Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-23-2020, 11:39 AM   #2261
Site Team

The lines 'Her reply was "from her house." Well that's about a worthless piece of information to me so I ask her how far away was that.' remind me of RV owners wanting help with a problem and only posting "It's a 2011 27 footer."

Nights Camped: '13 = 49/'14 = 74/'15 = 74/'16 = 85/'17 = 110/'18 = 111/'19 = 86/'20 =108/'21 = 115/'22 = 135/'23 = 78; Booked for 2024 = 69
Mr. Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2020, 11:42 AM   #2262

I have to admit i am a big fan of fried pickles. not sure about the rest though!
Old 09-23-2020, 11:52 AM   #2263

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jfkmk View Post
I have to admit i am a big fan of fried pickles. not sure about the rest though!

You can get monkey balls and donkey balls in Hawaii
Chocolate covered macadamia nuts
myxkp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2020, 12:01 PM   #2264

Sorta like mountain oysters.

2021 Jayco Class C model 27U
5er_tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2020, 12:12 PM   #2265
Site Team

Don't know about this place as it sounds like they have growing pains. Called in an order, they answered the phone with a hello only. Had to ask if this was them. Not a good first impression.

Their fryer is not working till next week according to her. No tea at all. That's enough right there to stop my biz. Lol

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
wmtire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2020, 01:11 PM   #2266
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmtire View Post
A new restaurant dropped off a menu awhile ago. Got to love the Deep South where we will fry everything. Pickles, oreos, twinkies, ding dongs, snickers, etcAttachment 239806
They've had all of those things at county fairs for many years.

You really don't have to go that far south to be "in the south".
Iwritecode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2020, 02:08 PM   #2267

Quote:
A new restaurant dropped off a menu awhile ago. Got to love the Deep South where we will fry everything. Pickles, oreos, twinkies, ding dongs, snickers, etcAttachment 239806
LMAO !! I'll take the Alligator for $200 Alex.

"Mountain Oysters...the Original Sack Lunch."
TheWolfPaq82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2020, 02:09 PM   #2268
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
They've had all of those things at county fairs for many years.

You really don't have to go that far south to be "in the south".
What are these "county" things ya keep talking about.

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
Old 09-23-2020, 02:41 PM   #2269

Quote:
What are these "county" things ya keep talking about.
The things that 48 states have!
Jfkmk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2020, 03:01 PM   #2270

[QUOTE=myxkp;2419612]You can get monkey balls and donkey balls in Hawaii
Chocolate covered macadamia nuts[/QUOTE

There is a restaurant here that serves ..... Turkey fries
I have tried them.... Just give me something else... clams, stuffed jalapenos, oysters.. anything
born in Texas.... live in Arkansas
Iwannacamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2020, 03:37 PM   #2271

Quote:
Originally Posted by myxkp View Post
You can get monkey balls and donkey balls in Hawaii
Chocolate covered macadamia nuts
And worth the drive down to Captain Cook to get the original! I still have some saved from our last visit - almost a year ago!

2003 F150 Supercab 4x4, tow pkg, 3.55 gears
2020 Flagstaff Micro Lite 21DS
Qwkynuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2020, 03:59 PM   #2272
Site Team

Speaking of deep fried.... I saw a "news" story one time where they had deep fried butter at a state fair. No joke.
I've often kidded by saying if you use good batter you could deep fry card board and it wouldn't be bad.
2016 Evergreen Everlite 242RBS
29' empty nest model. Blue Ox WD hitch
(1 queen bed, large main cabin and huge bathroom)
Camping days 2010-53, 2011-47, 2012-41, 2013-41, 2014-31, 2015-40, 2016-44, 2017-63, 2018-75, 2019-32, 2020-41, 2021-49, 2022-43, 2023-66
KyDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2020, 09:06 PM   #2273
Enjoying Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyDan View Post
Speaking of deep fried.... I saw a "news" story one time where they had deep fried butter at a state fair. No joke.
I've often kidded by saying if you use good batter you could deep fry card board and it wouldn't be bad.

That would be from the Texas State Fair. Every year(except not this one..closed because of COVID) they have a contest to see who can come up with new deep fried items
It creates some very interesting concoctions. Deep fried Oreos anyone?

2006 Durango HEMI

TeachTexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2020, 10:07 PM   #2274

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeachTexas View Post
That would be from the Texas State Fair. Every year(except not this one..closed because of COVID) they have a contest to see who can come up with new deep fried items
It creates some very interesting concoctions. Deep fried Oreos anyone?
Only if the Oreos are "Double Stuffed". Yum.

"You only grow old when you run out of new things to do"

2018 Flagstaff Micro Lite 25BDS
2023 f-150 SCREW XLT 3.5 Ecoboost (The result of a $68,000 oil change)
TitanMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2020, 10:24 PM   #2275
Site Team

Ya may get a chuckle from this story, but I was kind of irritated with the attitude and waste of time.

