Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-25-2023, 09:52 PM   #7161

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
Looks like something you'd see on the cable TV show "Bad Chad Customs".

Chad Hiltz is located up in Nova Scotia and dreams up some interesting designs that tend to grow on you.

"You only grow old when you run out of new things to do"

2018 Flagstaff Micro Lite 25BDS
2023 f-150 SCREW XLT 3.5 Ecoboost (The result of a $68,000 oil change)
TitanMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2023, 06:49 AM   #7162
Georgia Rally Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
You be out of luck fixing a flat on that one. Later RJD
2018 Dodge Ram 2500 6.4 3:73 gearing.(sold) (sold) 2015 Chevy 2500 6.0, 4:10
Traded 2015 30WRLIKS V-Lite
Days camped 2019 62
Days camped 2020 49 days camped 2021-74 2022-40 days 2023 5 days
aceinspp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2023, 09:33 AM   #7163

I need to go see WMTIRE so he can patch my tire that will not hold air. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4281.jpg
Views:	219
Size:	458.1 KB
ID:	285126

2021 Jayco Class C model 27U
5er_tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2023, 09:38 AM   #7164

Nice...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5er_tom View Post
I need to go see WMTIRE so he can patch my tire that will not hold air. Attachment 285126
Nice little sidewall cut there, about 9 o'clock.
"Always bypass the water heater before opening the low-point drains."
Sticks and Bricks: Raleigh, NC
2008 Cherokee 38P: at Ivor, VA permanently
Larry-NC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2023, 09:58 AM   #7165

That was yesterday’s event. Now this morning!Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4285.jpg
Views:	139
Size:	348.3 KB
ID:	285129

Old 03-29-2023, 08:55 AM   #7166
Site Team

Several posts about the tire mishap and the Kia flipping were moved to their own thread for discussion here:

https://www.forestriverforums.com/fo...ap-262527.html

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
wmtire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2023, 08:58 AM   #7167
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmtire View Post
Several posts about the tire mishap and the Kia flipping were moved to their own thread for disussion here:

https://www.forestriverforums.com/fo...ap-262527.html
Thanks. That move was on my agenda this morning.

Nights Camped: '13 = 49/'14 = 74/'15 = 74/'16 = 85/'17 = 110/'18 = 111/'19 = 86/'20 =108/'21 = 115/'22 = 135/'23 = 78; Booked for 2024 = 69
Mr. Dan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2023, 09:08 AM   #7168
Site Team

I am awaiting to see who is correct.

Had a customer come in this morning wanting a tire removed from a cracked aluminum rim. He said he was going to a place across the river (we are called twin cities here, due to the river separating the town on a east and west side).

He asked me how much to remount it after he got it fixed. I told him I would not air up a welded wheel as it was too big a chance for it to hurt me if not done properly. He then said they weren't going to weld it.

I then asked how were they going to repair it if they didn't weld it? He said he didn't know but they weren't going to weld it.

I didn't argue the point and will wait to see if he comes back....and also if me and him have a different definition of what a weld is.

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
Old 03-29-2023, 10:15 AM   #7169
Site Team

Moved the discussion about dual wheel tires on blocks to their own discussion thread located here:

https://www.forestriverforums.com/fo...em-262529.html

Old 03-29-2023, 10:23 AM   #7170
Site Team

Quote:
Just shaking my head here. Had a man and woman awaiting my arrival this morning. He said he wanted the two tires on the passenger side rotated. He was saying something about he had changed them yesterday and now it was pulling hard to the right. When I looked at the vehicle, they had a temporary spare on the driver rear that was actually larger than the low profile tires on the vehicle.

When I tried to point out, that may be part of the problem, he snaps back that the tempo spare has been on there for over a month and that's not the problem.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmulvey View Post
Did you then rotate his tires and gladly accept his money?
Quote:
I did.
This customer just called on the phone. He was asking about buying two tires this time. The way he talked though, the tires he is wanting replaced are the same two tires on the passenger side that he had us rotate. He made no mention of the tempo spare tire and I do have to wonder if it's still on the vehicle.

The reason I know it's this customer is he told me the whole story again on the phone of our previous interaction.

If he does show up as he said he was, I'll let you know what I encounter.

Old 03-29-2023, 10:43 AM   #7171
Mopar Guy

Quote:
This customer just called on the phone. He was asking about buying two tires this time. The way he talked though, the tires he is wanting replaced are the same two tires on the passenger side that he had us rotate. He made no mention of the tempo spare tire and I do have to wonder if it's still on the vehicle.

The reason I know it's this customer is he told me the whole story again on the phone of our previous interaction.

If he does show up as he said he was, I'll let you know what I encounter.

Just wait for him to ask you for temp spares for the right side because it gives great mileage
Cost4133 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2023, 12:09 PM   #7172

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dan View Post
Thanks. That move was on my agenda this morning.
Mondays at the tire shop sure needs a chat patio out front in the parking lot.
We should see if someone knows the owner. . . Maybe he can supply a few chairs and a patio table/umbrella for the crowd that is ever present and willing to be the "peanut gallery" ; ) (For those that are always curious and sharing . . . )
(careful tho . . . the owner has been known to share shenanigans and video clips with a certain chat thread. . . : )

Cheers and greetings from a Toronto Canuck
Brandoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2023, 12:13 PM   #7173
Site Team

i wonder if he has two regular rims or is expecting you to mount a regular tire on the tempo rim. The SUSPENSE and ANTICIPATION.

