Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-20-2020, 09:32 PM   #2461

Hey wmtire - is eye95 your ex? (see profile pic, post #2459 above).

I think the photo might bear some resemblance ... just guessing.
PatrickY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2020, 09:17 AM   #2462

Taking my wife’s Explorer in for new tires this morning. Hope I have no stories for this thread.
Old 10-22-2020, 09:53 AM   #2463
Site Team

Have a few tales of tire-ror this morning.

Was standing outside the bay door talking to a customer, when a guy pulls off the road and gets out of his truck, where I think begins walking towards us.

I'm not for sure on that cause evidently he left his truck in gear and it went back out on the road, driverless.

I heard the guy yell something that does break one of the Ten Commandments, as he was chasing his truck. He did manage to get in it before it crossed both lanes into oncoming traffic, which he then gassed it. He didn't come back so I don't know for sure what his intentions were. Maybe he just wanted to read about himself here. Lol

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
wmtire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2020, 10:00 AM   #2464

Either he was really embarrassed or he was giving you fuel for the forum!
Old 10-22-2020, 10:17 AM   #2465
Site Team

The other tale is about a husband and wife duo, going to put me in my place. I'll type it up tonight as it is long.

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
Old 10-22-2020, 10:25 AM   #2466

That reminds me of a time I was going to work on a 2 lane road with descent shoulders and a few cars ahead were stopped. Then I saw why they were stopped. A car on somebody's front lawn drove across the lawn, onto the road in a circle and back on the lawn. It was a cold day and the owner probably wanted to warm up the car and it slipped into gear after they went back in the house. There was a Policeman there and he eventually timed it right and jumped into the car as it was crossing the lawn. That morning, I saw that car make at least 6 revolutions. Don't know how long it had been running in circles!

2012 Cedar Creek 36CKTS Touring Edition
2015 Ford F-350 CC DRW Lariat
Joe_GA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2020, 05:09 PM   #2467

I got an anonymous email suggesting that WMTIRE's last ex left this note for him the last time she was at their RV. Obviously, the propane tank emptied and the RV aired out before he got off work, it must have been a Monday.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	32.6 KB
ID:	241710  
S.E. Mich. Flagstaff 26FKWS / 2022 F-150 3.5 EcoBoost SCrew Propride
SailorSam20500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2020, 05:49 PM   #2468
Site Team

When I arrived at work this morning, I had a parking lot full. Three of the vehicles had 8 AM appointments, for 1 tire, 2 tires, and 2 tires respectively.. I had already laid their tires out the evening before. There was also a tire delivery truck as well as two more vehicles, one of which had a blown out tire and had ran on the rim for a long time. There were only two beads left on the rim. They were also blocking my main bay door. There was one more vehicle parked cross ways across the lot, basically making everyone else have to park in all kind of awkward positions. Come to find out, these last two vehicles were together.

Since I already knew what my 8 AM appointments all had, I asked the family (husband, wife, three kids in the backseat) what I could do for them. They said they needed a used tire. I told them I didn't have ANY 14 inch used tires whatsoever and only had new ones in any 14 inch size. The husband asked me the price and I gave it to him. He then went to the other vehicle parked sideways across the parking lot to talk to them. I opened up and went to write the delivery guy a check so he could leave. While I was doing this, this husband comes walking in and starts just asking asinine questions, even about a tire changer electric motor I have on the counter, I'm repairing. He's trying to interject into my conversation with the delivery driver with this, which I just kind of ignore it.

My other customers who were waiting for their 8 AM appointments are walking in now to the customer area, and I'm telling them the order I will get to them, and will do my best to hurry. This guy with the blown out tire starts trying to say he is first, which I explain he is actually fourth as all of these customers had appointments for this morning. He then puts the first lady on the spot and asks her if he can go ahead of her, as he needs to get his kids to school. She does go ahead and says he can.

I tell him to back in the first bay, and he doesn't listen a bit. He tries to pull in and comes within a 1/2 inch of running into the door jamb as I get him to stop. I again tell him to back in, which he starts to. He almost gets in the bay, when the woman in the cross parked vehicle walks over to the passenger window and hands them some money to buy the tire with. They then start having a long conversation about everything in their lives when I had to interject several times to tell him to go ahead and back in so I can do his, as other people are waiting. It has no effect. They all continue to just ignore me and yap.

I disengage, go back inside and tell the customer who had allowed them to cut in line, to pull over to the second bay. I go to jacking her vehicle up. By now the husband/wife duo vehicles has went dead, and they can't restart it, and they still aren't in the bay. The husband makes everyone get out and they push it back into the bay. The very nice lady tells me again to go ahead and get to them, so I go back on theirs. I jack it up, take the wheel off and head to the changer. The husband follows me in, and I tell him he has to stand back outside the bay. When I remove the beads from the rim and walk to the rack to get the new tire, the husband has now not only come back in the bay, he has went nearly to the back of the shop.

