Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-29-2022, 07:45 AM   #6341

Do you ever think when you're opening for the day " Oh what fresh new hell will we experience today" ???????
dblr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2022, 07:47 AM   #6342
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by dblr View Post
Do you ever think when you're opening for the day " Oh what fresh new hell will we experience today" ???????
Everyday

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
wmtire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2022, 08:13 AM   #6343

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmtire View Post
Everyday
But, thankfully, you do it “for the forum”!
Old 09-29-2022, 08:46 AM   #6344
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jfkmk View Post
But, thankfully, you do it “for the forum”!
Sure, I have to do it for something "besides" my sanity.

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
Old 09-29-2022, 10:50 AM   #6345

Common Sense

Quote:
Sure, I have to do it for something "besides" my sanity.

Think of Monday's as a learning experience . . .

After all . . . Isn't hindsight just acquiring more 'common sense??'

Cheers and greetings from a Toronto Canuck
Brandoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2022, 09:06 AM   #6346
Site Team

I almost feel bad for this guy even though the story is still too funny. I think I am laughing at his smug attitude more than his ignorance of the situation.

He called on the phone right at opening time this A.M. asking for a price to install 4 tires on his vehicle that he purchased off the internet. I gave him the price and he said he was on his way.

When he gets here about 20 minutes later, he makes the comment that he didn't know how places like me could stay in business when he can buy tires off the internet so much cheaper. He said he got 4 new tires off ebay for $80 plus shipping for his truck.

You ought to have seen his facial expression when I showed him that his ebay tires were not only bias ST trailer tires that could not be used on his pickup, but were also over 6 years old (DOT date code of 2016)

I didn't rub all this in............too much.

Old 10-01-2022, 09:12 AM   #6347
Site Team

Should have told him places like you stay in business because of people like him.

2015 Freedom Express 248RBS
TV 2015 Silverado HD2500 Duramax
TST Tire Monitors
Honda 2000I + Companion
2 100W solar panels
Flybob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2022, 09:27 AM   #6348

You need a “You’re a Buffoon” hat. Of course you’ll probably need a crate of them along with the “Peon” hats.
Old 10-01-2022, 09:50 AM   #6349
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flybob View Post
Should have told him places like you stay in business because of people like him.
Killer comment!

Nights Camped: '13 = 49/'14 = 74/'15 = 74/'16 = 85/'17 = 110/'18 = 111/'19 = 86/'20 =108/'21 = 115/'22 = 135/'23 = 78; Booked for 2024 = 69
Mr. Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2022, 10:02 PM   #6350
NXR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daxinarian
Unfortunately in some ways the world has become simultaneously more enabling and more harsh at the same time.

In the “good ole days” if you screwed up, the consequences were painful but you could work through them and get past it with no lasting negative impacts having learned a valuable life lesson. Today, though, the consequences are severe and often permanent (or at the very least self sustaining).

So it seems (in my opinion) that it is more difficult as a parent to walk the line between allowing your child to experience temporary consequences and helping them to avoid more serious permanent consequences.

Very well put. When I was growing up my dad would call the cops to come over and give one of us a good talking to. They did and that was it. Nowadays that would turn out...poorly.
Old 10-03-2022, 05:00 PM   #6351
Site Team

You'd think from all these tales, that I would learn to keep my big fat mouth shut...but no.

Had an elderly customer come in to purchase a new tire. I say elderly as he was more elder than I and I judged him to be in his mid to late sixties. He had a plug sticking out of the sidewall of a tire he needed replaced, but he had the same thing on front and back, but was only getting one tire when he needed two....which come to find out he actually needed three....all with same thing which was multiple plugs in the sidewalls.

When I am installing the one new tire, he starts griping about a female cutting his tires. I looked at his age and here is where I should have just kept quiet. I told him that it was younger women who did stuff like that, not older ladies......just assuming it had to be a a more mature woman he made mad. Nope, he said she was 27 and got mad at him cause he wouldn't give her a thousand dollars. He then told me she wanted the money without having a relationship with him.

The things I didn't need to know (but now ya know too) and if I had just kept my big mouth shut, we'd all be much better off in our ignorance of his personal life.

Myself having a daughter older than 27, made me want to cut his fourth tire.

Old 10-03-2022, 08:49 PM   #6352

Sixties, elderly? Arrrrggghhhh! Elderly may be 90’?
AbdRahim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2022, 08:30 AM   #6353

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbdRahim View Post
Sixties, elderly? Arrrrggghhhh! Elderly may be 90’?
Funny 'cause yesterday I was talking with an old friend whom I haven't seen in some twenty years. I mentioned an old guy in his mid-80's had been working on an antique vehicle for me. After a little more conversation, all the while picturing my friend as I'd last seen him, he advised me he was 84. Sure glad he has a strong constitution and good sense of humor.
Dirt Sifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2022, 08:57 AM   #6354
Site Team

Guy calls up on the phone this morning wanting a price on a set of tires. After I give him the price, he asks if that is the best I can can do, which I affirm it is.

he then says he is real good friends with the owner, and the owner would cut him a better deal. I tell him he is speaking to the owner, he pauses for a sec, then asks me what my name is.

Don't know how good a friends we could be if he doesn't even know my name. LOL

Old 10-04-2022, 09:03 AM   #6355
Mopar Guy

Quote:
Guy calls up on the phone this morning wanting a price on a set of tires. After I give him the price, he asks if that is the best I can can do, which I affirm it is.

he then says he is real good friends with the owner, and the owner would cut him a better deal. I tell him he is speaking to the owner, he pauses for a sec, then asks me what my name is.

i wonder if that line has ever worked for him (or anyone)

My response would have been: "oh he only gives out better deals on his personal phone"

or... He gives deals to his real good friends once they come in and are here for service.
Cost4133 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2022, 09:21 AM   #6356

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cost4133 View Post
i wonder if that line has ever worked for him (or anyone)

My response would have been: "oh he only gives out better deals on his personal phone"

or... He gives deals to his real good friends once they come in and are here for service.

How about: “Oh he gives out better deals whenever he is sleeping with some guy’s wife or girlfriend.”
Daxinarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2022, 09:35 AM   #6357
Site Team

I guess my magic money mojo worked somewhat, with a delayed effect.

Lady came in yesterday wanting a used tire that I did not have, but I did offer one in a new tire. She said she couldn't afford that and was going to find a used one somewhere.

She came back awhile ago and bought not one, but two new ones.

So the money appeared, it just took nearly 24 hours to happen.

Old 10-04-2022, 11:52 AM   #6358
Director, FROG

Quote:

I'll never forget my good friend What's-His-Name.

Bob Byrne
Director, Forest River Owners' Group (FROG)
frog@forestriverinc.com
www.forestriverfrog.com
F.R.O.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2022, 02:16 PM   #6359
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by F.R.O.G. View Post
I'll never forget my good friend What's-His-Name.
I think he owes me money.

Old 10-04-2022, 02:28 PM   #6360
Site Team

A guy comes in wanting to buy a used tire. He had his flat tire/wheel in the trunk of another car. He said he was in a bind and his car was on the side of the interstate. I had a tire for him, and he grabbed his other tire/wheel out of the trunk.

So why is this story humorous, you might be thinking to yourself. It's now at this point when he asked me if the hole in the center of his aluminum wheel that was about as big around as my index finger was going to be a problem.

Whatever went in his tire went thru the rim also.

Tags
tire