Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-21-2021, 08:53 AM   #1

New trailer owner with questions

I purchased a brand new 2021 Forest River Wolfpack 23pack15 on 09/24/21 the initial walk through was fast rushed and interrupted after getting home going through the trailer I guess I have a few questions.

First question that comes to mind is what is the TST truck system technology? I have a sticker on trailer window I’m assuming a way to monitor trailer tire pressures? If so how would I go about doing that?

Is there a receiver hitch pin that is locking and rated for large towing capacity? Is that even something to worry about or do any of the locking receiver hitch pins work? What about length? I have a ram 2500 with the larger receiver any locking pin recommendations?

What about the tongue of the trailer the dealership gave me a pin to use while hauling the trailer. What lock do you recommend for these large trailer tongues?

Toy hauler garage door lock recommendations? Anything specific I should look for? I will be storing my trailer in a storage yard 15 miles from home just trying not make sure I cover my bases on security.

Do you have a lock on your generator door?

Thank you for all the help and recommendations I have a lot to learn and several trips planned in the near future.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	9CE34FFE-ECCB-46DA-8DD0-788DCCC9ACAD.jpg
Views:	180
Size:	273.8 KB
ID:	263142  
fishingkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2021, 10:11 AM   #2

I replaced all the ch751 locks on the exterior with barrel locks. For the generator door I removed one turn latch and replaced it with a barrel lock too. For the ramp door on ours, we used Kwik set smart key padlocks, so that our house key opens those as well and not another key for me to misplace. The tst is tire monitoring, they should've given you a screen that plugs into your cigarette lighter socket for that. We have that on ours as well, but have yet to pull it out of the plastic. Same goes for the backup camera.
Vontriple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2021, 10:15 AM   #3

On a side note, we have a 21 vengeance rogue 26vks. Identical aside from the bathroom layout and different sofas
Attachment 263150
Vontriple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2021, 10:24 AM   #4
Georgia Rally Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishingkid View Post
I purchased a brand new 2021 Forest River Wolfpack 23pack15 on 09/24/21 the initial walk through was fast rushed and interrupted after getting home going through the trailer I guess I have a few questions.

First question that comes to mind is what is the TST truck system technology? I have a sticker on trailer window I’m assuming a way to monitor trailer tire pressures? If so how would I go about doing that? ….
Yes the TST system is for monitoring trailer tires for heat build up and air temp and will let you know if there is a problem with a tire. These sensors have been installed in the trailer tires, you will now need to purchase the monitor if you did not get one with the unit and then program the sensors. It is a very good system and will give you piece of mind while traveling and possibly a lot of damage to your trailer from tire failure. Later RJD
2018 Dodge Ram 2500 6.4 3:73 gearing. Traded 2015 Chevy 2500 6.0, 4:10
Traded 2015 30WRLIKS V-Lite
Days camped 2019 62
Days camped 2020 49 days camped 2021-74 2022-40 days 2023 5 days
aceinspp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2021, 01:57 PM   #5

Should have gotten it

Quote:
Originally Posted by aceinspp View Post
Yes the TST system is for monitoring trailer tires for heat build up and air temp and will let you know if there is a problem with a tire. These sensors have been installed in the trailer tires, you will now need to purchase the monitor if you did not get one with the unit and then program the sensors. It is a very good system and will give you piece of mind while traveling and possibly a lot of damage to your trailer from tire failure. Later RJD
You should have gotten the TST monitor with the trailer. You paid for it. Look in all the drawers and cupboards before you go back to the dealer.
"Always bypass the water heater before opening the low-point drains."
Sticks and Bricks: Raleigh, NC
2008 Cherokee 38P: at Ivor, VA permanently
Larry-NC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2021, 02:20 PM   #6

If/when you find the monitor it will have a manual in it that will show you how to program it to read the sensors; don’t just plug it in and expect it to work. A very proficient dealer would have pre-programmed it and showed you how it works. But, unfortunately, those kind of dealers are like unicorns.
Old 09-21-2021, 02:30 PM   #7

