Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-27-2017, 08:47 PM   #21

Atlanta RV Show TODAY

We were there at 11:45 until 4:50pm. As usual, today was OFD (old farts day)
obviously DW and I fit right in there: show was well represented as always and crowd was good up until 4 when people knowing the Atlanta traffic on Friday evening decided: time to go!

It's 90 miles down and back thru midtown. we were home in less than 1 hour, expected worse, but traffic was flowing all the way north at 65mph with no accidents.

This show always has more rv vendors than Cobb Galleria. DW and I had a very nice time.
SilverbackMel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2017, 11:58 PM   #22

DW and I were there today also. We got there about 11:15 (door opened at 11:00am) and left about 3:15. It took a good 15 minutes to get through the door. Like Mel, I asked some of the people in line why there weren't at work today. Majority were the older crowd. Still quite a few newcomers visiting the show. I thought it was pretty well attended. I didn't see anything that would fit my needs. My big disappointment, that I told some of the factory reps, was that very few TT's had any wardrobe space, and even some of the 5rs but fifth wheels for the most part have wardrobes. I just don't have enough TV for a fifth wheel right now so it is what it is. Glad it was mostly inside since the temp was in the low 40's today. Also, the food was pretty decent for a exhibit hall. I am about 50 miles one way from the house to the exhibit hall. I used to work about 2 miles from there, it was only for 3 years and I hated every day of it. But, I don't have to go through downtown, I live on the west side so I take the South Fulton Parkway west for a ways before I head north, still took nearly an hour drive. I skipped the show in the Galleria because of the traffic and ball field construction. Camping World wasn't at this show but CW's newest acquisition (according to rumor), RV World of GA as there. Except for National Inside RV and Campers Inn the rest were independent dealers.
Camped 2016-71, 2017-33, 2018-29 booked
KT4W
BooBoo23 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
show