Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-23-2020, 07:55 PM   #1

Sometimes the funniest jokes are on yourself

A month or so ago I went to my local Credit Union to get some cash from their ATM. Went in, put in my card, entered the PIN, asked for Cash, and the machine merely gave me a slip saying "unable to process your transaction at this time".

Thought for a moment and realized it was about the time that people were withdrawing large sums of money out of fear and I thought maybe the machine was just empty.

A week ago I had an appointment with the same credit union (during lockdown they only do appointments and allow one person in per associate's shielded work station.)

When done I thought I'd stop at the ATM and see if I could now get some cash. In with the card, keyed in PIN, asked for cash, and again got a slip saying "Not this time either".

About that time the manager was letting in another customer and I held up my card saying "My Debit Card Isn't Working, is there a problem with the ATM".

She looked at me and said "That's your AARP card but don't feel bad, I've put in my grocery store card at times".

Then I realized that both my AARP card and ATM card are RED and that's all I saw. At first I thought it was age related but then I realized that the manager was only about 30 so it can happen to anyone. Got a good laugh out of it.

BTW, the ATM wasn't empty, it just needed the right card

"You only grow old when you run out of new things to do"

2018 Flagstaff Micro Lite 25BDS
2023 f-150 SCREW XLT 3.5 Ecoboost (The result of a $68,000 oil change)
TitanMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2020, 09:05 PM   #2
Now a "Top Member"

Heh...thanks for the <gigglesnort>. I haven't done anything like that...yet. Maybe that's another good reason not to get that AARP card!!
Retired AF MSgt

I thought I was wrong once, but I was wrong!
EdJunior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2020, 09:19 AM   #3

Hehehehe....glad I never have done that!

Wait, maybe, maybe,

Seem like every time I put my Debit card into the bank atm i stick my credit card in instead. Just too used to grabbing the credit card I guess. Anyway, when I do this the atm tells me it wants to charge me a fee to get my own money. Of course I get ticked off and cuss out the machine until I figure out I put the wrong card in AGAIN.