Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-08-2012, 09:12 PM   #1

look for ideas on a rear hitch for my toy hauler

well, the ol' lady wanted a wave runner, so we added another toy to the collection last week. i want to pull it behind my wolfpack toyhauler, but it has no rear hitch. the wife is a paper pusher at a welding/fab shop, so i know we can take it there and have them figure SOMETHING out for a fair price, but i am mainly looking for some pics and ideas of what others have done. obviously most of you are not familiar with the wolfpacks, but the spare tire is in the center, right under the rear end. so that will throw a bit of a curve ball into the mix. once again, mainly looking for some ideas that others have successfully tried so i can get it done right. thanks in advance...

i looked for a pic of the rear to show the spare tire that will be in the way, and this is the only one i have on the computer...

2012 Dodge 2500 - deleted and tuned by H&S performance
Bocephus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 11:02 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Hello, can't help any, although I do see your trailer is out of warranty. Most state anything done to the frame voids warranty. Also most states don't allow you to pull two trailers. If you do have a hitch built, keep in mind the ramp door and make sure it doesn't interfere with it. Also, you will never back it as you won't be able to see the wave runner on it's trailer. You will also have to move the wave runner and trailer by hand a lot. Then you have to fabricate a wiring harness to get the lights on the trailer to work.Lastly, don't forget to keep the proper hitch in the truck, so when you do get unhooked from the camper, you can hook the wave runner and be able to launch and retrieve it. Good Luck.
2008 Yamaha V-Star 650 Classic

2008 Work and Play 18LT
LadyWindrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 08:22 PM   #3

You might need this site:
Largo, FL Trailer Hitch - 5th Wheel Hitch - Trailer Parts