Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-08-2013, 02:01 PM   #1

Add-A-Wall Installation - Clear Flaps on Inside or Outside?

I recently picked up a Forest River Add-A-Wall that I need to install. The OEM version has solid white vinyl on the bottom and screen on the top. There is also a flap of clear vinyl that can be rolled down to cover the screen portion to protect from wind/rain. My question is whether the clear roll-down flaps should go on the inside or outside of the trailer. It wasn't specified in the instructions and I've found a few pictures online of it installed both ways. I can make logical arguments for both. Installing the flaps on the outside would allow any rain to drip down outside the trailer but I'd have to go outside to lower them if it started raining or I just wanted to cut down on the airflow through the screen. Installing with the flaps on the inside would make raising/lowering more convenient but I'd have the potential for rain to drip on the inside. Of course, if it was raining, I'd most likely have closed the ramp door anyway.

Can anyone tell me how theirs is installed and any positive or negative experiences? Also, pictures of how it is installed along the top and sides would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Jim
Old 08-20-2015, 01:18 PM   #2

Hey ShoopDog, I guess you never received any responses to your post. I'm curious which direction did you choose and how did the screen wall turn out. I'm considering adding it to my 2014 26RR and just received the pricing from FR today, looking for others experience before I lay out the cash.

Thanks,
Dave
Mr.P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 07:44 AM   #3
RiderBloke

My 26RR rear screen was installed at the factory and has the weather screen on the inside.
You may wish to add more Velcro across the bottom and on the vertical section of the floor at the rear to stop critters from walking in. A tip from my dealer's tech which I followed.

Sent from my iPhone somewhere on the face of the earth using Forest River Forums
Habitat Care-a-Vanner
RiderBloke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 02:42 PM   #4

Thanks Rider Bloke. As my rig did not come with one, I really am trying to decide between one of the pull down screen options (Stoett, Phantom) or the factory velcro option. Can you share some picture of your factory option? It would be much appreciated, either in this thread or in a PM. Thanks in advance.
Mr.P is offline   Reply With Quote