Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-11-2017, 10:50 AM   #1

Fuel station problems

Starting a new thread because the forum wont let me post on old topics.

As soon as I turn my pump station switch from off to on, the fuse blows immediately. Would the sticky pump problem cause this? I havent used the pump in about a year. It seems like it should be the switch or wires, but I dont know.
I couldnt see any wires burnt or grounded.
Thanks in advance
Gas-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2017, 10:57 AM   #2

I have a Vengence touring 39C14. It uses a 15amp fuse.
Old 02-11-2017, 06:05 PM   #3

You may want to take the pump apart and sand the pump gears. With today's fuel it doesn't take much time before it will start gumming things up. Just a thought. Good luck.
Mastertech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2017, 06:11 PM   #4

So I should be able to unplug the pump and narrow down pump or switch issue first??
Thanks
Old 02-12-2017, 09:47 AM   #5

My guess is Mastertech is shooting for the most common problem first. The plastic gears inside these pumps do not like Ethanol in the fuels we have today. The water causes them to swell over time to the point they're so swollen, they're not able to move. Shaving off the excess is the easiest fix.

From now on, whenever you get this solved, put something like Lucas Fuel Ethanol Treatment in every tank.
KFX450RXC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 03:22 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by KFX450RXC View Post
My guess is Mastertech is shooting for the most common problem first. The plastic gears inside these pumps do not like Ethanol in the fuels we have today. The water causes them to swell over time to the point they're so swollen, they're not able to move. Shaving off the excess is the easiest fix.

From now on, whenever you get this solved, put something like Lucas Fuel Ethanol Treatment in every tank.
Has anyone tried to replace with metal gears? Either aftermarket or custom made?
bhoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2017, 05:55 PM   #7

Fuel Station issue

Hi there! We purchased our 2017 camper in May and the 3rd time we've tried to pump gas into our dirt bikes, the pump immediately blows the fuse. We've replaced the fuse, even went to a 20 amp (came with 15 amp). Now it doesn't blow the fuse, however the pump will not turn on. Any ideas? It doesn't seem old enough to have issues.
DanaA01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2017, 02:04 AM   #8

Had similar issue and found it was the ground. Easy fix.

2008 Georgetown 373DS
jmck1737 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2017, 07:18 AM   #9

I ended up having a few other issue that needed attention too, so I took mine back to dealer.
All they did was put a 20a fuse in it and said "fixed no problem". I have since switch to a super C dynamax, so I'm not sure how it held up.
Old 09-06-2017, 03:20 PM   #10

Check for loose/corroded or rusty connections. Clean them up and weather proof them. I used liquid electrical tape on mine. Also look for wires that are chafing against anything.
If that doesn't get the pump to turn, then lightly sand a side of the nylon pump gears and reassemble the unit. Sanding the gears solved the problem with my pump being locked up.
otrtrucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 10:57 PM   #11

So my dads toyhauler kept blowing fuses on the fuel pump. It had a 10 amp fuse in it. I read the manual for the pump and it had a 12 amp draw. We put in a 15 amp fuse and never had another problem.
jjgabe is offline   Reply With Quote