Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-03-2017, 09:42 AM   #1

Wrong choice of words....humor

I have to share this with everyone.
We're heading out to a cabin this week for multi-family get together and wife brings a small Xmas tree (5') that we decorate in the cabin. She asked me this morning if I had the box of "Ordnance" to hang on the tree. I did my usual reply to a question like that with..."what size ? 20mm, 105, german 88 ? The puzzled look on her face was priceless.
TheWolfPaq82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 10:40 AM   #2
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWolfPaq82 View Post
I have to share this with everyone.
We're heading out to a cabin this week for multi-family get together and wife brings a small Xmas tree (5') that we decorate in the cabin. She asked me this morning if I had the box of "Ordnance" to hang on the tree. I did my usual reply to a question like that with..."what size ? 20mm, 105, german 88 ? The puzzled look on her face was priceless.
I'm involved in a game called geocaching where you use GPS coordinates to find things.

Our state parks got involved in it, like many states do, and published a series of their own geocaches, and were even giving away free cabin stays for those who were first to find and such. They were using it as a tourism and promotional thing.

Anyhow, when this series of geocaches went live online, the spelling mistakes were atrocious. It really reflected bad on us. Our local geocaching club, who had been coordinating with the state parks on this somewhat, were able to get their password and go in and fix this. It took one of our group over two nights to fix everything.

She still chuckles a little whenever we discuss this, and her favorite is how she had to fix over 50 different geocache webpages, where instead of coordinates, it was spelled "cordnance".

Your story reminded me of this.

Here is a link to main geocache page there. Now imagine seeing "cordnance" in place of how many times coordinates is used.

https://www.geocaching.com/geocache/...7-5745b97b19a4

OMG: We fixed all of this back in 2010. I see they have edited it in 2013, and someone can't even spell July.

I need to see if we still have the password. Unbelievable

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
wmtire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 11:55 AM   #3
Señor Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmtire View Post
Unbelievable
At work we stopped using this word.

We now simply say, "Believable!"
Old 12-03-2017, 01:23 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForestWalker View Post
At work we stopped using this word.

We now simply say, "Believable!"
I hear "Unbelievable" from our R&D dept everyday. I say the same as you....No ! it's "Believable." Always expect the unexpected.
TheWolfPaq82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 01:35 PM   #5
Site Team

Members here have intended to write “You are definitely overweight.”
Instead, they have written “You are defiantly overweight.”

That’s when the fight started.

Nights Camped: '13 = 49/'14 = 74/'15 = 74/'16 = 85/'17 = 110/'18 = 111/'19 = 86/'20 =108/'21 = 115/'22 = 135/'23 = 78; Booked for 2024 = 69
Mr. Dan is online now   Reply With Quote