Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-27-2021, 11:15 AM   #2961

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmtire View Post
Customer pulls in driveway and honks horn. I walk out and she tells me her car is sluggish and pulling hard to the left. Asks me what I think it is.

I paused for a second to make sure this wasn't one of those hidden camera type gags, but finally realized she actually wasn't aware of the problem that was instantly noticeable.

This is what we removed from her vehicle, that she stated was just purchased yesterday from a competitor.

Attachment 248472
thats why you dont buy tires from a used tire place....
Bogieboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2021, 11:18 AM   #2962
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwannacamp View Post
Bonnie and Clyde’s car?
You've done it now, mentioning them. I can gab enough on this to require a new thread. Lol

They were actually ambushed a little over an hour away from where I live. I started going to their ambush site via geocaching as well as became great friends with the curator of the Bonnie & Clyde Ambush Museum near there. He was the son of Ted Hinton, one of the Dallas policeman involved in the ambush. Ted is the one who also took the immediate film footage that shows the aftermath of the ambush. Ted's sons name was LJ (Boots) Hinton.

Boots was the de facto expert on all of this, growing up with first hand knowledge shared by his dad. He was a character too. He would have You laughing big time. You may have seen him in documentaries on this subject. I spent many hours talking to him. He had information you don't see in books and tv.

You may notice I am referring to him in the past tense, as sadly Boots passed away a few years ago.

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
wmtire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2021, 09:16 AM   #2963
Site Team

I'm not sure I want this customer to actually show up. They just called on the phone wanting the price on a flat tire repair. After I give them an estimate for a nail repair as they stated. .they then says it's not flat but just low.

They then start trying to renegotiate the price cause according to them I won't have to use as much air since its not all the way flat.

I tell them that is irrelevant since I have to let all the air out to take the tire off the rim to patch it.

They then say I should have equipment to save the air I'm letting out and not charge them for that air.

I ask them if they are perhaps confusing tire repair with air conditioners, they get all huffy and tell me they know exactly what they are talking about.

I'm thinking to myself, "apparently not".

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
wmtire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2021, 09:26 AM   #2964

You don’t have a capture device like the ac people to recycle the air.
Old 03-06-2021, 10:03 AM   #2965

They’re just looking for a discount for “used” air.
Old 03-06-2021, 10:12 AM   #2966

There are a lot of stupid people out there, but then you come across those who are stupider. I think this one qualifies.
phillyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2021, 10:14 AM   #2967
Site Team

This person's Common Sense Indicator is -146.

Nights Camped: '13 = 49/'14 = 74/'15 = 74/'16 = 85/'17 = 110/'18 = 111/'19 = 86/'20 =108/'21 = 115/'22 = 135/'23 = 78; Booked for 2024 = 69
Mr. Dan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2021, 10:29 AM   #2968

As the late great actor John Wayne said. " Life is tough. It's tougher when your stupid".

Dave
Western Golf and Country Cart (custom body, EZ-GO frame)
Arguing with some people is like trying to smell the color 9
Volvodriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2021, 10:33 AM   #2969

Quote:
I'm not sure I want this customer to actually show up. They just called on the phone wanting the price on a flat tire repair. After I give them an estimate for a nail repair as they stated. .they then says it's not flat but just low.

They then start trying to renegotiate the price cause according to them I won't have to use as much air since its not all the way flat.

I tell them that is irrelevant since I have to let all the air out to take the tire off the rim to patch it.

They then say I should have equipment to save the air I'm letting out and not charge them for that air.

I ask them if they are perhaps confusing tire repair with air conditioners, they get all huffy and tell me they know exactly what they are talking about.

This is exactly why I love this thread! It is sure to get my day off to a good start.
Dsimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2021, 12:03 PM   #2970

I’m not sure that folks who expect savings on repairs to a half flat tire understand what irrelevant means; it is four syllables. 🤪
myxkp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2021, 12:41 PM   #2971
Just as confused as you

Quote:
Originally Posted by myxkp View Post
I’m not sure that folks who expect savings on repairs to a half flat tire understand what irrelevant means; it is four syllables. 🤪
Uhhh, what's a syllable? Never heard of a tire needing such a thing.
Camping since 1989, Seasonal since 2000.
Car Shredder Op/Tech, Scrap Metal Recycling - retired
Scrapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2021, 12:46 PM   #2972

I've always wondered why they look around the whole entire tire for the hole when only about 20% of it is flat. Shouldn't the hole be in the part that is flat? Why would the hole be in the part that isn't flat? When they show me a hole in the tire in the part that isn't flat, I'm thinking they are just trying to take advantage of me. But I know better!
NavyLCDR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2021, 01:14 PM   #2973
Scoundrel

Quote:

If they show up tell them your price quote was for 1-year air. 2-year air only costs a little more but lasts twice as long. Or they can opt for the Gargantuan Package of 5-year air.

Wooden Spoon Survivor
HangDiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2021, 01:15 PM   #2974

Quote:

Just when you think you've heard it all-----------someone like this comes along.

"You only grow old when you run out of new things to do"

2018 Flagstaff Micro Lite 25BDS
2023 f-150 SCREW XLT 3.5 Ecoboost (The result of a $68,000 oil change)
TitanMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2021, 01:56 PM   #2975

Quote:

You missed your opportunity to offer the air for free.

Camping nights: 2021, 52; 2022, 99; 2023, 88; 2024, TBD (Est: 80+)

chriscowles is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2021, 01:59 PM   #2976

Quote:

Just tell them that you normally charge a flat rate for repairs like that, but since it's not completely flat you will have to bill them at the 'air-ly" rate, with a one-air minimum.

2003 F150 Supercab 4x4, tow pkg, 3.55 gears
2020 Flagstaff Micro Lite 21DS
Qwkynuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2021, 02:03 PM   #2977

He probably has nitrogen in them and doesn't want to contaminate the air!
Old 03-06-2021, 02:10 PM   #2978

Quote:
Originally Posted by jk510 View Post
That wouldn't surprise me at all.

I'm listening regularly to my Granddaughter who just graduated from College.

It's amazing how well educated young people are becoming and yet remain
ignorant.

"You only grow old when you run out of new things to do"

2018 Flagstaff Micro Lite 25BDS
2023 f-150 SCREW XLT 3.5 Ecoboost (The result of a $68,000 oil change)
TitanMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2021, 02:21 PM   #2979

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanMike View Post
It's amazing how well educated young people are becoming and yet remain
ignorant.
It's more like it is amazing how much money is spent on a young person's education and yet they remain ignorant.
NavyLCDR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2021, 02:39 PM   #2980
NXR

Quote:
Originally Posted by jk510 View Post
We just had that discussion a few days ago. I told the other person that I run a 78% nitrogen concentration in my tires after he told me he runs nitrogen in his.

I think it zoomed right over his head, even though nitrogen is only 3% lighter than air...

Hmmm, maybe he should ask for a discount on his next nitrogen fill since they are only adding 22% more nitrogen. I think I'll ask that question the next time someone says they pay for nitrogen in their tires. And also ask how the shop evacuates the air before adding the nitrogen.

Ray
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Dead and Stupid - Sam.PNG
Views:	140
Size:	579.8 KB
ID:	248981  

Tags
tire

« cute joke(s) | - »