Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-30-2020, 01:19 PM   #2541
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by myxkp View Post
Bobby, there’s a little mischievous quality in your sense of humor; I like that. [emoji23]
Uhhh thanks, I think.

That mischievous comment reminded me of something a friend of mine and I did to another friend back in our college times which we were talking about the other day.

We had a friend who was renting an apartment over a garage. It was very poorly insulated and was very cold in winter. We knew he hardly ever locked the door to the stairs going up to it. We went over there one night and messed with stuff. Swapped the box springs and mattress, unscrewed his couch legs where it collapsed when he sat down, removed the pins from the hinges so his doors fell off when he opened them, put kool-ade in his shower head, took off his p-traps under the sink, etc. We also took his toilet seat.

Our plan was to go back later when he got home and all laugh about it. Anyhow we didn't get back for over a week. The only thing our friend didn't find humorous was the missing toilet seat, and how cold that porcelain was.

It took him another week to figure out his mattress and box springs were flipped.

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
wmtire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2020, 05:11 PM   #2542
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmtire View Post
It took him another week to figure out his mattress and box springs were flipped.
He must have been used to sleeping on a OEM RV mattress.
Old 10-31-2020, 12:40 PM   #2543

Smile

After reading this I wonder if your customer troubles are related to Karma. 😎

Quote:
Uhhh thanks, I think.

That mischievous comment reminded me of something a friend of mine and I did to another friend back in our college times which we were talking about the other day.

We had a friend who was renting an apartment over a garage. It was very poorly insulated and was very cold in winter. We knew he hardly ever locked the door to the stairs going up to it. We went over there one night and messed with stuff. Swapped the box springs and mattress, unscrewed his couch legs where it collapsed when he sat down, removed the pins from the hinges so his doors fell off when he opened them, put kool-ade in his shower head, took off his p-traps under the sink, etc. We also took his toilet seat.

Our plan was to go back later when he got home and all laugh about it. Anyhow we didn't get back for over a week. The only thing our friend didn't find humorous was the missing toilet seat, and how cold that porcelain was.

Formerly a 2013 Sunseeker 2250 SLEC.
Delco Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2020, 11:09 PM   #2544

Quote:
Uhhh thanks, I think.

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]
myxkp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2020, 08:41 PM   #2545

Mondays at the tire shop

Removed for being offensively off-topic. My bad.
JWood422 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2020, 09:05 PM   #2546
Pickin', Campin', Mason

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWood422 View Post
I’m sorry, y’all. But I am REALLY tired of seeing the tire with the big boils.
In a Mondays at the Tire Shop thread?
Huh?

Days Camped '19=118 '20=116 '21=123 '22=134 '23=118 '24=90
5picker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2020, 09:25 PM   #2547

Mondays at the tire shop

Sorry
JWood422 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2020, 10:47 PM   #2548

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWood422 View Post
Sorry
No worries ... getting back on track ...

Confucius say man who run in front of motorcycle get two tired.

Confucius also say man who run behind four wheel vehicle get exhausted.

(close enough to tires?)
PatrickY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2020, 12:55 AM   #2549

Quote:
Originally Posted by F.R.O.G. View Post
Bobby, I just came across these in an item someone sent me. For some reason, your name popped into my head.

Can you deflate the bumps so it's smooth all the way around, or should I just use them as curb feelers?

I think I might need an alignment.

I don't like Chinese tires. Can you get me one of those high-end replacements from the USSR?

My BIL bought a new jayco Pinnacle last year with Rainier tires on it and 2 tires developed ths 'side balls', $1350 later it had goodyear G614s on it
Days camped 2015=42 2014=48 2013=41 2012=47 2011=18
dannyabear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2020, 02:09 AM   #2550
Site Team

Mondays at the grocery store:

After work today, I stopped at a national known grocery store. As I was checking out the total came to around $87. I handed the young cashier a $50 dollar bill and two $20's. I saw on the display that my change was $13 and not $3....which told me he entered it in as $100 received and not $90.

I thought it was just a simple enough mistake and didn't have any idea how this was going to go south so fast.

As he handed me back my change (two $5's and three $1's) I told him that I gave him a fifty and two twenties and he was giving me back too much change. I handed the two fives back to him.

He promptly told me that I was incorrect and a fifty and two twenties equaled $100. I kinda smiled at this math challenged person and turned my head to see the expression on the older lady customer behind me, rolling my eyes a bit...I guess expecting her to back me up.

The cashier once again tried to shove the two $5's back to me and I had to tell him again that I gave him $90 and not $100....being a fifty and 2 twenty dollar bills. As he told me I was incorrect on my math again, the woman behind me did speak up this time...........and also told me I was wrong, that a fifty and 2 twenties equaled $100. I guess she was this guys math teacher previously.

So now I'm stuck between two different math challenged people and thought for a sec to just take the extra $10 and leave as it wasn't worth the effort and my time. It may have been my ego that stepped in too.... as two people were telling me I was wrong, who were clueless, that kept me from doing such.

