You Know you're from Alabama.....if
1. You measure distance in minutes or how many beers it takes.
2. You've ever had to switch from 'heat' to 'A/C' in the same day.
3. You use 'fix' as a verb. Example: 'I'm fixing to go to the store'.
4. All the festivals across the state are named after a fruit, vegetable,
grain, insect or animal.
5. You install security lights on your house and garage and leave both
6. You know what a 'DAWG' is.
7. You carry jumper cables in your pickup...for your OWN pickup.
8. You only own four spices: salt, pepper, Tabasco and ketchup.
9. The local papers cover national and international news on one page but
require 6 pages for local gossip and sports.
10. You think that the first day of deer season is a national holiday.
11. You find 100 degrees Fahrenheit 'a little warm'.
12. You know all four seasons: Almost Summer, Summer, still Summer and
Christmas. Or for hunting widows.... deer, turkey, rabbit & quail.
13. A social outing may result in discovering distant relatives, dating
someone who grew up in the same county as you.
14. Going to Wal-mart is a favorite past time known as 'goin' Wal-martin' .
15. You describe the first cool snap (below 70 degrees) as good pinto-bean
16. A carbonated soft drink isn't a soda, cola or pop. it's a Coke,
regardless of brand or flavor.
Example: 'What kinda coke you want?'
17. Fried catfish is the other white meat.
18. We don't need no stinking driver's ed... .if our mama says we can drive,
we can drive.