I have searched the trailer and did not find a Controller I did get the back up camera controller that plugs into cigarette lighter. I have contacted the dealer my contact is going to ask the salesman.
Old 09-21-2021, 02:37 PM   #8

As odd as it sounds, check the refrigerator. They often get thrown in there.
Old 09-21-2021, 03:28 PM   #9

They mentioned this is a option on the unit possibly not something included in my package? We will see what they come back with.
Old 09-21-2021, 03:36 PM   #10

Not true. See: https://youtu.be/Q1vH6lOELS8
Old 09-21-2021, 04:44 PM   #11

Don't let them get away with that

Quote:
They mentioned this is a option on the unit possibly not something included in my package? We will see what they come back with.
Don't let them get away with that. If you got the sensors, you get the monitor. Hold their feet to the fire.
"Always bypass the water heater before opening the low-point drains."
Sticks and Bricks: Raleigh, NC
2008 Cherokee 38P: at Ivor, VA permanently
Larry-NC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2021, 05:04 PM   #12

Thank you I appreciate the help and I definitely plan to hold them to it. Especially where I have had the trailer 1 week tomorrow and the list of missing or not working properly is growing. I think they were under the impression they would get away with all of it where I am located in a different state.
Old 09-21-2021, 05:08 PM   #13

If they don’t treat you right then do not hesitate to contact Forest River directly.
Old 09-21-2021, 05:14 PM   #14

Quote:
Thank you I appreciate the help and I definitely plan to hold them to it. Especially where I have had the trailer 1 week tomorrow and the list of missing or not working properly is growing. I think they were under the impression they would get away with all of it where I am located in a different state.
It many cases it was easier to repair warranty items myself rather than have it sit at the dealer for 6 weeks.
Old 09-21-2021, 05:28 PM   #15

Is that a option? Can I have warranty parts shipped to me? Some of the smaller stuff I don’t mind doing myself without leaving trailer at a shop for months. The bigger items like generator not working and the entry door bowed and not shutting or opening properly I much rather have them do. I think the entry door hinge has screws and rivets and it is all glass I imagine that thing is heavy and not easy to replace.
I also have a panel with push buttons to check tank levels and battery level the bottom bottom for battery does not work button does not compress as if it was pushed to hard and broken. Not sure technical name of this device?
Old 09-21-2021, 05:53 PM   #16

Yes, you can have warranty items shipped to you. Generally you should go through your dealer (as I have) but there have been instances where the factory will get directly involved with you.
Old 09-21-2021, 06:44 PM   #17

Quote:
I also have a panel with push buttons to check tank levels and battery level the bottom bottom for battery does not work button does not compress as if it was pushed to hard and broken. Not sure technical name of this device?
Often those tank level lights and battery level ( idiot lights) never work well or give wrong information.

2014 Shamrock 183
2014 RAM 1500 Bighorn Crew Cab, HEMI, 3.21 gears, 8 Spd, 4X4 TST TPMS
rsdata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2021, 10:50 PM   #18

Just a FWIW on the locks. With the best hard steel locks, our experienced burglar just cut the hasps with his hacksaw. The locks looked pretty funky hanging from the hasp loops beside the open doors. He had keys to the yellow locks that fit where the trailer tongue hitches to the ball from the TV. Good insurance and keeping valuables at home are important.
Dirt Sifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2021, 11:23 PM   #19

Quote:
If it is like the panel below, pry the cover off from the tab at the top center. You will see how the circuit board snaps in place, and it likely has come un-snapped on the battery button side.

Name:   Capture1.jpg
Views: 1995
Size:  300.0 KB
NavyLCDR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2021, 07:52 AM   #20

Pic
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	B18D520E-AC9E-4F90-ADAE-BC447E373565.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	404.6 KB
ID:	263203