Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-16-2021, 12:09 PM   #41

I see nothing unreasonable about any of the rules. Most of the time in instances where people are playing music at volume levels that unnecessarily infringe upon the ears of others are doing it to see what they can get away with and welcome the opportunity to annoy those who are unfortunate to be nearby. They are of the opinion that they should do whatever they choose and everyone else be damned. Rules don't apply to them.

Dogs are said to be family (I can ask just one question that definitively proves otherwise) and if your enjoyment is disturbed by their beloved fido and you ask for the annoyance to cease it's you who is being annoying, not their dog. And I won't even get into all the instances where I've seen fecal material left by beloved fido. It happens ALL the time.

If the posted campground rules are deemed too stringent by some then they're folks I really don't want to be anywhere near in the first place.

I say BRAVO to the people who run the campground for enacting reasonable rules. Rock on!!!
Rockwood Travelers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2021, 12:30 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by ppine View Post
This weekend I was camping out of my truck in one of the only campgrounds still open this late. The site next to me had a large 5er and the guy ran his generator all day. I finally went over to talk to him and his wife. They were nice people, and said they would turn it off at 5 pm.

Their reasoning was they had medicine in the refrigerator and needed to keep the batteries up. I thought this was absurd. They turned off their gen at 5pm but then turned it on again later for awhile. They started up at 8 am. They were nice considerate people, but insisted on running their gen all day.

Why is this absurd? Many insulin's (and other liquid meds) require refrigeration. Some are expensive and as such people are very cautious about varying temps. especially in non-residential RV refrigerators.

However, I agree on limiting generator use if others are around and you enjoy the sparse/wilderness style of camping. I would probably look closer at an upgrade to my battery bank augmented by solar if I'm that concerned about loosing power for critical meds.
rracer5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2021, 12:58 PM   #43
Pickin', Campin', Mason

Quote:
Originally Posted by ppine View Post
This weekend I was camping out of my truck in one of the only campgrounds still open this late. The site next to me had a large 5er and the guy ran his generator all day. I finally went over to talk to him and his wife. They were nice people, and said they would turn it off at 5 pm.

Their reasoning was they had medicine in the refrigerator and needed to keep the batteries up. I thought this was absurd. They turned off their gen at 5pm but then turned it on again later for awhile. They started up at 8 am. They were nice considerate people, but insisted on running their gen all day.
Refrigerated medicine can be a life saver for some folks. It isn't absurd at all. We never know until we walk in their shoes.

If there are no rules stating the generator couldn't be run all day, why did you believe they should have shut it off?

Many campgrounds ALLOW the generator to run most all of the day. Often from 8:00 AM until sometimes as late as 10:00 PM. If this was the case at this particular campground you had no business asking them to turn it off.

If this was not the case as far as rules, then your asking may have been/was appropriate.

Days Camped '19=118 '20=116 '21=123 '22=134 '23=118 '24=86
5picker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2021, 04:53 PM   #44

https://youtu.be/YtsvsLFYYSg

Who went in the way before you, to search you out a place to pitch your tents in, in fire by night, to shew you by what way ye should go, and in a cloud by day.

Deuteronomy 1:33
auroraRNT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2021, 09:12 PM   #45
The Driver

I must be not seeing the joke or humor. Too bad there was not a mention of live music or outside lighting in the rules.
PoppySteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2021, 06:49 AM   #46

Music and barking dogs will get the conversation going regardless of how you feel.
majorflee1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2021, 08:23 PM   #47

We were at a KOA north of San Diego recently. Single guy pulls in, huge rig... 10 mins later, 2'x2' speaker is up and running, music so loud my wife and I can't even carry on a conversation while play a game outside... mind you, we are some 40' away...

After about 45 mins of this, I'm about to walk over and ask to lower the music when his SWMBO drives up, music immediately turned down... problem solved
Toy4Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2021, 03:50 AM   #48
Defender of America

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy4Rick View Post
We were at a KOA north of San Diego recently. Single guy pulls in, huge rig... 10 mins later, 2'x2' speaker is up and running, music so loud my wife and I can't even carry on a conversation while play a game outside... mind you, we are some 40' away...

After about 45 mins of this, I'm about to walk over and ask to lower the music when his SWMBO drives up, music immediately turned down... problem solved
Pardon my "oldness"; but, what does SWMBO stand for.
Centerline TS WDH
Nick Danger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2021, 05:21 AM   #49
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Danger View Post
She Who Must Be Obeyed.
And I'm 67 years old.[emoji38]
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2021, 06:59 AM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikendan View Post
She Who Must Be Obeyed.
And I'm 67 years old.[emoji38]
I just started a download of the "Rumpole of the Bailey (1978)" BBC series to watch next week.

Rumpole called his wife "She Who Must Be Obeyed."

https://youtu.be/S_Grh_rGkSY
Solar Power & Battle Born batteries
rk06382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2021, 08:06 AM   #51
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Danger View Post

It's the same as TOWTA (The One With The Authority)

https://www.forestriverforums.com/fo...tml#post493392

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
wmtire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2021, 08:23 AM   #52
Defender of America

Thanks.
Centerline TS WDH
Nick Danger is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
campground, mpg