Had a guy pull up after closing time today, and I was actually walking out to leave and get to another appointment I had to see about my truck.

This person had a leaking tire they wanted fixed and I stated we were already closed and I didn't have the time to get to it, but could do it in the morning. He said he was leaving town and then asked If I would sell him a tire. I could do that in about five minutes time and told him I would, so I opened back up and told him to quickly pull his truck in. I was in a mad rush, and flipped the air compressor back on.

As I have learned over the years of being burned, always get the money upfront on late arrivals like this, as many times there is a problem and the banks are closed, etc. Some people even try to use that to their advantage.

So as I go to collect the money first for the new tire, he then tells me to just go ahead and fix the tire, SINCE I already had it pulled in and was staying. I tell him again I don't have the time for a flat repair, but will get to it in the morning. He refuses and again reiterates to just go ahead and fix it now. This peeved me, and I now know he was never intending on buying a tire, but just trying to trick me.

I then ask him was he sure he wanted to pay $175 for a flat repair when the new tire was only $100. He explodes and says what do you mean $175 for a repair. I tell him that is what I am going to charge for it since he is making me miss an appointment and I have to take all the extra time to fix it vs just replacing it. He tells me he will go somewhere else and I agreed.

Old 09-24-2020, 10:20 AM   #2276

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jfkmk View Post
Yowza! You should never lie to your mom!
That reminds me- there was a children's show on tv out of Cleveland (many years ago) that featured Captain Penny. He always closed his show with:

You can fool some of the people all of the time, all of the people some of the time, but you can’t fool Mom.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Captain_Penny
2011 Rockwood 2604
K_and_I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2020, 01:26 PM   #2277

Quote:
Ya may get a chuckle from this story, but I was kind of irritated with the attitude and waste of time.

Had a guy pull up after closing time today, and I was actually walking out to leave and get to another appointment I had to see about my truck.

This person had a leaking tire they wanted fixed and I stated we were already closed and I didn't have the time to get to it, but could do it in the morning. He said he was leaving town and then asked If I would sell him a tire. I could do that in about five minutes time and told him I would, so I opened back up and told him to quickly pull his truck in. I was in a mad rush, and flipped the air compressor back on.

As I have learned over the years of being burned, always get the money upfront on late arrivals like this, as many times there is a problem and the banks are closed, etc. Some people even try to use that to their advantage.

So as I go to collect the money first for the new tire, he then tells me to just go ahead and fix the tire, SINCE I already had it pulled in and was staying. I tell him again I don't have the time for a flat repair, but will get to it in the morning. He refuses and again reiterates to just go ahead and fix it now. This peeved me, and I now know he was never intending on buying a tire, but just trying to trick me.

I then ask him was he sure he wanted to pay $175 for a flat repair when the new tire was only $100. He explodes and says what do you mean $175 for a repair. I tell him that is what I am going to charge for it since he is making me miss an appointment and I have to take all the extra time to fix it vs just replacing it. He tells me he will go somewhere else and I agreed.

I have to agree with you; felt some irritation just reading about his shenanigans
I had customers argue the price after fixing their a/c unit. So I learned to calmly reply that I can’t undo my labor but tell me which part you don’t want and I’ll take it off.
myxkp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2020, 11:27 PM   #2278

Because I'm not as nice as some others, I would've put a floor jack under the vehicle, backed it out, put it on a cinder block or something, lowered it down, rolled the jack back in, locked up the shop, taken a picture of his license plate and gone to the appointment.

I've locked cars in the body shop on a few occasions when I was told "I'll bring my deductible in the morning".

I've had so many jerks try to scam me that I had a banner made that said "In God we trust - all others must pay cash."

And, by the way - you weren't mocking deep fried pickles were you?
PatrickY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2020, 03:00 AM   #2279
Site Team

Had a man call up on the phone yesterday asking if we had a tire in stock, which we did. He then says his son will be up there in a few minutes.

When his son arrived, he had the wheel only on the back of a motorcycle, attached with bungee cords to a very small L shaped rack behind the seat. I asked him how he was going to carry it back once I mounted a tire on it, and he said he would figure it out. I thought to myself this is going to be interesting.

I mounted the tire and returned it to him, and he paid the bill. I went to the next customer. Every time I would glance at him, he was trying to position the tire/wheel in a different way. This went on for about thirty minutes. I did ask him if he knew anybody with a truck, that could get the tire for him. He said the only one was his dad, and that's whose tire he was hauling on his motorbike.

I never did get to see the final solution as I was mounting a pair of tires on the front of a SUV when I heard him drive off, but it had to be quite the sight to see. I guess this is one of those "where there's a will, there's a way" type things

Old 09-25-2020, 05:28 AM   #2280

Maybe he strapped it to his back? It would definitely be a sight to see!

Tags
tire

« cute joke(s) | - »