Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-22-2021, 08:15 AM   #21

In the case of 3-way pumps do you have more than I switch to activate the pump (I.e. one on main control panel & one in a bathroom)?
Old 09-22-2021, 10:02 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishingkid View Post
I purchased a brand new 2021 Forest River Wolfpack 23pack15 on 09/24/21 the initial walk through was fast rushed and interrupted after getting home going through the trailer I guess I have a few questions.

First question that comes to mind is what is the TST truck system technology? I have a sticker on trailer window I’m assuming a way to monitor trailer tire pressures? If so how would I go about doing that?

Is there a receiver hitch pin that is locking and rated for large towing capacity? Is that even something to worry about or do any of the locking receiver hitch pins work? What about length? I have a ram 2500 with the larger receiver any locking pin recommendations?

What about the tongue of the trailer the dealership gave me a pin to use while hauling the trailer. What lock do you recommend for these large trailer tongues?

Toy hauler garage door lock recommendations? Anything specific I should look for? I will be storing my trailer in a storage yard 15 miles from home just trying not make sure I cover my bases on security.

Do you have a lock on your generator door?

Thank you for all the help and recommendations I have a lot to learn and several trips planned in the near future.

I have a stupid question in reading this post posted on 9/21/21.
How did you pick up and do a walk through on 9/24/21.. different time zone?Time travel? Or maybe I’m behind?? Lol anyway good luck and happy camping..
dsjohns71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2021, 11:24 AM   #23

09/14/21 sorry typo
fishingkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2021, 11:54 AM   #24

Quote:
Is that a option? Can I have warranty parts shipped to me? Some of the smaller stuff I don’t mind doing myself without leaving trailer at a shop for months. The bigger items like generator not working and the entry door bowed and not shutting or opening properly I much rather have them do. I think the entry door hinge has screws and rivets and it is all glass I imagine that thing is heavy and not easy to replace.
I also have a panel with push buttons to check tank levels and battery level the bottom bottom for battery does not work button does not compress as if it was pushed to hard and broken. Not sure technical name of this device?
I have had warranty items shipped to me to fix. If you are handy and mechanically inclined, it will make things much easier. So far in my 2020:

Fresh water tank fell out while travelling
The above ripped the belly panel loose in the front half of trailer
Sink fell completely out (twice)
Roof leaked around two of my vents
Outdoor speaker quit working
Shower drain disconnected and flooded bathroom
Freezer door cracked

These things just don't seem to be built to bounce down the highway, unfortunately. I have been fortunate that I was able to fix everything myself so far. The dealer did ship me the new speaker and freezer door panel free of charge. Every time we take a trip, something needs fixed, tightened, or tweaked. There are countless threads talking about quality, or lack-there-of with newer RVs. Good luck and happy camping!
Old 09-22-2021, 04:39 PM   #25

Quote:
I purchased a brand new 2021 Forest River Wolfpack 23pack15 on 09/24/21 the initial walk through was fast rushed and interrupted after getting home going through the trailer I guess I have a few questions.

First question that comes to mind is what is the TST truck system technology? I have a sticker on trailer window I’m assuming a way to monitor trailer tire pressures? If so how would I go about doing that?

Is there a receiver hitch pin that is locking and rated for large towing capacity? Is that even something to worry about or do any of the locking receiver hitch pins work? What about length? I have a ram 2500 with the larger receiver any locking pin recommendations?

What about the tongue of the trailer the dealership gave me a pin to use while hauling the trailer. What lock do you recommend for these large trailer tongues?

Toy hauler garage door lock recommendations? Anything specific I should look for? I will be storing my trailer in a storage yard 15 miles from home just trying not make sure I cover my bases on security.

Do you have a lock on your generator door?

Thank you for all the help and recommendations I have a lot to learn and several trips planned in the near future.

Why was the "walk through" Also known as a PDI Pre-Delivery Inspection rushed?

That was you opportunity to learn how EVERYTHING in that camper works......Before you drove it home
Old 09-22-2021, 05:42 PM   #26

LONG story short we drove 8 hours to the dealership. We had a appointment. They had trailer sitting outside the bay they had a tech go through interior first he was in a hurry nice enough guy. Then we went to exterior I seen tons of corrosion on all exposed wires, ground wire screws propane tanks it had some road salt on the undercarriage I had the tech go get the manager I was extremely upset to have driven this far and the trailer had a list of issues growing and surface rust underneath. After hours of going back and forth they put us up in a hotel and started replacing parts. Pressure washed under the trailer. Wire brushed the rust on frame painted it replaced ground wire screws repaired wiring. Ordered us a patio railing kit for the party deck. We returned following day inspected exterior and headed home. We were told local dealer could perform warranty repairs which is 2 pages long of work orders.
Not sure the 14k price savings after getting extras thrown in was worth the hassle over purchasing local.
Old 09-23-2021, 07:52 AM   #27

New trailer owner with questions

Another thing to remember about warranty work, all your components are third party manufacturers, some of these components have longer warranty then the FR warranty, your refrigerator dependent on manufacture has two years. Go through your paperwork and register all your components with the respective manufacture. It’s easier to go through these manufactures then messing with a bad dealer. Some items that you could also contact manufacture.

Toilet
Stove
Refrigerator
Generator
Air conditioner
Heater
Electric tongue jack
Water heater

To name a few. You can also get pre approval for mobile tech.

My RV has never gone back to dealer since it was pulled away. I am also very handy and mechanically inclined.

