Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-11-2021, 09:22 PM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by raspey View Post
I bought the Anderson level gizmo a year ago and have used it several times. Absolutely far superior than stacking plastic blocks or lengths of lumber on the the tires.

Best thing since sunshine!
Dakota 1120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2021, 09:24 PM   #42

Have a pair of then and loved the simplicity of use. Used them while traveling with two different TTs over 3-4 years. I had to trim back the narrow edge of one of them so it would fit between the closer spacing of the tires/axles of our current unit, with no loss of efficiency. We don't have to use them anymore since we are now set up on a seasonal site with a paved concrete pad.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20201017_082617.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	532.2 KB
ID:	245868  
wilcamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2021, 09:57 PM   #43

I use them once, recently got them, and love them. I just bought the LevelMatePRO and anxious to try it out with the levelers; I’m hoping to level without getting out to check.
tegarre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2021, 10:27 PM   #44

I use them on every trip and they work great. I don't have the level mate - I don't know what that is but I can imagine - so I have to have my wife help me with getting the right amount of lift but it's not a big deal.

Previously, I had those lego block things and they sucked. I love the infinite adjustability of the Andersons.

Highly recommended.
Old 01-11-2021, 10:34 PM   #45

I had Andersen Levelers for two years with my Airstream Classic before we bought our Dynamax motorhome. Absolutely loved them. Made leveling a breeze. We also had the LevelMate Pro. Like others have said, the combo takes the guess work out of leveling and makes it so easy.
“Breathe in, Breathe out, Move on”
MoJoe1003 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2021, 11:18 PM   #46

I bought them for my dual axel Rockwood 2104s. Had to cut them down to get one between wheels which is not easy. Felt needed to cut other same amount to match lift. Most often do not use, but do work.
Normutah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2021, 12:07 AM   #47

Work great but I can't recommend you buy them

I've had one for several years. It works great. Makes leveling a breeze. I broke mine but it was my fault and not a problem with the leveler.

However, I can't recommend them for a personal reason.
Ryan Anderson, the owner of Anderson Hitches who makes the leveler was caught defacing Corona Arch in Utah in 2018 (See link below). He did apologize for the damage but in my opinion, that does let him off the hook. He should have known better; especially if he is an RVer and outdoorsman. People who do that disgust me. If he had not been stupid enough to take a picture of himself and his family in front of his destruction, he would have gotten away with it just like all of the other scum that defaces the natural beauty in country.

https://www.rvtravel.com/anderson843/
gthomp10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2021, 03:48 AM   #48

Yep, I use them and never had a problem. Highly recommend.
fordguy61mi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2021, 07:36 AM   #49

I love them, have 2 sets, the 4" and 7". They cut set time, are easy to use, and don't take up much storage space. I would recommend them.
The Horn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2021, 07:56 AM   #50

Love them!

We went with Beech brand as they seemed more solid. We did have to trim one unit to fit the close axle measurement but all brands would require this step.

My only warning would be to watch for soft ground. These can push into the ground some depending on how soft it is and the further you pull up on to the end the less surface contact there is driving them into the ground. This is easily fixed with a 2x8.

Someone mentioned that theirs had moved or would shift when loading or unloading, Beech's come with two rubber pads to help remedy this.
Hawkester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2021, 08:38 AM   #51

Beech Lane one's here. Got them toward the end of this past season, but the two times I used them, they worked great. After reading about and seeing many good review of the Level Mate Pro, I will have one of those for this upcoming season. Should make leveling even easier.
Old 01-12-2021, 09:40 AM   #52

Leveling blocks available

Quote:
Originally Posted by itat View Post
We have electric auto-level on our 5er but LCI says you shouldn’t have the tires off the ground so I like to get it reasonably level before hitting “Autolevel”. That frequently means using something to lift the low side. My wife bought me a set of Anderson Levellers for Christmas. I wanted to get the black Beech Lane levellers because they’re suppose to be less prone to breaking, but they’ve been out of stock on Amazon.ca for quite a while.
https://www.etrailer.com/Wheel-Chock...waAhdIEALw_wcB
boblinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2021, 11:46 AM   #53