He looks at a used tire and says he wants that one. Again I tell him I have no used 14 inch diameter tires, and that tire he is looking at fits a 16 inch wheel. I am getting kind of frustrated by this point. I ask him if he wants me to stop or did they want the new tire. He gets all huffy and said he already told me he did. Again I tell him he has to step back out front of the shop. He then sees another used tire, and the cycle repeats itself.

After I tell him a third time the same thing, the wife wants to show her stuff. She now comes in the shop after hearing me tell him he can't be in it, and asks about used tires, so I now just stop and bluntly ask are they going to buy the new one or not. I have to get to the other customers and can't keep answering the same questions over and over. She then tells me that they are customers and if she wants to ask 50 questions, I'll answer 50 questions. I tell her "No Maam, I have other customers that had let them get ahead of them, but I was now going to do theirs". She then says how rude a person I am, which I ignore.

I finish out the first ladies, and let her go. By now the husband realizes they are in a pickle, as he has no rim on his vehicle nor can start it. He starts apologizing and asks if I have a battery charger, which I did. I let him use it, while I get the second customer to pull in. I start on the second vehicle.

After I finish it, before doing the third, I ask again if they are going to get the new tire, which the husband says he is. I go ahead and ring their ticket up and get their money. I was going to do the third customers vehicle, but he actually pulled his truck over to jumpstart the family's car. As he was doing that I went ahead and mounted theirs, just expecting the wife to pop off. She didn't but gave me a lot of dirty looks. The husband again apologized.

As the third appointee pulled in, he commented on what a bad day that family was having. I quipped, "Yeah, and they wanted to make sure everyone else did too."

Old 10-22-2020, 06:21 PM   #2469

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmtire View Post
<snip>

As the third appointee pulled in, he commented on what a bad day that family was having. I quipped, "Yeah, and they wanted to make sure everyone else did too."
It fascinates me how generous unhappy people are. They are incapable of keeping their unhappiness inside - they have to share it with the rest of us.

2003 F150 Supercab 4x4, tow pkg, 3.55 gears
2020 Flagstaff Micro Lite 21DS
Qwkynuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2020, 07:24 PM   #2470

You do not have the patience of a saint, you have the patience of a team of saints!

2012 Cedar Creek 36CKTS Touring Edition
2015 Ford F-350 CC DRW Lariat
Joe_GA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2020, 08:17 PM   #2471

Click image for larger version

Name:	Adjustments.jpg
Views:	142
Size:	371.9 KB
ID:	241720
Per your earlier request Bobby
myxkp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2020, 08:39 PM   #2472

I think the first lady that let them go ahead of her saw this coming and thought the quicker they got a tire, the sooner they'd be gone. Then every one else could "have a nice day".

"You only grow old when you run out of new things to do"

2018 Flagstaff Micro Lite 25BDS
2023 f-150 SCREW XLT 3.5 Ecoboost (The result of a $68,000 oil change)
TitanMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2020, 09:58 PM   #2473
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanMike View Post
I think the first lady that let them go ahead of her saw this coming and thought the quicker they got a tire, the sooner they'd be gone. Then every one else could "have a nice day".

She is just a nice person. I have dealt with her several times over the years. She is actually married to a man, who was in a hunting group I was in back in my teenage years.

Old 10-22-2020, 10:01 PM   #2474
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by myxkp View Post
Attachment 241720
Per your earlier request Bobby

Thank You

Old 10-23-2020, 05:57 AM   #2475

Mondays at the tire shop

Quote:
She is just a nice person. I have dealt with her several times over the years. She is actually married to a man, who was in a hunting group I was in back in my teenage years.

So your saying that he was a better hunter. He got a great lady. Your hunting skills not so great ?

Russell
CAT-RN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2020, 06:51 AM   #2476
Site Team

2016 Evergreen Everlite 242RBS
29' empty nest model. Blue Ox WD hitch
(1 queen bed, large main cabin and huge bathroom)
Camping days 2010-53, 2011-47, 2012-41, 2013-41, 2014-31, 2015-40, 2016-44, 2017-63, 2018-75, 2019-32, 2020-41, 2021-49, 2022-43, 2023-66
KyDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2020, 07:29 AM   #2477
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAT-RN View Post
So your saying that he was a better hunter. He got a great lady. Your hunting skills not so great ?

Russell

I was trapped. Different scenario.

If I had just gnawed my leg off.

Old 10-23-2020, 07:33 AM   #2478

Quote:

If I had just gnawed my leg off.
If she was anything like my ex, it would have been less painful!
Jfkmk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2020, 08:32 AM   #2479

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanMike View Post

either that or she knew she would be entertained with the show..... just sit back and watch...
Just us gals (me, Sis and our daughters)
We spend alot of money to go sit in the woods
GalsofEscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2020, 09:06 AM   #2480
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by GalsofEscape View Post
either that or she knew she would be entertained with the show..... just sit back and watch...
This was also my thought!

Nights Camped: '13 = 49/'14 = 74/'15 = 74/'16 = 85/'17 = 110/'18 = 111/'19 = 86/'20 =108/'21 = 115/'22 = 135/'23 = 78; Booked for 2024 = 69
Mr. Dan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tire

« Humor in pictures | - »