Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-30-2019, 12:36 PM   #1
Pa Groundhog

Sewer Hose Storage

I just bought an FSX 180RT. What brand of hose carrier do you recommend that is good quality? I am looking to mount it under the camper. Thanks
PaGroundhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2019, 12:51 PM   #2

I have installed 2 of these and am very happy.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	carrier.jpg
Views:	309
Size:	9.6 KB
ID:	195691  
2rad4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2019, 01:33 PM   #3
Pa Groundhog

Did you put two on one camper and if so... why wasn't one enough? Thanks
Old 01-30-2019, 01:41 PM   #4
Always Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2rad4u View Post

Mine came with one of those and it works well for up to 20' of hose. I carry about 35' or 45' of hose in total. The rest gets stored in a storage box that goes in the hatch.

In the same box, I keep my 90-degree campsite connector, 2 clear elbows, and a pair of black tank flush hoses.

I plan on making/installing a couple of vinyl fence post cover storage tubes on the camper for the storage of the rest of the hose + accouterments.
Old 01-30-2019, 01:42 PM   #5
Always Learning

Here's a recent (and active) post on the same topic, if it helps:
http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...ge-177779.html
Old 01-30-2019, 01:43 PM   #6
Pa Groundhog

Got it... Thanks again
Old 01-30-2019, 01:48 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaGroundhog View Post
Did you put two on one camper and if so... why wasn't one enough? Thanks
I carry 4 of the 10 foot sections. I like having plenty if I need it.

The span under my camper was perfect for 20' of hose.
2rad4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2019, 01:59 PM   #8

X2
I made a couple plates to mount these
On the pass lippert welded to the frame for power stabilizers. Also installed two. They're just over 6 1/2 ft long and hold 4 fishing rods. The other holds sewer hose
jeff64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 04:28 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff64 View Post
X2
I made a couple plates to mount these
On the pass lippert welded to the frame for power stabilizers. Also installed two. They're just over 6 1/2 ft long and hold 4 fishing rods. The other holds sewer hose
Loving the fishing rod idea! Plenty of room inside to haul them but always worry about them getting stepped on if laid on the floor next to the golf cart.

Thanks for sharing!
Old 02-07-2019, 10:00 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by CincyGus View Post
Loving the fishing rod idea! Plenty of room inside to haul them but always worry about them getting stepped on if laid on the floor next to the golf cart.

Thanks for sharing!
If you are doing this, stop by either Cabela's or Bass Pro and pick up a rod sleeve for each of the poles. They look like an old Chinese finger torture toy. They will protect the ferrules and rod tips from breakage and keep things from rattling around. Like I said, I made a plate to extend the pads on the frame to give me a little more than 6 1/2" (1 piece rods) on the tubes which I think go out to 96"
jeff64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 10:10 AM   #11
Traveling Two

Displayed tubes are also available at Camping World and last time I checked were actually a little cheaper then Amazon. I have one of these tubes and mounted in under my trailer bumper tube. Works great. Plan to mount another tube in front of our tires since I now have a new trailer with two drain locations.
jerryliving is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 07:43 PM   #12

5"x5" Vinyl fence post cover w/ end caps from Home Depot $25.
Wolf26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 07:52 PM   #13

This is what I did.

Name:	IMG_1.jpg
Views:	189
Size:	54.5 KB
ID:	197701

Name:	IMG_3.jpg
Views:	188
Size:	65.7 KB
ID:	197702

Ddubya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 08:00 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2rad4u View Post

I bought one of those from CW and worked half a day installing it under my 5er and the Damm Rino hose wont go into it. so much for all that work
Amateur Radio W5CI 2019 Days Camping 25
2020 Days Camping 7
W5CI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 08:24 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaGroundhog View Post
I just bought an FSX 180RT. What brand of hose carrier do you recommend that is good quality? I am looking to mount it under the camper. Thanks
Hey there. We just purchased the 260Rt and we luv it [emoji1] was wondering how you made out with the sewer hose carrier install. We put ours on the front frame behind the propane tanks. Couldnt find a spot under the trailer. Thx Wendy
Wendy7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 08:39 PM   #16

I installed the Valterra hose carrier under our TT. I got the longer version and made a couple of brackets from angle iron so I could mount under the I-beam on each side. It's attached to the 2x2 tubing for the elec. stab. jack. It's right under the pass-through at the front where I keep the hose fittings. Super easy & fast to pull the hose out and hook it up. We have another couple of lengths of hose in the bumper for the rare occasion we need more hose. Got it at a CW store since it was the lowest price anywhere at the time.

