Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-23-2014, 01:08 PM   #1

At last, the 27rr's are being shipped to dealers!!!

I have been waiting for a couple of months now to see one of these. It's a new model and as far as I can find out it's only been in the last couple of weeks that they have been shipping them to dealers. Friday my dealer called and said it just came in so Saturday we went and looked at it. I have a 21rr and carry a rzr in it but it's a tight fit. I have been considering an xlr27 hfs but wanted to see the new 27rr first. The following are some of my observations. Both trailers weigh about the same. The xlr can carry about 4,000lbs of cargo the 21rr about 2,200lbs. My rzr weighs about a thousand pounds. I like the fact that the xlr is only 30' long while the 27rr is 33'-6". However the extra space inside the 27rr is really nice. The xlr seems dark inside while the 27rr is lighter. The salesman said it is because the windows in the xlr are tinted. That is a bit of a plus if you are a private person because you cannot see into the xlr very well. The garage in the xlr looks like most garages, the one in the 27rr looks warm and cozy and is decorated like the rest of the trailer. Also it is 11' long compared to 9' for the xlr. I think we would get a lot of use out of the fold down sofas and dining table in the garage of the 27rr. The 27rr has an oven and range top while the xlr only has the range top. It appears the xlr would be more rugged and has a better build quality with fiberglass sides compared to aluminum. I can buy a 27rr for about $3,000 less. If the weather was bad and we were confined to the camper we would definitely prefer the 27rr because of the warm and fuzzy feeling. I guess in the end I have to decide if the extra 3'-6" would be a problem for me.

If anyone knows any more about this model or has any comments I would like to see them. Thanks
at last
comfun1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 04:48 PM   #2
RiderBloke

The new 26RR is worth a look. Bed is walk around and it is a couple of feet shorter.
Habitat Care-a-Vanner
RiderBloke is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dealer