

Ya may get a kick from this last lady but I'm still scratching my head. She comes up here driving on a flat front passenger tire. She says she wants it repaired. I ask her how far she has driven it on a flat.

Her reply was "from her house." Well that's about a worthless piece of information to me so I ask her how far away was that.

Her next answer was along the lines of "not too far".

So now I have two questions that do me no good, so I go for broke and ask how just how far away is her house

Now she gets huffy and says she's not telling me where she lives. I explain I don't need to know where she lives but do need some idea of the distance she traveled with no air in the tire. She says she doesn't know that, and I realize it's time to stop.

I tell her the tire will need to be replaced or we need to put her spare on for her. She says she has no spare, and does agree to purchase a tire.

Now if you aren't laughing at all this, here's the kicker. I didn't have the size tire she needed, so she left and I started a new post.

P.S. if there are any good graphic artists reading this, any way you could make a graphic of a bat entering an outhouse with a cuckoo clock on front. That would describe what I was thinking when dealing with this customer.

Old 09-23-2020, 11:35 AM   #2259
Site Team

A new restaurant dropped off a menu awhile ago. Got to love the Deep South where we will fry everything. Pickles, oreos, twinkies, ding dongs, snickers, etcClick image for larger version

Name:	20200923_113117.jpeg
Views:	207
Size:	26.3 KB
ID:	239806

Old 09-23-2020, 11:38 AM   #2260
Site Team

And where else could you sell something called Aligator Balls and get away with it?

Tags
tire

« cute joke(s) | - »