We have the Valterra Dominator hose which is nice the way it collapses like an accordion to fit in the hose carrier easily. The hose slides into the carrrier way easier than a bumper due to the dia. of the carrier, plus being round.

Oh, I see this was an old thread but there you go anyway.

Old 06-25-2019, 09:14 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by myredracer View Post
I installed the Valterra hose carrier under our TT. I got the longer version and made a couple of brackets from angle iron so I could mount under the I-beam on each side. It's attached to the 2x2 tubing for the elec. stab. jack. It's right under the pass-through at the front where I keep the hose fittings. Super easy & fast to pull the hose out and hook it up. We have another couple of lengths of hose in the bumper for the rare occasion we need more hose. Got it at a CW store since it was the lowest price anywhere at the time.

We have the Valterra Dominator hose which is nice the way it collapses like an accordion to fit in the hose carrier easily. The hose slides into the carrrier way easier than a bumper due to the dia. of the carrier, plus being round.

Oh, I see this was an old thread but there you go anyway.

Thank you for the quick reply and photo. We also bought the Valterra holder. Its awesome. What toy hauler do you have? Dont think that location would work on our 260rt.
Old 06-25-2019, 09:48 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendy7 View Post
Thank you for the quick reply and photo. We also bought the Valterra holder. Its awesome. What toy hauler do you have? Dont think that location would work on our 260rt.
It's actually a TT but don't think it matters. You could mount the carrier anywhere underneath where it doesn't conflict with anything. The thing about the Valterra carrier is that for some reason they designed it in a way that makes it awkward to use if you want to mount it to the underside of I-beams. If you look at the photo below, the mounting brackets are at the very end of the tube. That means you have to reach under almost a foot to reach the door. Sort of like having to reach under to pull a holding tank valve handle which I find awkward.

What I did was cut away all the bracket material and used Valterra's saddle (as in 2nd photo) and mounted it about 10" or so from the end. I used a utility knife with sharp fresh blade in it to cut away the stock brackets. I also used it to cut away the lip that you can see in the photo. That way, with the typical 72" spacing of a frame's I-beams plus being in 10" out on each side means the longer sewer hose carrier (50-94") works out fine. Only thing I discovered that needed addressing is that when the carrier is extended to it's full length of 94", it sags noticeably in the middle. The carrier material is all ABS so I simply glued the two pieces of tubing together with regular yellow ABS glue. I also used some glue to hold the saddles in place.

It's too bad Valterra doesn't make these so you can do this straight out of the box. Hope this helps.

Old 06-25-2019, 10:02 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by myredracer View Post
It's actually a TT but don't think it matters. You could mount the carrier anywhere underneath where it doesn't conflict with anything. The thing about the Valterra carrier is that for some reason they designed it in a way that makes it awkward to use if you want to mount it to the underside of I-beams. If you look at the photo below, the mounting brackets are at the very end of the tube. That means you have to reach under almost a foot to reach the door. Sort of like having to reach under to pull a holding tank valve handle which I find awkward.

What I did was cut away all the bracket material and used Valterra's saddle (as in 2nd photo) and mounted it about 10" or so from the end. I used a utility knife with sharp fresh blade in it to cut away the stock brackets. I also used it to cut away the lip that you can see in the photo. That way, with the typical 72" spacing of a frame's I-beams plus being in 10" out on each side means the longer sewer hose carrier (50-94") works out fine. Only thing I discovered that needed addressing is that when the carrier is extended to it's full length of 94", it sags noticeably in the middle. The carrier material is all ABS so I simply glued the two pieces of tubing together with regular yellow ABS glue. I also used some glue to hold the saddles in place.

It's too bad Valterra doesn't make these so you can do this straight out of the box. Hope this helps.

Hey any advice is helpful. Thx alot!! Good tips !!!! Happy Camping to you !!!!!!!

Tags
storage