Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-18-2013, 10:57 AM   #1
Site Team

Thibodeaux hunting (joke)

Down here in Cajun land we have really UGLY people. I used to see my neighbor, Thibodeaux, go out in the woods every morning and come back with a mess of squirrels, but I never saw him bring a gun.

One morning, I went out and met him and asked him if he was trapping them squirrels.

He said, "No, I just ugly them to death."

Well, I told him I never heard of such a thing and he invited me to come along and see how it was done. Shortly after we entered the woods, we spotted a squirrel up in a tree. Old Thibodeaux gave a short whistle to get the squirrel's attention and when the squirrel looked, Thibodeaux squinched up his face and stared right at the squirrel.

To my amazement, the squirrel dropped out of the tree and hit the ground, dead as a doornail.

I told Thibodeaux, "It is hard to believe anybody can do that!"

He said that it was no big deal he knew lots of people that could do that.
He said, "As a matter of fact, even my wife can do it, but I don't let her hunt anymore, 'cause she messes up the meat too bad."

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
wmtire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 11:27 AM   #2

The best storyteller in the world, Justin Wilson, told a story similar to this only using ducks!

"I gar-ron-tee"

I sure miss his TV cooking shows.

Bill

"I've got a mind like a steele.. a......a steele......um.....uh...... what's that thing called again?
fivecodys is offline   Reply With Quote