Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-10-2017, 06:39 PM   #21

I just installed the Lock-in load(BK-1000) . I drilled one hole after observing things might have been to close to the fuel station tank. after that I took a box cutter and put two slices in the insulation to minimize tearing insulation out. I then stuck a coat hanger down through the hole I drilled and took measurements from that point to insure I would not hit the tank, went in well and bike rides good. watch the video. We just got our toy hauler and still work fulltime, after riding for 30 plus years and working around the weather this has worked great for us.

2013 Forest River Salem/Sport Fifth WHL
2017 GMC Sierra 2500 Duramax/Allison
Curt Q20 Fifth wheel, Champion Inverter3500
US Army Retired
Bikersarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 07:35 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyMtnMarty View Post
I rarely have a problem. ..it usually rolls right out. If the tire happens to stick, which would cause the chock to slip a little, my wife just stands on the chock leg and it stays in place while I roll it free. In over 25+ trips...that only happened twice.
Somehow the front tire 'grips' the rubber that is on the V of the chock. You can place a piece of cloth over it and it solves the issue. I use an old wash rag.
gloryracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2017, 11:46 AM   #23

I use a removable front wheel chock with 5 ratchets straps (1 thru front wheel, 2 off the front crash bars, and 2 off the rear crash bars) to floor mounted e-tracks. i installed the e-track so I can use it for my atv's and '15 HD Limited.

The mounts screw into the floor and the chock screws into them. When I don't use the chock, I just put the bolts in to plugs the holes and not to lose the bolts, and leave the chock in the cabinet.
Old 11-28-2017, 09:30 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by slapshot12 View Post
I use a removable front wheel chock with 5 ratchets straps (1 thru front wheel, 2 off the front crash bars, and 2 off the rear crash bars) to floor mounted e-tracks. i installed the e-track so I can use it for my atv's and '15 HD Limited.

The mounts screw into the floor and the chock screws into them. When I don't use the chock, I just put the bolts in to plugs the holes and not to lose the bolts, and leave the chock in the cabinet.

Which wheel chock do you use? I have the grey wolf 22RR.
DanPoncherello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 04:54 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanPoncherello View Post
Which wheel chock do you use? I have the grey wolf 22RR.
I'm using this one in my current WnP. I have a new Momentum coming in a couple weeks and will be using a Biker Bar in that.

https://www.etrailer.com/Wheel-Chock...ax/TWSPWC.html
Old 12-15-2017, 02:46 PM   #26

Wheel Chock

Mounted a HF chock onto 1/2 inch plywood, installed tie down eyes into plywood and strap they whole thing into place with floor eyes. remove when bike is not being hauled. NO trip, no slip. BTW added carpet to bottom to prevent scouring floor.
Mike TerMeer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
harley, toy hauler