Good luck.
2020 Ram 2500 Crew cab 6.5 bed

Ron & Shirley (Empty Nesters)
rmac04401 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2021, 10:49 PM   #28

Anyone know what this is? Looks like something is missing? I originally thought maybe the thermostat could be relocated to this location like maybe moved at night while sleeping for closer control. But after looking at thermostat it did not appear to be that. Any ideas?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	93D3C8C3-3B4A-413C-A051-71487086BF87.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	464.1 KB
ID:	263384   Click image for larger version

Name:	30D72D02-E238-478C-AAE0-A3766D8E0847.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	462.8 KB
ID:	263385  
Old 09-24-2021, 11:47 PM   #29

Quote:
Anyone know what this is? Looks like something is missing? I originally thought maybe the thermostat could be relocated to this location like maybe moved at night while sleeping for closer control. But after looking at thermostat it did not appear to be that. Any ideas?
It is a charging station mount for a bluetooth speaker:

Drive BTP-185 Portable Bluetooth Speaker

That mount is $30. The speaker is $120. It's a tease item, you have to buy the speaker separately.
NavyLCDR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2021, 07:37 AM   #30

Thank you for that information I would have never guessed
Old 09-25-2021, 08:43 AM   #31

But...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsdata View Post
Often those tank level lights and battery level ( idiot lights) never work well or give wrong information.
But this one is a defective membrane keyboard. The button has no effect at all.
"Always bypass the water heater before opening the low-point drains."
Sticks and Bricks: Raleigh, NC
2008 Cherokee 38P: at Ivor, VA permanently
Larry-NC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2021, 08:48 AM   #32

Do the math

Quote:
Not sure the 14k price savings after getting extras thrown in was worth the hassle over purchasing local.
Do the math. If you value your time at $100/hour (after taxes), then you can spend 140 hours on this and still come out ahead. That's 3-1/2 weeks of dedicating 40 hours a week on the problem.

Looks to me like you will have the satisfaction of coming out ahead.
Old 09-25-2021, 06:40 PM   #33

Maybe a dumb question but I noticed this on top of the trailer. I googled it and it shows it is atv antenna. What exactly can you do with it? Is it like the old bunny ears you can pick up a couple local stations?
Winegard air 360
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	E49126A0-CB3A-4E12-B6C2-182898944C7B.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	173.4 KB
ID:	263423  
Old 09-25-2021, 06:46 PM   #34

Quote:
Maybe a dumb question but I noticed this on top of the trailer. I googled it and it shows it is atv antenna. What exactly can you do with it? Is it like the old bunny ears you can pick up a couple local stations?

Winegard air 360
That's optional internet antenna. There'll be hookups in the top of the cabinet above your radio
Vontriple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2021, 07:32 PM   #35

Quote:
Winegard air 360

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vontriple View Post
That's optional internet antenna. There'll be hookups in the top of the cabinet above your radio
Actually, it is the standard Winegard Air 360 antenna which is only for TV and AM/FM radio. It does not have capability for internet. If you want internet with the Winegard System, you need to upgrade the antenna to the Winegard Air 360+. There should be a wall plate inside the RV with a coax catv type connector and a button with a light. Press the botton and if the light is on then you activate the amplifier in the antenna to help receive local tv and radio channels. Turn the light off with the button and you are setup to receive cable TV connected to an outside connector on the RV (if equipped with an outside connection).
NavyLCDR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2021, 07:44 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by NavyLCDR View Post
Actually, it is the standard Winegard Air 360 antenna which is only for TV and AM/FM radio. It does not have capability for internet. If you want internet with the Winegard System, you need to upgrade the antenna to the Winegard Air 360+. There should be a wall plate inside the RV with a coax catv type connector and a button with a light. Press the botton and if the light is on then you activate the amplifier in the antenna to help receive local tv and radio channels. Turn the light off with the button and you are setup to receive cable TV connected to an outside connector on the RV (if equipped with an outside connection).
You're absolutely correct. I thought the hotspot was with that since it was on the underside, but it's a lippert thingClick image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20210926_004159491.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	42.5 KB
ID:	263431
Vontriple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2021, 06:05 PM   #37

Some units come with the TST and some are just prepped. Prepped means you have to buy the system or monitor.
Max Tow (10 speed, 3:73, 11,700lbs), HD Payload (2440lbs)
2015 Puma 253 FBS
2013 Hyundai Santa Fe
2000 Honda EX 400, Rad Rover 6 Plus
Palinduff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2021, 06:54 PM   #38

Source?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palinduff View Post
Some units come with the TST and some are just prepped. Prepped means you have to buy the system or monitor.
You're the first person I've heard say that. Just wondering if you have a source for the information.

Hard to imagine that they would put sensors in the tires and a repeater on the frame and omit the monitor.
Old 09-27-2021, 07:04 PM   #39

Missing items

Quote:
Thank you I appreciate the help and I definitely plan to hold them to it. Especially where I have had the trailer 1 week tomorrow and the list of missing or not working properly is growing. I think they were under the impression they would get away with all of it where I am located in a different state.
You should find a sheet which details everything which was installed in the unit by the manufacturer. If it shows a TPMS in the equipment then there’s a monitor included since it is part of the system. Unfortunately not all dealers are interested in providing a product for a customer as they should. Hopefully yours will come through.
Old 09-28-2021, 12:01 AM   #40

---Quote (Originally by Palinduff)---
---End Quote---
You're the first person I've heard say that. Just wondering if you have a source for the information.

Hard to imagine that they would put sensors in the tires and a repeater on the frame and omit the monitor.

I worked at a Grand Design dealership for a couple of months and if I recall correctly, some of the units came fully equipped with the TST repeater and some of the units came with just the docking station. In which case you would have to buy the monitor separately. The ones that were fully equipped had the box with the repeater in the package with all the manuals.
Max Tow (10 speed, 3:73, 11,700lbs), HD Payload (2440lbs)
2015 Puma 253 FBS
2013 Hyundai Santa Fe
2000 Honda EX 400, Rad Rover 6 Plus
Palinduff is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
question, questions, trailer