Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-22-2022, 02:30 PM   #1

What flag pole setup?

Looking for a flag pole to attach to my ladder on my 2021 Forest river wolf pack 23 pack 15 any experience with anything purchased for this? Not looking to build it myself just want something to hold on and go
fishingkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2022, 02:39 PM   #3

I jxst ordered 2-4’ sections along with the ladder mount to mount my weather station. What I ordered is a 2” diameter.

When I ordered online their shipping cost was outrageous but they said there was a glitch on their ordering system. They are real,responsive.

Take a look…

https://www.flagpolebuddy.com/

2016 Siverback 33IK, Towed 50K+ mile
2018 Ford F-350 Lariat 6.7L V8 Diesel 4WD Crew Cab

"If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there."
dalford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2022, 03:22 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalford View Post
I jxst ordered 2-4’ sections along with the ladder mount to mount my weather station. What I ordered is a 2” diameter.

When I ordered online their shipping cost was outrageous but they said there was a glitch on their ordering system. They are real,responsive.

Take a look…

https://www.flagpolebuddy.com/

Yes, flagpolebuddy is the answer. I have one and am very pleased with it. Just be careful to not fly the flag in high (25+) winds. I did break my first pole but that was on me. Two flags, 25mph winds, boom. My bad

2021 Jayco Class C model 27U
5er_tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2022, 10:55 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishingkid View Post
Looking for a flag pole to attach to my ladder on my 2021 Forest river wolf pack 23 pack 15 any experience with anything purchased for this? Not looking to build it myself just want something to hold on and go
I put mind on the front with 2 strap with velco wrap around mind power jackand it works great
BillyBass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2022, 10:59 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5er_tom View Post
Yes, flagpolebuddy is the answer. I have one and am very pleased with it. Just be careful to not fly the flag in high (25+) winds. I did break my first pole but that was on me. Two flags, 25mph winds, boom. My bad
order from amazon its free shipping with prime
BillyBass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2022, 11:05 AM   #7

I got one on the way flagpolebuddy sounds like the way to go. Thank you
Old 01-23-2022, 11:08 AM   #8

polesandholders.com

Had them for years. they have everything.
Dave13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2022, 11:13 AM   #9

Quote:
One more Idea. This is what I have and use. Can withstand 35mph+ winds

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...D51B&FORM=VIRE
bzac1954 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2022, 11:17 AM   #10

Not a good idea for pole on trailer or near camp if "Lightning is present" This is a real event. I reside east of Amarillo tx. Big lightning one afternoon. My neighbor had 2 flag poles in his front yard. " steel" lightning hit 1 of them, previous owner put them there. under 1 of them was the house wire from the electric pole in front yard. lightning hit pole , contacted cable , went up to meter, up to transformer ,in street, down to my meter, " 2 houses on 1 pole " burnt up my g- door opener, my cable tv box. At his house it destroyed everything pluged in . A.C. unit cable ,toaster coffee pot. etc. the power of lightning is dangerous. where the power cables ran underground blew the groung up in the air ,it looked like a Mole burried under the surface. it went up the side of his house where the old satellite dish used to be. almost caught on fire. it arched to any pipe ,cable in yard. insurance covered his ,not mine. Excel energy told me to take my flag pole off of my porch and put it far away from house. its your life at hand , i dont recomend flag pole on rvs "EVER"
Thomas ho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2022, 11:25 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyBass View Post
order from amazon its free shipping with prime
I usually order from Amazon but I did not need a 16’ pole nor a flag. But if your ordering a flag setup it is definitely the way to go.

I order 2 of their 4’ poles which I don’t see on Amazon.

Old 01-23-2022, 12:11 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas ho View Post
Not a good idea for pole on trailer or near camp if "Lightning is present" This is a real event. I reside east of Amarillo tx. Big lightning one afternoon. My neighbor had 2 flag poles in his front yard. " steel" lightning hit 1 of them, previous owner put them there. under 1 of them was the house wire from the electric pole in front yard. lightning hit pole , contacted cable , went up to meter, up to transformer ,in street, down to my meter, " 2 houses on 1 pole " burnt up my g- door opener, my cable tv box. At his house it destroyed everything pluged in . A.C. unit cable ,toaster coffee pot. etc. the power of lightning is dangerous. where the power cables ran underground blew the groung up in the air ,it looked like a Mole burried under the surface. it went up the side of his house where the old satellite dish used to be. almost caught on fire. it arched to any pipe ,cable in yard. insurance covered his ,not mine. Excel energy told me to take my flag pole off of my porch and put it far away from house. its your life at hand , i dont recomend flag pole on rvs "EVER"

Mine is fiberglass so little to no worry about lightening strike.

2021 Jayco Class C model 27U
5er_tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2022, 12:22 PM   #13

I found the 16 ft pole flag and mount setup on sale on camping world plus if you spend $150 you can get $20 off with code winter25 promo code Plus free shipping
Old 01-23-2022, 01:00 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas ho View Post
Maybe you shouldn’t drive..lol

Kidding aside, I guess you could look at it like a lightening rod. Mine is aluminum, very good conductor, but only sticks up about a foot higher than my ac unit. I use mine for a weather station. Kind of ironic, weather station and lightening.

Living in the lightening capital of the world (Florida) I’ve had my close encounters with lightening. If not a flag pole a tree or something else.

Old 01-23-2022, 01:10 PM   #15

I agree

polesandholders.com

Had them for years. they have everything.
Jeff from Burlington Ont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2022, 03:41 PM   #16

Quote:
I found the 16 ft pole flag and mount setup on sale on camping world plus if you spend $150 you can get $20 off with code winter25 promo code Plus free shipping
Great find! I just installed mine on my rv ladder. Easy install and mounting the pole to the mount is easy-peasy. Can do it standing flat on the ground.

I’m raising a weather station but can’t imagine raising a 16’ flag with wind blowing without resting in the flag pole buddy mount.

Let us know how it works for you. I will post some pics once we get to our destination of how easy it goes up and works for me..

Old 01-23-2022, 05:20 PM   #17

Smile

Rvflagpoleguy.com
levert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2022, 06:47 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by levert View Post
Rvflagpoleguy.com
He gets his mounts from flagpolebuddy.com… they are marked right on the packaging…

I’m sure many will work. I think the op has already purchased something…

Old 02-04-2022, 09:10 AM   #19

Flagpole on trailer

Not mine, but a great idea.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	B2F6139F-A1D5-4EF6-B722-9B7C6F26E275.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	459.5 KB
ID:	268484  

2005 Forester 2901
2005 Scion XB
RacerRalph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2022, 10:16 AM   #20

America is divided. People are pissed off. Flying flags just makes it worse. The best flag pole is no flag pole.
ppine is offline   Reply With Quote