Been using Anderson leveler for around 4 years now. We love then, but they do have there drawbacks. They are limited on height, they sometimes spin out from under the tire when you are trying to use them on gravel or smooth pavement. On soft surfaces like grass the have a tendency to sink because they don't have a large foot print to keep them from sinking. Another issue is if your axles are to close you might not be able to use them because they are to long. I had to cut about 2.50" off mine to get them to fit between the wheels because my axles are close together. Just a little bit of info to consider before picking up a set.
Joe M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2021, 12:10 PM   #54

I like all of the Anderson products I have purchased, hitch components, levelers, blocks etc. All are great, easy to store. Most of all, less dikkering with my better half at the campsite. LOL!
Sturge8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2021, 12:23 PM   #55
jvg

When I had my trailer used them and liked them. Easiest level I worked with. I camp often alone and only had to be careful didn't go too far and over the end. Also, with two wheels on one side you may have to cut one to fit between the wheels. Easy to do with hack saw and they give good directions. I now have 5th wheel with leveling so they sit in garage.
jvg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2021, 12:41 PM   #56

Anderson Levelers

I do have Anderson Levelers and own a one axle camper. I took my time and leveled my camper using bubble levels and checking that with the inside of the three way fridge and when satisfied I took two Camco graduated level indicators and stuck one on the front of our camper for side to side and then one on the side to get front to back. I have a WIFI camera that I can place in front of the side to side graduated level mounted on the camper and after my wife places the curved part of the Anderson Leveler so I can either push or pull the camper accordingly, I can watch from the truck cabin when the camper has arrived at level. I then set the brake, Place the wedge part of the Anderson Leveler in place and proceed with removing the tongue from the ball, move the truck and then level the camper front to back using the other Camco Graduated Level which I can again watch from my WIFI camera without being physically in front of the Graduated level. It takes very little time using this method.
chuckyb9876 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2021, 12:44 PM   #57

Thumbs up Anderson Blocks

I Highly recommend them. Unless you are camping on extreme terrain these are perfect for quick side to side leveling. I had one set for my single axle R-Pod and got a second when we moved up to our two axle Salem Light.
KJacksonJr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2021, 01:33 PM   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron.danahy View Post
Do you ever find the need to carry any additional blocks with you?

Oh, heck yes. For the tires, if I only need an inch, for the stabilizers, for the tongue; you just never know.
Alan H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2021, 01:51 PM   #59

Anderson Blocks -- AWESOME

I was a rookie back in '17 and went with Camco Yellow Blocks, because that's what the RV dealership stated were the best--Wrongo! I still carry my yellow clocks, but never for leveling. I purchased the Anderson Levelers and never use anything else. Along with Level Mate Pro--I drive around the site--find the best spot and have wife (bless her heart) place the Anderson Levelers and poof we are done within 5-minutes. For parking on the street, be sure to use the rubber mats provided--they prevent slippage. I love my Anderson Levelers and don't leave home without them!
S.Edington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2021, 02:16 PM   #60

Blocks vs Ramps vs Pads

After looking at several types of leveling "systems", I opted to use rubber pavers in place of leveling blocks. They are ¾" thick and easily stackable. I got mine For $4 from Menards and cut them in half. They’re also available from Home Depot, Lowes and other big box stores. Another alternative might be the material used for stall mats.

I bought several to use as levelers. Use a utility knife to split a couple of them in half (16" x 8") and stack them up as necessary.

Then, if I have leftovers, I spread them out under the steps to function as a doormat.

Finally, when I visit the dump site, I stack them all up under the curb-side wheel to facilitate the flow out of the grey tank.

They have a “gritty” texture on both top & bottom so that “slipage” is impossible. Also, since they are rubber, the top edge isn't “sharp” making it easy to “drive” up on two or three or four.....
LarryB. is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leveling, lock