Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-05-2019, 06:04 AM   #1
Mopar Guy
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: Enfield, CT
Posts: 179
spark plugs on the forum

"How many Facebook group members does it take to change a spark plug?
1 to change the spark plug and to post that spark plug has been changed.
14 to share similar experiences of changing spark plugs and how the spark plug could have been changed differently.
7 to caution about the dangers of changing spark plugs.
27 to point out spelling/grammar errors in posts about changing spark plugs.
15 know-it-alls who claim *they* were in the industry, and that "spark plug" is an electrical device threaded into the cylinder of an internal-combustion engine to ignite the fuel mixture by producing timed sparks between electrodes.
6 to ask what is the correct gap setting.
2 to ask what is a 'feeler gauge'
2 to post that this group is not about spark plugs and to please take this discussion to a spark plug group.
27 to defend the posting to this group saying that we all use spark plugs and therefore the posts *are* relevant to this group.
16 to debate which method of changing spark plugs is superior, where to buy the best spark plugs, what brand of spark plugs work best for this technique, and what brands are faulty.
2 to post URL's where one can see examples of different spark plugs.
12 to post to the group that they will no longer post because they cannot handle the spark plug controversy.
4 to suggest that posters request the spark plugs FAQ.
16 to post wtf.
4 to ask what is a wtf?
4 to say "didn't we go through this already a short time ago?"
3 to say "do a Google search on spark plugs before posting questions about spark plugs".
14 to post photos of spark plugs they own.
1 forum lurker to respond to the original post 6 months from now and start it all over again...."
__________________
Dave
2019 Grey Wolf 24JS
2012 Chevy Suburban z71
reese strait-line
Cost4133 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2019, 06:16 AM   #2
Senior Member
 
Fluffywhitedogs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Burlington, ON
Posts: 646
Hahaha so very true!
__________________
Carmen and the pack
2015 Coachmen Clipper 17BH
2017 Dodge Durango Citadel 5.7 Hemi
Fluffywhitedogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2019, 06:35 AM   #3
Broken Toe
 
Cowracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Imperial (St. Louis) MO
Posts: 3,652
4 from diesel guys saying real trucks dont use spark plugs...

1,287,425 posts from 7 guys arguing whether Ford, Dodge, or Chevy is better.

1 post from a Toyota owner about how his tundra is better than them others.

And 1 lonely post, from a nice, but slightly confused elderly lady wanting the "google machine" to give her a potato salad recipe.

Tim

P.s. 72 people posting potato salad recipes.
__________________
FROG Member MO-0008-571 Since 20124444444444My Project Blog: https://cowracer.blogspot.com/

"Camper" 2016
Rockwood Signature Ultralite 8329ss
"Casper" 2017 Ram 2500 Laramie Diesel
..ProPride 3P Hitch - "Yeah. It's worth it."
Cowracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2019, 06:48 AM   #4
Senior Member
 
A32Deuce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Mount Laurel, New Jersey
Posts: 9,202
Sad but so true. Almost like this forum!
__________________
2012 SunSeeker 3100SS Toad-1962 Futura Average 100 + days camping
A32Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2019, 07:13 AM   #5
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 5,344
That's every day on here. Tires, cargo capacity, surge protection, xchocks...you name it...it all goes the same route.
TheWolfPaq82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2019, 07:30 AM   #6
Pickin', Campin', Mason
 
5picker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: South Western PA
Posts: 12,742
And 1,362 to post that is how internet forums are.
__________________
_________________________________________
2016 Flagstaff 8529IKBS Diamond Package 5th Wheel-Goodyear Endurance Tires
2017 Ford F-Series SCREW 4x4 - Factory Puck B&W Companion
TST Tire Monitor w/Repeater - Sinemate 3500w Gen.

Days Camped: '17=30 '18=51 '19=58 '20=98
5picker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2019, 07:39 AM   #7
Site Team
 
dcheatwood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 4,361
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5picker View Post
And 1,362 to post that is how internet forums are.
What kind of spark plug wrench does everyone use?
__________________
2018 Forester 3011 DS

dcheatwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2019, 07:40 AM   #8
Pickin', Campin', Mason
 
5picker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: South Western PA
Posts: 12,742
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcheatwood View Post
What kind of spark plug wrench does everyone use?
Mine is made in China!
__________________
_________________________________________
2016 Flagstaff 8529IKBS Diamond Package 5th Wheel-Goodyear Endurance Tires
2017 Ford F-Series SCREW 4x4 - Factory Puck B&W Companion
TST Tire Monitor w/Repeater - Sinemate 3500w Gen.