2015 Freedom Express 248RBS
TV 2015 Silverado HD2500 Duramax
TST Tire Monitors
Honda 2000I + Companion
2 100W solar panels
Flybob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2023, 01:20 PM   #7174
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flybob View Post
i wonder if he has two regular rims or is expecting you to mount a regular tire on the tempo rim. The SUSPENSE and ANTICIPATION.
I will let ya know as soon as I know. There is no telling with this customer. You can only lead a horse to water....

Speaking of that, I had customer earlier, that is a regular. He was having a brain fart and just couldn't seem to fathom why I wasn't doing things as he was telling me to. It took a bit before the brain lightbulb finally illuminated.

He was purchasing two new tires for his pickup. He told me to put one new tire where an obviously separated tire was on his passenger rear. He then told me to put the second new tire on a blank steel wheel in the bed of his truck for a spare.

I kept trying to tell/show him that we needed to put both new tires on the aluminum wheels on the rear of his pickup, and then the used tire we took off the driver rear rim, could be mounted on his spare steel rim. He just wasn't getting it, so I just did what I told him needed to be done....then it finally all clicked.

Old 03-29-2023, 03:08 PM   #7175

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandoni View Post
We should see if someone knows the owner. . . Maybe he can supply a few chairs and a patio table/umbrella for the crowd that is ever present and willing to be the "peanut gallery" ; )
WM Tires has already related how a few customers took indoor chairs out front so they could smoke. And, of corse they didn’t put them back when they left.
Sharon455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2023, 05:40 PM   #7176
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandoni View Post
We should see if someone knows the owner. . . Maybe he can supply a few chairs and a patio table/umbrella for the crowd that is ever present and willing to be the "peanut gallery" ; ) (For those that are always curious and sharing . . . )
(careful tho . . . the owner has been known to share shenanigans and video clips with a certain chat thread. . . : )
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharon455 View Post
WM Tires has already related how a few customers took indoor chairs out front so they could smoke. And, of corse they didn’t put them back when they left.
Ha. I have a story to tell ya when I get time to type it up. I thought I was getting a visit from a FRF member but it wasn't so.

Old 03-30-2023, 06:57 AM   #7177
Site Team

Later in the day yesterday, I had a truck pull in towing a FR product trailer. The person had out of state plates and was wanting a tire repaired in the back of his truck. Once my son got the tire out of the truck and brought it in the shop, I started dismounting it.

This guy had just pulled off the main road and was blocking our entire driveway with his truck/trailer. I told my son to go tell him to pull forward a lot more so as to free up the driveway. My son walks out to inform him of this and then comes back inside and says the customer wants the tire put back on the truck. I then instruct my son to tell the guy then he needs to back up a lot and drop the trailer, then back his truck in the bay so we can put the tire back on the truck once I repair it.

My son leaves then returns shortly and says the guy says we have bad customer service, and he's not unhooking the trailer. I now stop what I am doing and go see about this. I tell the guy to back up and unhook his trailer, then pull in the shop. He says he is not going to do that and my customer service is horrible. He tells me to mount it on his truck, where he is parked, which is right beside the road...literally inches away from it. I tell him AGAIN, he needs to drop the trailer and pull his truck in the bay, which is where we have our jacks and equipment. Again he tells me I have terrible service.

About this time, another customer is trying to turn in the driveway but cannot, as this terrible customer (two can play that word game) has the driveway blocked. I point this out and in no uncertain terms tell him to pull forward as he has my driveway blocked. He just stares at me.

I walk back in the shop to grab his dismounted tire and wheel and the plan is to put it back in his pickup bed, and tell him to have a nice day....somewhere else.

However I do see him pull forward, so I decide to go ahead and repair it. The vehicle that was trying to turn in, was able to do so, and they purchased two tires......which thankfully this terrible customer didn't keep out.

Once I repaired the tire, my son took it back outside and put it back in the truck bed. The guy walks in to pay and again says I have terrible customer service.

I stared at him, and my mind was racing for something witty to say, but I failed in the moment. I just silently seethed, and let him go......hoping to never see him again.

Glad it wasn't a member here......or maybe it was.

Old 03-30-2023, 09:04 AM   #7178

Wasn’t me!

Old 03-30-2023, 09:07 AM   #7179

Couldn’t have been anyone from FRF. If it was, they would have waited for the repair to be completed, say they had no money and wait for your money-making-mojo to take place.
Old 03-30-2023, 09:09 AM   #7180

Maybe...

Quote:
I then instruct my son to tell the guy then he needs to back up a lot and drop the trailer, then back his truck in the bay so we can put the tire back on the truck once I repair it.

My son leaves then returns shortly and says the guy says we have bad customer service, and he's not unhooking the trailer. I now stop what I am doing and go see about this. I tell the guy to back up and unhook his trailer, then pull in the shop. He says he is not going to do that and my customer service is horrible.
Maybe he was too ashamed to tell you that he did not have the skill to back up the trailer. It happens.
"Always bypass the water heater before opening the low-point drains."
Sticks and Bricks: Raleigh, NC
2008 Cherokee 38P: at Ivor, VA permanently
Larry-NC is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tire