I asked (but was really telling) the cashier that 2 twenties equal $40, correct?. He acknowledged they did. So, $40 plus a $50 dollar bill equal $90, correct?...as I also was looking back and forth at the woman behind me to make sure she was also learning some new math. The cashier then told me again that 40 and 50 equal 100. I was going to get him to get a manager over, but I quit at this point and just left the two $5's on the counter and walked out. I didn't even look at the woman again but think I heard them laughing at me as I left....I'm sure thinking I'm an idiot who can't do math.

So, when I get home, I am getting my almost seventeen year old son to unload the groceries and telling him the story. I ask him what does a fifty and 2 twenties add up to, knowing he knows better than those people I just left. Imagine how I felt as a father when he replied, "$70".

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
Old 11-03-2020, 02:38 AM   #2551

I once bought something that came out to be $15.15 total, so I handed the cashier a $20 bill and a quarter (25 cent piece, two bits for you old timers). Confused, she said I gave her too much - it was only $15.15 - I said please just ring it in - and when she handed me back a $5 bill and a dime I saw the light bulb come on.
PatrickY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2020, 02:41 AM   #2552
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrickY View Post
and when she handed me back a $5 bill and a dime I saw the light bulb come on.

Have you seen my new sigline that I changed yesterday?

Old 11-03-2020, 07:19 AM   #2553

Quote:

Hey: mortgage rate well under 3%. Refinancing probably be smart right now if you have debt!!

Do you have finance program on tires ?

Russell
CAT-RN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2020, 07:31 AM   #2554
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAT-RN View Post
Hey: mortgage rate well under 3%. Refinancing probably be smart right now if you have debt!!

Do you have finance program on tires ?

Russell

That's my old sigline. We used to use a finance company but LA being the king of fee states, started charging a yearly fee to those companies who originate a finance agreement that just wasn't worth it to me. I can send them directly to the finance company and let them do it all in house, and they can get a check cut from them to me......but it's rare to ever I do that now.

A national franchised rent to own tire company opened up very close to me and they pretty well get most of the tire finance business......with ridiculous high rates. A $100 dollar tire will be $300 financed thru them. They have a lot of those math challenged people for customers.

Old 11-03-2020, 08:39 AM   #2555

Lol—the new sigline makes one think a bit. One has to say it wasn’t a light !!

Russell
CAT-RN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2020, 10:53 AM   #2556
Señor Member

Quote:

...A national franchised rent to own tire company opened up very close to me and they pretty well get most of the tire finance business......with ridiculous high rates. A $100 dollar tire will be $300 financed thru them. They have a lot of those math challenged people for customers.
Yeah, and a $100 tire is only a $50 bill and two twenties if you pay in cash.
Old 11-03-2020, 11:06 AM   #2557
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForestWalker View Post
Yeah, and a $100 tire is only a $50 bill and two twenties if you pay in cash.
Rofl[emoji1]

Old 11-03-2020, 11:11 AM   #2558

Quote:
Reminds me of stopping at a truck stop late in the evening for dinner. No one else in the diner & waitress putting the make on the cook. Got my order, meal and when finished walked up to the cash register. Waitress took her time leaving the cook .. gave her the ticket for $11.38 and a $20 dollar bill. She rang it in, handed me back the $20 plus $8 and change....promptly walking back to chat with the cook. I looked at the amount she gave me back then said loudly ..."I think you made a mistake"
She looked at me and said very sharply: "I don't make mistakes."
In response, I said "THANK YOU" and put the $$ in my pocket and walked out.
Always wondered if she every figured it out when checking out the till at the end of her shift .... then again, never saw her in the restaurant again either.
Dakota 1120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2020, 11:44 AM   #2559

Quote:
I didn't even look at the woman again but think I heard them laughing at me as I left....I'm sure thinking I'm an idiot who can't do math.

So, when I get home, I am getting my almost seventeen year old son to unload the groceries and telling him the story. I ask him what does a fifty and 2 twenties add up to, knowing he knows better than those people I just left. Imagine how I felt as a father when he replied, "$70".
Haven't you heard of "New Math"?

I had a similar encounter in Wyoming years ago but didn't involve money.

It was winter time and the roads were icy. I was in a restaurant and asked how cold it was. Was told "around 40 degrees". I mentioned that the roads were covered with fresh ice and it should be a lot colder. Response "Water freezes at a higher temp here because of the altitude".

More modern education at play here.

"You only grow old when you run out of new things to do"

2018 Flagstaff Micro Lite 25BDS
2023 f-150 SCREW XLT 3.5 Ecoboost (The result of a $68,000 oil change)
TitanMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2020, 12:15 PM   #2560

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanMike View Post
Haven't you heard of "New Math"?

I had a similar encounter in Wyoming years ago but didn't involve money.

It was winter time and the roads were icy. I was in a restaurant and asked how cold it was. Was told "around 40 degrees". I mentioned that the roads were covered with fresh ice and it should be a lot colder. Response "Water freezes at a higher temp here because of the altitude".

More modern education at play here.
An old timer once told me: "Ignorance can be cured with education ... stupid just goes on forever."
Dakota 1120 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tire