Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-31-2021, 01:38 PM   #1

Some humorous campground rules

I typically do not bother to read most of these rules because I try my best to use common sense. But I found these quite fitting for some.Click image for larger version

Name:	20211031_133331.jpg
Views:	3904
Size:	135.5 KB
ID:	265124

Sent from my SM-A515U using Forest River Forums mobile app
hshaynes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2021, 02:36 PM   #2

OH yes
those are good rules

2014 Shamrock 183
2014 RAM 1500 Bighorn Crew Cab, HEMI, 3.21 gears, 8 Spd, 4X4 TST TPMS
rsdata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2021, 02:43 PM   #3
Scoundrel

"Don't Kill Anything"....

Wooden Spoon Survivor
HangDiver is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2021, 09:50 AM   #4
Site Team

Wow sounds like a really "fun" place. No music, no barking, no swearing, no dancing, no fun. I'd get kicked out in the first 5 minutes.

Iwritecode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2021, 10:12 AM   #5
D W

The CG could have summed it all up with one sentence:

"There will be no fun of any kind".

Seems it's more of a "rest camp" than a campground.
"...exhaust fluid? We don't need no stinkin' exhaust fluid"
D W is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2021, 07:58 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
Wow sounds like a really "fun" place. No music, no barking, no swearing, no dancing, no fun. I'd get kicked out in the first 5 minutes.

My barking days are behind me, I don’t dance, I can’t talk without the occasional cuss word, and I type this while sitting by a fire, at a campsite, while listening to music. But at least I’m not barking and dancing.
Old 11-02-2021, 04:11 AM   #7
Defender of America

You can make all the rules you want; but, if you can't or don't enforce them they are merely suggestions. Depending on how large the place is, staff needed to make sure everyone is compliant must be ridiculous. Bet they weren't full when you went? However, there is usually a reason in the past that necessitated the list of rules.
Centerline TS WDH
Nick Danger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2021, 06:27 AM   #8

Actually, on day 2 we were the only ones in the campground. It is the beginning of off-season, getting cold and rain. Several that I talked to on day 1 indicated they had to return to work....sucks. We have been here before when weather was nicer and grounds were nearly full. Nice and quite, no loud music. Typically I think there are only two or three workers at any time. Being older than dirt, wife and I tend to enjoy the quieter campgrounds.

Sent from my SM-A515U using Forest River Forums mobile app
hshaynes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2021, 09:42 AM   #9
WFD

While a few of the rules sound good and some are humorous, basically sounds like a place I wouldn't be too interested in visiting....the rule about daytime visitors only being allowed with a day pass from Sun to Thur??? Our kids and g/kids often come and join us for a day where we are on weekends. We don't have a big family party, or get loud and annoying, just a day visit from one of our kids and g/kids. This park would not welcome that.
Old 11-02-2021, 09:50 AM   #10

Yeesh those are rough - especially the no visitors and no barking. Guess they dont have dogs.
Old 11-02-2021, 10:39 AM   #11
RV There Yet?

I guess that since it says no radios or recorded music that I will just have to practice my bagpipes.
Old 11-12-2021, 11:33 PM   #12

This place wouldn't compare to the no dogs rule. There are more dogs in this park with 103 sites than sites I believe. There is always someone walking their dog or dogs. One couple had 5 pugs and a terrier looking dog on leashes out walking one day. Neighbor across the street has three dogs. There are many people with two dogs. Overall it is still a quiet place, more coyotes howling at night that dogs barking.

So many our cat has given up on trying to go outside. We met some folks that have a stroller for their cat, that was a mistake. Eighty dollars later we have a stroller for our cat. She seems to like it, just doesn't want your dog to run up and put its nose against the screen. She will (has) stick a claw in its nose.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2021-11-12 at 8.28.35 PM.png
Views:	198
Size:	644.8 KB
ID:	265704  

2016 t28FQDX Shockwave,
New Provider tires 10/31/18 ,
2021 Chev LT 3500
2020 Polaris RZR 900 Fox Edition
herbike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2021, 09:59 AM   #13

One campground that we used to frequent changed their rule of 'No glass in the pool area' which I totally support to 'No beverages of any kind or snacks in the pool area'. Yup, we haven't been back.
Wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2021, 10:13 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by D W View Post
The CG could have summed it all up with one sentence:

"There will be no fun of any kind".

Seems it's more of a "rest camp" than a campground.
I’m thinking it’s more in line with a FEMA camp.
WanderMore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2021, 11:38 AM   #15

so long.
ppine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2021, 12:26 PM   #16

The no daytime guest rule is a bit weird, as many people have friends and family over for lunch/dinner.

I can't believe some of you think music or dog barking is your god given right. I hate camping with people like you, and you ruin it for all of us that were raised to be considerate of our neighbors.

If you can hear the music beyond the boundary of your campsite, it's too loud.

If your dog elicits more than a notification bark from time to time, you don't deserve having a dog.
SmackIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2021, 06:06 AM   #17
Defender of America

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmackIt View Post
I can't believe some of you think music or dog barking is your god given right. I hate camping with people like you, and you ruin it for all of us that were raised to be considerate of our neighbors.

If your dog elicits more than a notification bark from time to time, you don't deserve having a dog.
Thankfully you've shared what rules you think the rest of us should be held to.
Centerline TS WDH
Nick Danger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2021, 07:43 PM   #18

Quote:
The no daytime guest rule is a bit weird, as many people have friends and family over for lunch/dinner.

I'll second that. I have dogs, too, and I play music. But I keep the dogs quiet, and I DON'T share my music. I'll thank you to do the same
Alan H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2021, 07:56 PM   #19

Music IS A GOD GIVEN RIGHT.

Quote:

Music IS A GOD GIVEN RIGHT. - When reasonable. If I have to listen to you talk, then you can afford to listen to my music at the same volume.

Unless you WHISPER whenever you talk to anyone at your campsite. In that case, you can camp by yourself and enjoy all silence of nature, with no companionship. If that is the case, I would not want to camp with you anyway.
jcarenz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2021, 07:59 PM   #20

If these rules apply to and your good time-- please don't camp near me. I've heard enough music and tv of some else's choice and their dog. If your noise goes beyond your campsite it's too much... try to be considerate. I might like loud opera or rap or country or classic rock or daggone polka hymns... but I won't inflict it on you-- please don't inflict it on me.
tajmahaulers is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
campground, mpg