Days Camped: '17=30 '18=51 '19=58 '20=98
5picker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2019, 07:42 AM   #9
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 5,344
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5picker View Post
Mine is made in China!
Better get a new one made in the US before your's has a blowout and shreads the spark plug to pieces. China Wrench Bomb.
TheWolfPaq82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2019, 08:15 AM   #10
Senior Member
 
Iwannacamp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 7,841
This true and hilarious!!
__________________
2017 Puma 297RLSS
2005 Ram 2500 4X4 diesel SMOKER!!
I love puns, irony and tasteless jokes...
born in Texas.... live in Arkansas
Iwannacamp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2019, 08:20 AM   #11
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 557
Is it weird that I love to eat potato salad after changing spark plugs.
MtBiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2019, 08:37 AM   #12
RV There Yet?
 
IsleDog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Winona, MN
Posts: 821
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWolfPaq82 View Post
Better get a new one made in the US before your's has a blowout and shreads the spark plug to pieces. China Wrench Bomb.
careful now, this might be true for the older two piece plugs ford came out with!

__________________
2018 17RP
2009 Crew Cab King Ranch F150 "Goose"
IsleDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2019, 09:07 AM   #13
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 568
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cost4133 View Post
"How many Facebook group members does it take to change a spark plug?
1 to change the spark plug and to post that spark plug has been changed.
14 to share similar experiences of changing spark plugs and how the spark plug could have been changed differently.
7 to caution about the dangers of changing spark plugs.
27 to point out spelling/grammar errors in posts about changing spark plugs.
15 know-it-alls who claim *they* were in the industry, and that "spark plug" is an electrical device threaded into the cylinder of an internal-combustion engine to ignite the fuel mixture by producing timed sparks between electrodes.
6 to ask what is the correct gap setting.
2 to ask what is a 'feeler gauge'
2 to post that this group is not about spark plugs and to please take this discussion to a spark plug group.
27 to defend the posting to this group saying that we all use spark plugs and therefore the posts *are* relevant to this group.
16 to debate which method of changing spark plugs is superior, where to buy the best spark plugs, what brand of spark plugs work best for this technique, and what brands are faulty.
2 to post URL's where one can see examples of different spark plugs.
12 to post to the group that they will no longer post because they cannot handle the spark plug controversy.
4 to suggest that posters request the spark plugs FAQ.
16 to post wtf.
4 to ask what is a wtf?
4 to say "didn't we go through this already a short time ago?"
3 to say "do a Google search on spark plugs before posting questions about spark plugs".
14 to post photos of spark plugs they own.
1 forum lurker to respond to the original post 6 months from now and start it all over again...."
Agreed. And that is proof that when we look at something from all the different angles, most views are different from our own.
myxkp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2019, 09:25 AM   #14
Site Team
 
wmtire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Northeast Louisiana
Posts: 24,457
I've never changed my spark plugs, and never had a problem.
__________________
2011 Flagstaff 831 RLBSS

I'm trying to keep up with the Joneses, but every time I catch up, they refinance.
wmtire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2019, 10:44 AM   #15
Site Team
 
dcheatwood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 4,361
Quote:
Originally Posted by wmtire View Post
I've never changed my spark plugs, and never had a problem.
Well we can be sure that CW didn't install them!
__________________
2018 Forester 3011 DS

dcheatwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 06:56 AM   #16
Senior Member
 
SilhouettePenny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: in the South, North West Middle Tennessee
Posts: 1,516
What's a spark plug?
__________________
2017 F350 Dually 6.7
2019.5 Hathaway

He who dies with the most tools, wins!
SilhouettePenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 10:13 AM   #17
Senior Member
 
jk510's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 292
And yet nobody asked which brand is best...
__________________
Joel K
Southeast AZ
2013 Coachman Mirada 29DSSE
jk510 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 10:15 AM   #18
Site Team
 
Mr. Dan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Grayson County, Texas
Posts: 14,922
Do my spark plugs need nitrogen in them?
__________________
SEARCH is your friend!
FR Wildcat 295RSX / GMC Sierra

Nights Camped: '13 = 49/'14 = 74/'15 = 74/'16 = 85/'17 = 110/'18 = 111/'19 = 86/'20 = 94; booked = 14
Mr. Dan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 10:30 AM   #19
Senior Member
 
Bill and Gail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: NJ
Posts: 450
Quote:
Originally Posted by IsleDog View Post
careful now, this might be true for the older two piece plugs ford came out with!

Wow! You remember the Champion X plugs that were used in the Model T
Bill and Gail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 10:44 AM   #20
Senior Member
 
Iwannacamp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 7,841
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill and Gail View Post
Wow! You remember the Champion X plugs that were used in the Model T!
I am not familiar with that X term, but I started in auto parts in '81 and they were still stocked some of the multi-piece type plugs.

We got in an AC plug one time with no threads on it.... I had more fun with that plug telling guys the '80 whatever year GM cars were coming out with press in plugs and you would have to go to the dealer to have them changed(back the you had to change plugs pretty often). They would get all fired up and raise cane about tapping out the heads and so forth...
__________________
2017 Puma 297RLSS
2005 Ram 2500 4X4 diesel SMOKER!!
I love puns, irony and tasteless jokes...
born in Texas.... live in Arkansas
Iwannacamp is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Forest River, Inc. or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:25 PM.