Old 02-09-2010, 03:57 AM   #21

Hey Rockwood, hope you weren't moving to PA to get away from the snow!! Now it looks like you're bringing it up here- we're supposed to get 12-18 out of this one. Been lucky so far as it's mostly dumped the big stuff on you guys and VA. Sure glad I tuned up the snowblower this year. BTW- our weatherman said tonite that the SPRING SOLSTICE has begun- Yeah, right!
MightyMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 07:34 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyMike View Post
Hey Rockwood, hope you weren't moving to PA to get away from the snow!! Now it looks like you're bringing it up here- we're supposed to get 12-18 out of this one. Been lucky so far as it's mostly dumped the big stuff on you guys and VA. Sure glad I tuned up the snowblower this year. BTW- our weatherman said tonite that the SPRING SOLSTICE has begun- Yeah, right!
No, not moving to get a way from the snow, just want to down size and get out of Maryland. After getting out of our driveway yesterday we road up to PA to check on the new house and to see what kind of job PA does on there roads. I don't know how much snow PA got but we ended up with about 26" and we are 15 miles a way.
I work at the Air and Space Museum at Dulles Airport in Northern VA and the Museum close today for the second day in a row. They had 32" of snow and from what I understand over at Dulles Airport they had a roof fall in on one of there hangers that houses small aircraft and some of them were damaged. I know one thing VDOT is not good about taking care of there roads when it snows, at least not the routs I travel.
Snow shovels and snow blower, I wish I had invested in them this year. We have 3 shovels and they are wearing out, called around and Lowe's was the only place that had them. We jumped in the truck to go buy 3 and by the time we got there they were sold out, Lowe's is less then 15 mins a way, as far as snow blowers I have a small Craftsman 21" but it is not big enough for this type of snow, so if you are looking for a snow blower good luck there are none to be had.
rockwood06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 11:58 PM   #23

I'm about 50 miles NW of Phila. So far we haven't been hit like philly this year,but I think that's about to change. HAven't had to use my snowblower for about the last 3 years, but for some unknown reason I got it out early this year to see what kind of shape it was in. Well- glad I did, cause the carb was all messed up, but it's goin good now. Can relate to the shovel wearing out- Seems the good old plastic doesn't hold up these days. If you're truly interested, the Lowe's and Home Depots up here still have snow blowers!!! Good luck tomorrow/ today!!
MightyMike is offline   Reply With Quote