Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-25-2018, 01:14 PM   #1

Tis’ The Season

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1142.JPG
Views:	169
Size:	107.6 KB
ID:	192111

Bob
retiredcamper47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2018, 09:18 PM   #2
Paul & Dianne

Damm. That's pretty good, thanks! ROFLMAO!

True story... I live at the end of the road, five houses in a little pod - we're one of the five. Everybody on 3-4 acres, then there are a few hundred acres of woods behind us all. Every year, the same 3-4 guys come and park and hunt the woods behind the houses. We have more than a few deer - my wife, who works from home, saw the same doe and her fawn, crossing our driveway, this last spring/summer nearly every day.

Anyway, a couple years ago, came home late one afternoon and saw a couple of the hunters packing up. Stopped and said hello, shot the **** for a few minutes, went down the road 50 yards to my house.

Yep... there were three deer on my front lawn! Does, but still. I swear, they know you can't shoot them within 100 yds of an occupied dwelling...
ThruHiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2018, 09:32 AM   #3

Years ago, I had a small farm in Missouri. On the property we had three fields cornered together at a pond, there was a wooded area one the forth corner. Perfect spot for a deer stand. There were deer every morning and evening coming for water and using the cattle's salt lick. The stand was about 1/4 mile from the house. I walked out every morning for two weeks prior to opening day so they got used to my presence and smell. They came and eventually I seemed to be part of the scenery. Opening day I was in the stand. No deer. Nowhere. They disappeared. After 3 hours I was cold and bumfuzzled. I headed back to the house. The minute I opened the door the wife hollered, "Come here." I trudged to the bedroom where the wife was pointing out the big picture window overlooking a small pasture/melon patch. There sat six does and the 12 point buck I'd been watching every day. I swear he stuck his tongue out at me before trotting off with his harem into the woods. Go figure. I never saw him again until 2 weeks after deer season.

"Red" my 2018 Ford Lariat F-150 4X4 W/ Max Tow pkg
"Rover" our 2018 Forest River Wildwood X-Lite 241qbxl
revbilly is offline   Reply With Quote